Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Off Topic Forums
User Name
Password

Old 06-03-2019, 11:57 AM

Your openness around this whole thing has been inspirational. Most keep this type of thing under wraps till the end. I think you've educated a whole bunch of people myself included. Thinking of you and your family.
The Following User Says Thank You to nicks67ca For This Useful Post:
GregWeld (06-04-2019)
Old 06-03-2019, 01:47 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanks Greg for everything you have done and still do for the car community,you are a great person and have earned respect from everyone.I have told your story about your fight with several people and will continue,good luck with your fight
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tubbed69 For This Useful Post:
GregWeld (06-04-2019), Sonar Chief (06-04-2019), waynieZ (06-03-2019)
Old 06-03-2019, 06:42 PM

Your example has made an impact on people that the rest of us can dream about and aspire to be like. You are always genuine and uninhibited and people respect you for it. I know I do. You've loved this community immensely through all your guidance and support. You've built a fortress around your family nobody can get through that will transcend generations. You are a good man.... I'll certainly be praying for you and thinking of you.

Your Friend,
Todd
fleetus macmullitz (06-05-2019), glassman (06-04-2019), GregWeld (06-04-2019), Ricochet (06-07-2019), Sonar Chief (06-04-2019)
Old 06-03-2019, 08:56 PM

I agree with Todd.

GregWeld (06-04-2019)
Old 06-04-2019, 10:49 AM

Thanked 1,076 Times in 384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas69 View Post
Your example has made an impact on people that the rest of us can dream about and aspire to be like. You are always genuine and uninhibited and people respect you for it. I know I do. You've loved this community immensely through all your guidance and support. You've built a fortress around your family nobody can get through that will transcend generations. You are a good man.... I'll certainly be praying for you and thinking of you.

Your Friend,
Todd

Thanks buddy! I DO LOVE this community!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GregWeld For This Useful Post:
69hugger (06-11-2019), WILWAXU (06-11-2019)
Old 06-04-2019, 11:52 AM

Although I haven't been here long, I have followed this thread, and pretty much stalked (sic) you because my wife is using CBD to combat some issues, and your openness on the effects and adversities has been beyond helpful for us. You help people you don't know and that is the epitome of class. Thank you.
The Following User Says Thank You to shelteredV For This Useful Post:
GregWeld (06-09-2019)
Old 06-04-2019, 08:13 PM

Greg, just saw this. Was hoping for different news, but I'm sad. Wishing you and your family nothing but the best, as you deserve.
I will always cherish the times we spent together with the hope of many more to come. You may not know this, but you've taught me many things, not just simple proper investment advice, but other car stuff , your no bull**** style and other things along the six short years of our friendship.
I will always remember and cherish. Will say a prayer tonite for you and the fam.

Warmest regards, Mike
GregWeld (06-09-2019)
Old 06-10-2019, 09:44 PM

Well this stinks. I just got on from a week long 5500+ mile road trip with the family to Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, etc. and I didn’t expect to find this. It ain’t over til it’s over buddy. Embrace every moment in your today with everything you have. Make sure to say what needs to be said. Leave with no regrets. You have nothing to be ashamed of in my book Greg. You’ve fought this crap like your the second monkey trying to get on the ark, and it’s starting to rain. I applaud your dignity and your desire to help folks here, even now. I was out in your neck of the woods last week, and I will forever regret not taking the time to locate you and shake your hand. My prayers are still with you, as you know.
70 velle' on custom chassis w/custom RideTech coilovers, RED sleeved 434” with Mamo 265’s, F-body Magnum, 12 bolt 3:73, wilwood 6/4's, bla, bla, bla...build. thread https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=39631
New 434” engine build here https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...ved-block.html

Thanks Dad!!

My Chevelle is old school... It has a belt driven power steering pump.
They're 17's, but I keep em clean!
Old 06-11-2019, 10:42 AM

Although we never met, you've helped me a lot the past few years. With both the Investing thread and this one. With the knowledge you shared here, I was able to help promote the use of CBD/THC with my Grandmothers cancer as well. She kicked off all her meds and just ran with CBD/THC for a couple weeks, and it was the best she felt, and got my mom and family a few extra weeks with her that they wouldn't have had if they would have stuck with the morphine. She passed a few weeks ago, but it's a matter of time for all of us. We all know the outcome. Just not "when".

Keep the spirits up, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Thanks again.

Albert

My Toy... is actually a 1973 Camaro LT and a '09 HD Dyna.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toy71camaro For This Useful Post:
camcojb (06-11-2019), waynieZ (06-11-2019)
Old 06-11-2019, 06:28 PM

Thanked 1,076 Times in 384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Che70velle View Post
Well this stinks. I just got on from a week long 5500+ mile road trip with the family to Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, etc. and I didn’t expect to find this. It ain’t over til it’s over buddy. Embrace every moment in your today with everything you have. Make sure to say what needs to be said. Leave with no regrets. You have nothing to be ashamed of in my book Greg. You’ve fought this crap like your the second monkey trying to get on the ark, and it’s starting to rain. I applaud your dignity and your desire to help folks here, even now. I was out in your neck of the woods last week, and I will forever regret not taking the time to locate you and shake your hand. My prayers are still with you, as you know.

Thanks Scott.... It’s okay - glad you didn’t go out of your way — that’s family time and should be respected as such. Hope it was a good trip for all.

All along this “journey” — I’ve made decisions based on what “I” wanted the outcome to be — knowing that my decisions may be the wrong ones medically - but the right ones for ME. I never was going to do chemo and radiation — and certainly not after having my cells examined by Foundation One which said NO known chemo was a match for what I had.

QUALITY of life should be the focus - not length of it. If I was to live 3 more years - but be spending that time in a chemo room — and the hospital - and taking all manor of pills for the ills that come with that way of treatment — I say NO THANK YOU. I’ll take the time I have — do that as clear and unobstructed as I can - and run with it. That was my choice all along - still is.

Now — I’m positive - 100% — that the treatment of THC/CBD got me to this point. I’d argue to the death with anyone that thinks otherwise. I know how I’ve felt - I know what I did. Now — that’s where I would say that I possibly made choices that were for me vs length of life. I should have stayed dosing THC with the CBD the ENTIRE TIME since day one. However.... I didn’t want the associated “high” that came with it — and so I choose to do more CBD and very little THC.... I know it’s the THC that fights the cancer — but hoped that the CBD would at least hold it off and stretch out some time - while giving me the quality of life I desired. As I sit here now - I would not have changed the choices I’ve made.

I’ve said from day one — I’ve lived one hell of a great life. Would I like to continue that forever? Sure. We all would. But I have no regrets and feel that I’ve actually probably lived about two lifetimes. It’s only when discussing with buddies on the “text train” and I reminisce about life’s adventures — that I shake my head and think — this whole thing must sound “made up” because it’s so incredulous! Since my early teens - it was WOT - one adventure after another - and only seems to have accelerated in the last 30 years.

Life is a weird game — ups and downs - wins and losses... but when I stop and assess what’s the biggest thing in life for me — it always comes back to the people. The people I’ve met - the people that have been able to do things with - the people that have reached down and pulled me up - the people I’ve pushed up from the bottom.... in the end - that’s the only thing I’ll miss.

Last edited by GregWeld; 06-12-2019 at 02:23 PM.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to GregWeld For This Useful Post:
68LS1 (06-12-2019), 69hugger (06-12-2019), BMR Sales (06-12-2019), Build-It-Break-it (06-11-2019), Che70velle (06-12-2019), DBasher (06-11-2019), dhutton (06-11-2019), glassman (06-13-2019), OLDFLM (06-19-2019), pw2006 (06-15-2019), RdHuggr68 (06-11-2019), Sonar Chief (06-12-2019), Tinker (06-12-2019), waynieZ (06-11-2019)