Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Off Topic Forums
User Name
Password

Old 07-11-2012, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucketlist2012 View Post
Man I wish you well..That is just too many cigarettes.

You sound like a great guy, and we do not want to lose you..

You quit drugs, you can do this..

I quit meth 10 years ago, cold turkey...Never to look back...

How can we help you quit smoking ? Any Ideas guys ???

Can you try to put each cigarette off for a while so you get down to 20 a day. Then 15 a day.. Then 10 a day.

That is how I quit smoking, and by the time i got down to less than 5 a day, I started hating the taste and the smell. I had to go slow stopping smoking, but meth was one day, cold turkey..

Nicotine is a mean drug..
I'll give that a try and thanks for the kind words

Accelerating is optional...........stopping is mandatory. Your car WILL stop one way or another.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by intocarss View Post
Hats off to you sir!! As I stated, I quit drugs cold turkey many years ago and never looked back. As far as cigarettes, I am up to a pack and a half - 2 packs a day right now. I have tried quiting many times over the years but it just draws me back
Force of habit, just like chewing. Smoking for you is probably like chewing for me....something to do. You can cut down.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:05 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,076 Times in 384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwhite692 View Post
As Greg said of smoking, it's WAR.

Sadly --- I quit smoking at 21 and took up drinking.... Quit that at 31....

Now I'm perfect in every way.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:11 PM

Thanked 1,076 Times in 384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by intocarss View Post
Hats off to you sir!! As I stated, I quit drugs cold turkey many years ago and never looked back. As far as cigarettes, I am up to a pack and a half - 2 packs a day right now. I have tried quiting many times over the years but it just draws me back

Here's what kills guys like me and Todd.... We are control freaks. Once you understand that about yourself...it's okay. It's just what it is. BUT.... that's where I use that "control" to turn things around for myself.

My big battle with cigs was --- "are you really going to let them control your life"? Like when you're down to just a few --- you'll go out of your way - do anything - modify your whole day - just to make sure you get some more cigs... That is when THEY are in control.... and that's just not the way we work.

Just like drinking - or any other addiction.... when that is in control is when we have a problem regardless of what "it" is. Gambling - cheating - smoking - drugs - cars - whatever... Gotta ask yourself -- who is in control here? Me or "it". I choose ME.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Junky View Post
Force of habit, just like chewing. Smoking for you is probably like chewing for me....something to do. You can cut down.
My ex crew chief pointed out that I used to smoke way more when I was at the race track racing, then when I was at home. Now I smoke way more at home. Hmmm? I think you have a point there G

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
Now I'm perfect in every way.
Except with a Gopro camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
Here's what kills guys like me and Todd.... We are control freaks. Once you understand that about yourself...it's okay. It's just what it is. BUT.... that's where I use that "control" to turn things around for myself.

My big battle with cigs was --- "are you really going to let them control your life"? Like when you're down to just a few --- you'll go out of your way - do anything - modify your whole day - just to make sure you get some more cigs... That is when THEY are in control.... and that's just not the way we work.

Just like drinking - or any other addiction.... when that is in control is when we have a problem regardless of what "it" is. Gambling - cheating - smoking - drugs - cars - whatever... Gotta ask yourself -- who is in control here? Me or "it". I choose ME
That makes total sense and 100% correct. I have gone to the store at 3am because I've woken up and realized i was out of smokes, I didn't even need one rt then just had to know it was there on the table.. Thing is I am not in anyway a control freak though

Accelerating is optional...........stopping is mandatory. Your car WILL stop one way or another.

Last edited by intocarss; 07-11-2012 at 10:20 PM.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:19 PM

Just be ready to start having the urge to eat more when you cut down. I've been to Safeway 3 times today. Even though the extra foods I'm eating are healthy I'm definitely going to have to step up my work out program to lose the extra calorie intake.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:43 PM

I'm with Greg, I don't like anything having a neuce around my neck in life. Smoking is really a life or death decision. I really think you need to figure out WHY you want to quit. If it's not for you, what about family? Do you still have goals you want to accomplish? Once you figure that out, then you need to find a suitable new habit to start weaning yourself off. A mint, gum, toothpick, sunflower seeds, etc...

You need the mental strength to quit as well. Excercise and eating right will move you up a couple rungs upstairs. You have to want it and believe in it.
Old 07-11-2012, 11:14 PM

Weird but I heard sunflower seeds help with quiting smoking. Keeps your hands and mouth busy and the oil in the seeds could take place of the nicotine craving (I would imagine only slightly as from what I understand quitting smoking is harder than quitting herion).

If seeds work, i would go low sodium ones ...

One creedo I try to live by is if you can unwrapp it, it has too many preservatives...
Old 07-11-2012, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legend View Post
Good food doesn't have to taste bad

Most people view food very simply: it either tastes good, or it’s good for you – and never the two shall meet.

Extracts from the Gourmet Nutrition, recipe book, which has some wonderful food inside and all of the macronutrient ratios are already worked out.
I'm thinking about ordering this cook book. How long have you been using it and what recipes are you using?
Old 07-11-2012, 11:19 PM

how bout for every cig you smoke you eat one too. that will work quick.

right at 1500 today. fish,turkey,fruit,vegi,and yorgurt

1970 1/2 rs z28...pro-touring?...i wish...soon?