Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Artwork and Collectibles
User Name
Password

Old 06-22-2008, 11:03 AM

Default blueprints/dimensions for rendering?...

hello all, lurker with a question for you 3d rendering guys...

does anyone know of a good spot to find blueprints/dimensions for vehicles? specifically im looking for a '65 lincoln continental, cant seem to find anything anywhere online (might hit the library later)...(thought a pt conti would be pretty bad )

just learned 3d cad last year, was wanting to try a project just for fun (cad's probably not the best thing for what im trying to do, but i dont really have the funds for something like modo (looking at it on their site right now, looks crazy cool though, and not a bad price at all, considering...), and i have it. work with what ya got i reckon...)

any input/direction appreciated

:addition:

barring being able to find dimensions/blueprints, if i had a photo and imported it i could probably work off of that and then scale it, ya? (just thinking about it might come in handy for other things...)

and...modo...holy %$^&! crazy looking program. just got done going through the whole site. i might be able to snag it at a student discount price ($150 for a 1 year license), so maybe i give that a shot...(currently going for my masters in architecture, and in the process discovered that im not too bad with 3d stuff and kinda like doing it )

Last edited by rockatanski; 06-22-2008 at 11:47 AM.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockatanski View Post
hello all, lurker with a question for you 3d rendering guys...

does anyone know of a good spot to find blueprints/dimensions for vehicles? specifically im looking for a '65 lincoln continental, cant seem to find anything anywhere online (might hit the library later)...(thought a pt conti would be pretty bad )

just learned 3d cad last year, was wanting to try a project just for fun (cad's probably not the best thing for what im trying to do, but i dont really have the funds for something like modo (looking at it on their site right now, looks crazy cool though, and not a bad price at all, considering...), and i have it. work with what ya got i reckon...)

any input/direction appreciated

:addition:

barring being able to find dimensions/blueprints, if i had a photo and imported it i could probably work off of that and then scale it, ya? (just thinking about it might come in handy for other things...)

and...modo...holy %$^&! crazy looking program. just got done going through the whole site. i might be able to snag it at a student discount price ($150 for a 1 year license), so maybe i give that a shot...(currently going for my masters in architecture, and in the process discovered that im not too bad with 3d stuff and kinda like doing it )

Try smcars they have the most blueprints around

http://www.smcars.net/forums/blueprints/

[SIGPIC]https://lateral-g.net/forums/image.php4?type=sigpic&userid=4368&dateline=121287 1168[/SIGPIC]
RENDERING GALLERY!!
Old 06-24-2008, 08:00 AM

holy wow thats a lot of stuff they have!

*registered, digging around*

cool, they actually have one! sweet!

thanks a bunch man