Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 02-13-2018, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Che70velle View Post
Herb, if I weren’t so invested in my new 434” ls build, I would build exactly what your doing there. Very nicely done sir!
I have a good friend who completed a Brodix build last year for his 70’ Chevelle. It’s a 632” that makes 904 to the tire on pump gas, and well over a grand on race gas. Drives great on the street, and doesn’t overheat.
Thanks Scott! I really like the LS engine, but since this car is a real SS396, it had to have a big block!

1966 El Camino LS408/T56
1966 Chevelle 509/???
1963 C10 454/4L80
2008 Corvette Z06 LS7/MM6

PHR CHP CHP Youtube
Old 02-14-2018, 09:37 AM

Can't wait to see what this monster does. I've heard of some great numbers out of the 509 and other 4" stroke builds over the years so i'm sure this one won't disappoint either.

Those ti intake valves? nice

You have head flow specs you are willing to share? Scott also had my vintage Dart 320 heads so I'd be curious how they compare to the AFRs. I would've liked to have gone with a newer design as well but given I had these and they were practically new I couldn't see not using them.
Old Yesterday, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC71Nova View Post
Can't wait to see what this monster does. I've heard of some great numbers out of the 509 and other 4" stroke builds over the years so i'm sure this one won't disappoint either.

Those ti intake valves? nice

You have head flow specs you are willing to share? Scott also had my vintage Dart 320 heads so I'd be curious how they compare to the AFRs. I would've liked to have gone with a newer design as well but given I had these and they were practically new I couldn't see not using them.
I can't wait to see what it does either! I have the head flow specs and "good" ports flow just over 400 cfm and the "bad" ports flow just under 400 cfm. Combined with the solid roller that Straub spec'd, it should move some air!

1966 El Camino LS408/T56
1966 Chevelle 509/???
1963 C10 454/4L80
2008 Corvette Z06 LS7/MM6

PHR CHP CHP Youtube