Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Off Topic Forums
User Name
Password

Old 09-25-2009, 04:02 PM

i guess mines more of a be careful of who's around you when youre saying it, but...

just yesterday my girlfriend wanted to ride her bike. i didnt have my truck so i told her she would have to take the front wheel off and put it in her neon. 1st funny thing is her thinking it would fit with the front wheel still on.. i leaned against my car smiling while she tried and tried. she lives on the first corner of a town center so i got to watch everyone stare at her and laugh. once she caught on to my snickering. i told her i would take the wheel off. well i didnt have the right size socket so i had to use a crecent wrench. not really thinking that she might repeat it, i said "well, looks like im going to have to use my good ol' mexican socket set" i took the wheel off and loaded the bike. i told her when she got to her destination to let her friends husband put the wheel back on. she went to their house and was standing in the driveway and apparently forgot what the wrech was called so she kept explaining that she "left the mexican something" somewhere. her friend argued saying " you mean metric"? "NO MEXICAN!!" she shouted. well apparently her friend was having some roof work done and they looked up to see a couple of confused roofers that just happen to be hispanic. when she told me how embarassed she was it really made my day!
Old 09-25-2009, 04:11 PM

Trust me when I say that us with estrogen aren't the only ones that are clueless. Back in the late '70's, my ex-husband Paul and I were watching TV. A commercial for the newly released Stayfree Mini-Pads comes on and they're showing various views of the pad, extolling the product's benefits and superior "performance," and get to the part about the adhesive strip. The commercial ends and Paul looks at me with this quizzical expression and then asks ... "Doesn't it hurt when you pull it off???"

Thirty years later, I still crack up when I see that brand of feminine hygiene product advertised ...

Cheers,
Mary Pozzi
Old 09-25-2009, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpozziCPL View Post
Trust me when I say that us with estrogen aren't the only ones that are clueless. Back in the late '70's, my ex-husband Paul and I were watching TV. A commercial for the newly released Stayfree Mini-Pads comes on and they're showing various views of the pad, extolling the product's benefits and superior "performance," and get to the part about the adhesive strip. The commercial ends and Paul looks at me with this quizzical expression and then asks ... "Doesn't it hurt when you pull it off???"

Thirty years later, I still crack up when I see that brand of feminine hygiene product advertised ...

Cheers,
Mary Pozzi
Old 09-25-2009, 08:02 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpozziCPL View Post

Cheers,
Mary Pozzi
I just read this one to my wife Mary---LOL--thanks for sharing.

Doug
Old 09-25-2009, 09:22 PM

Mary I can hear Paul asking that, just like a civil engineer.

Kevin
Old 09-25-2009, 09:40 PM

dad is right.
rick k
Old 09-25-2009, 10:28 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Mary now you know everthing about a woman really is a mistery to us ! lol If my wife wasn't around here my post would be a lot funnier with my spelling.

Old 09-26-2009, 01:00 AM

I get home from work one night and tell my wife about this car we are building at work.

She pipes and says, "I saw a beautifully restored car today".

I said, "what was it"?

Oh.. I'm not sure, it was blue and had nice shiny wheels.. they really did a nice job though

I left it at that 'cause she really is clueless about cars.

A couple of days later we are driving to the shops, she points and says, "that's it... see"?

I peer over to the direction she is pointing....

"Honey, that's a PT Cruiser, they are made by Chrysler, you can buy one at a dealership around the corner"

Last edited by Racecraft; 09-26-2009 at 01:02 AM.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:36 PM

hey guys,
those are some funny stories! i thought i might share one from my wife....
she is standind in the kitchen cracking eggs into the skillet and stops for a minute, looks at me, then asks as seriously as can be...... how do they know which eggs have chickens in them and which have eggs in them!!!
i know its not car related but i still tease her about it!
Old 02-23-2010, 07:57 PM

ask her about the chickens of the sea, maybe she knows that one?
Bangshift Stories
I’m not the smartest guy at the track … but when he goes home … I’m still there testing, tuning, learning & getting faster.