Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 03-10-2018, 05:57 AM

I have been plugging away doing final details on the car. The closeout panel is now done and painted. Here it is just sitting on place, will probably be the last thing I bolt on after a good detailing of the entire car.

And then I got to looking at the engine compartment. I had taken the time to make and paint the upper radiator hose, but then had these ugly PCV hose and radiator overflow hoses. So what's a paint guy to do? Make up step lines and paint detail them as well.

Here is some before, and then the after:

1955 Chevy BelAir
1951 Chevy 3100
1987 Chevy R10

Glenn
Old 03-10-2018, 06:29 AM

Very nice Glenn!

Simple things make incredible improvements!

My 68 Torino
The Following User Says Thank You to jarhead For This Useful Post:
Boss 5.0 (03-10-2018)
Old 03-10-2018, 06:40 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,581 Times in 858 Posts

Glenn it's all about the details and you haven't missed any yet and I am sure after a couple more weeks you are going to find stuff that you haven't seen yet.

just a hunch

Car looks incredible and I saved all of your pictures as you have done so many little things that are just plain cool.

Projects - Syborg TT 4.3l v6 Mini-Truck, 2nd Chance Camaro & SLP575 Bumble Bee - 4Sale
The Following User Says Thank You to syborg tt For This Useful Post:
Boss 5.0 (03-10-2018)
Old 03-10-2018, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarhead View Post
Very nice Glenn!

Simple things make incredible improvements!
It's the little things that make a vehicle I have always thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by syborg tt View Post
Glenn it's all about the details and you haven't missed any yet and I am sure after a couple more weeks you are going to find stuff that you haven't seen yet.

just a hunch

Car looks incredible and I saved all of your pictures as you have done so many little things that are just plain cool.

Thanks! I'm glad to inspire others. These little things took almost no time to make with some tubing and a bender, then paint. Something I hadn't given thought to until this week when suddenly it hit me. Hah hour later they were both made, then painted at work.

I fully expect to find more at some point, but I hope not. This little car was supposed to be a $5k driver with fresh paint and a used engine has gone off the rails. I'm hoping the bleeding stops soon and once the New England weather breaks I get to start using it finally.

1955 Chevy BelAir
1951 Chevy 3100
1987 Chevy R10

Glenn
Old 03-17-2018, 08:53 PM

My plan for the last year was to attend the Boston World of Wheels as the cars debut. I have been working hard and am so close it isn;t funny. The car is ready, but I'm not sure I am. Set up is this coming Thursday, and thankfully I have awesome friends that have volunteered to get the car there and set it as well as my display up. Also repeat the same Sunday night to break it all down. This is two hours form my home, so its a lot to ask of friends.

My issue, is my health. I am having breathing/lung related issues for months now. I was just diagnosed with pneumonia for the third time in 3 months, and the fourth time since October! I have barely enough energy to walk from one end of my house to another without running out of breath. So, while I could get the car there, I'm not sure I could handle the show physically. I am so mentally bummed right now. I am going to give it until Monday afternoon before making the ultimate decision to pull out of the event, call the promotor and cancel hotel rooms. I am now on my 4th round of Prednisone and antibiotics since January 1st, and the 6th round since mid October! Doc doesn't seem to have a clue, and I am so sick and tired of being sick and tired.

In between these bouts is when I have had time to do some of these small details, but this last week or so has been nearly impossible. It took me two hours just to bolt these panels in for a lack of energy. And yet I am normally a healthy gym going just turned 49 year old. Unreal.

Well, here are the closeout panels fully installed. I'm very happy with the fit, finish and overall look of them. Exactly what I was hoping/expecting them to be.

1955 Chevy BelAir
1951 Chevy 3100
1987 Chevy R10

Glenn

Last edited by Boss 5.0; 03-17-2018 at 08:59 PM.
Old 03-17-2018, 09:40 PM

Glenn,
prayers for your health and well being.
Joe

My 68 Torino
Old 03-18-2018, 11:51 AM

Hey Glenn, I hope you start feeling better soon.
As cool as it would be to debut the car at the show your health is top priority. The show won't be very cool if you aren't in attendance to enjoy it.

Maybe you need a second opinion since your doctor doesn't know what is going on. Forty nine isn't that old, take care of yourself buddy!
Old 03-26-2018, 05:07 PM

Well......

With the help of great friends and the support of an awesome wife and two amazing daughters.... I made it to the show! For anyone that has been following along you know that I have been building towards and planning on getting this project done in time for its debut, for lack of a better term, at the Boston World of Wheels ISCA show. Through health issues that have been plaguing me for months, bad weather predictions and just an overall sense of blah. I did it. My wife kept pushing me to get the car there and reach my goal. She knows how hard I have worked and how long I have been planning on this show. To have missed it would have been heartbreaking. She is a trooper and fully supports all my car related interests. Thank heavens for that. When not feeling up to snuff and on the verge of not going, she kept pushing me, as well as 3 of my good friends that took time out of their lives and traveled the two hours to Boston to help me get in the show and set up the display. Great friends = Priceless.

Now keep in mind, this car was not built to be a Show Car. It was built to drive, and drive it I will. But, being fresh I wanted to show it off. This may very well be the first and last indoor show it ever does.

So, how did it go you ask? Well, I was absolutely blown away by the response the car got from spectators, participants and even the judges that took the time to check it out, ask questions and showed appreciation for what I did.

At the end of the show and the awards ceremony I took home five different awards.

First in class.
Outstanding Custom.
Outstanding Undercarriage.
Outstanding Display.

And the one I will forever cherish the most....

The Master Builder Award. This goes to the best car that was built with little to no outside help. Meaning, home built.

I walked out of the awards ceremony stunned to say the least. Here are some pics of it at the show.

1955 Chevy BelAir
1951 Chevy 3100
1987 Chevy R10

Glenn
Old 03-26-2018, 05:27 PM

Congrats Glenn, so awesome that family and friends supported you, and you made it there!

Well deserved!

My 68 Torino
Old 05-29-2018, 04:05 PM

The weather has finally changed form cold winter and snow, followed by lots of rain, into nice cruising weather. I now have almost 200 miles on the car and so far she is running great. I have a slight leak in the power steering line, and a little vibration in the driveline that needs to get figured out. But all in all for a complete nut and bolt built I am very happy with how things are going.

Yesterday I had John Jackson of Notstock Photography stop by and shoot my car. I wanted some killer photos of the car and I LOVE his style. this is just a sampling of what he did last night. He texted me these, waiting for the rest in an email.

I hope you dig them as much as I do.

1955 Chevy BelAir
1951 Chevy 3100
1987 Chevy R10

Glenn
The Following User Says Thank You to Boss 5.0 For This Useful Post:
WILWAXU (05-30-2018)