Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Artwork and Collectibles
User Name
Password

Old 01-04-2007, 05:16 AM

Wow, insanely cool!

Hey, how about a doing an ASC/McLaren convertible next? I'd buy a resin body if one were available!

Shiny Side Up!
Bill
'72 442 "Inamorata"
www.FQuick.com/ProTouring442
Old 01-15-2007, 11:54 PM

here is a little update on this. spent some time with it today, grafting in the mustang script on the rear bumper and adding the flare that is there on the 1:1 car.

Artwork Page
Old 01-17-2007, 01:02 PM

here is where I am at on the front end. The bar that holds the ford emblem needs to be narrowed some more. but it is getting there. I plan on contacting a friend in the next couple of days to see if he would be willing to make a mold and how much he would charge...

Artwork Page
Old 01-22-2007, 10:21 PM

Well, got it all puttied up today. Love evercoat rage, best stuff to work with. Hopefully I can get it smoothed out and a coat of primer on it before the end of the week. Still a little unsatisfied with the rear window surround and the overall size of the rear quarter glass I think it should be almost the same size, if not the exact same as the hatch glass.....

Artwork Page
Old 01-29-2007, 10:28 PM

Alright, a little update on this guy. Wet sanded with some 800 grit to make sure all the areas that received work to this point are nice and smooth. The front bumper is permanently attached and molded in. I need to rescribe the fender/bumper line, as this is not accurately represented by the kit pieces. All that is left on the front bumper is to finish up the cross bar that holds the ford emblem, the uprights in the lower grille, and correct the rub strips on the front bumper, as they have that break in the very center. Then give it a final once over to correct any erroneous proportions and the main part of the body will be done and then its on to the glass. Time for this guy will be getting scarse as I found out today that I have to add another advanced physics course on top of my current load of quantum mechanics, advanced electricity and magnetism, and advanced electronics. If it isn't complete by spring break, expect to see a final product soon there after. enjoy the pictures and as always comments and criticism please.

Artwork Page
Old 01-29-2007, 10:29 PM

Artwork Page
Old 01-30-2007, 08:03 AM

That is some very, VERY nice work!

I'd love to run across a 85/86 coupe model.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:01 PM

spent a good deal of time on this guy today. Its probably 90-95% complete at this point. The runners in the lower grille are in. Almost all of the trash is cleaned up in the primer from when I stripped it. The interior is just about completely cleaned up. All that is really left is to scribe the panel line for the front bumper and add the runner with the Ford emblem to the top grille. I fit the Thunderbird rear glass. My plan is to vacuum form the rear glass and include it with the body. I may also form the quarter windows and mold the side windows. It looks like the 'vert interior tub is the better fit for the interior. It will require some work for the parcel shelf and final fit and finish, not sure if I will master and include those panels or leave that to you guys. If anyone can get me some good shots of the interior that would be great. Enjoy.

Artwork Page
Old 07-17-2007, 10:23 PM

Hi Russell,

This thread spooks me every time I open it - that thing looks sooo real in several of the pictures !!! (Either that or it is real and that's a 400 gallon Sonic cup in the background ) You are a very talented guy !

When I was thinking about doing my C5 Porsche 356, I bought a kit and got a C5 kit the same scale - split the Porsche down the middle and stuffed the vette parts in. It was very fun and I wish I could find a Fugimi 356 Coupe to do the same with so it would be closer to the finished version - with tube chassis and all. Anyway, Here's some pics of the deal and the link to the real thing.

https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=5109

Keep up the GREAT work !

Jim Halliburton
Attached Images

Old 07-17-2007, 11:15 PM

The hardest part of widening that body is going to be hiding the seams where you have to add in plastic, and scribing the panel lines. Good luck. If you need any help, let me know. That project is amazing.

All that is left on this is to spot sand some areas, I had to widen the fascia on the passenger side, toward the hood, to close a gap. One last coat of primer to check. Then it will get cleared with Omni 2 part urethane clear to smooth it all out and I'll be hunting for a caster to get a mold made

Artwork Page