Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

View Poll Results: What is your most used platform for Car Discussion?
Forums 79 100.00%
Facebook 3 4.41%
Instagram 6 8.82%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-05-2017, 01:08 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Default Do you still use the Forums as much as Facebook or Instagram for your PT discussions?

We are looking for some input from the group here. I follow quite a few groups on Facebook. Many are commenting that they don't use the forums that much anymore and prefer the ease of using FB or IG.

I know some of you are hardcore PT.com guys but in general, do you see yourself shifting more and more to Social Media? Also, do you think it depends on your age? Are you not that into Social Media and feel more at home here on the forum?

Thanks for your input,
MCB
866-628-8746

TEXT ONLY: 925-989-9091 (Replied 8-4)

www.mcbparts.com

Email: [email protected]

Like us on Facebook for exclusive offers, info and chat: www.facebook.com/mcbparts

Hours: Monday to Friday 8am - 4pm Pacific
We ALWAYS enjoy talking to our customers!
We have a full time staff to answer ALL Questions, Tech Support or Order Status Tracking!
Old 10-05-2017, 03:15 PM

I've grown to despise Facebook.

Let me ask you this, would you let 300 people stop by your house every morning and take a deuce on your lawn. That's not far from what social media is. Every Tom, Dick and Harry can influence your life. Bottom line, I just don't like the influence. It's a glorified news channel and bitch fest. I know you can block people out and I have, but I don't think it's healthy for your attitude and perspective.
Old 10-24-2017, 08:06 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,076 Times in 384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas69 View Post
I've grown to despise Facebook.

Let me ask you this, would you let 300 people stop by your house every morning and take a deuce on your lawn. That's not far from what social media is. Every Tom, Dick and Harry can influence your life. Bottom line, I just don't like the influence. It's a glorified news channel and bitch fest. I know you can block people out and I have, but I don't think it's healthy for your attitude and perspective.

SPOT ON TODD!!!

I cancelled FaceyBook and Instagram accounts completely. Don't miss them one damn bit. No matter what you posted or said -- some jackass posted something negative or argumentative. If you said the sky is blue today -- someone posted that it was but only for 4 hours of the day... and therefore I was a liar and a scum and probably a Trump lover or some other nonsense.
Old 10-24-2017, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
SPOT ON TODD!!!

I cancelled FaceyBook and Instagram accounts completely. Don't miss them one damn bit.
I miss seeing your posts on FB of your house snowed in..... its such a beautiful place...its a shame not to share it with the world???
Old 10-24-2017, 01:34 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

I use FB strictly to share photos and stay in touch with family. Most of my personal posts on FB are strictly private, or only my family can view them.

I really enjoy the forums, the posts are more relevant to the topics; and I sometimes go back to old project threads to see the builds. The photobucket thing really killed it for me though.
Old 10-24-2017, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
SPOT ON TODD!!!

I cancelled FaceyBook and Instagram accounts completely. Don't miss them one damn bit. No matter what you posted or said -- some jackass posted something negative or argumentative. If you said the sky is blue today -- someone posted that it was but only for 4 hours of the day... and therefore I was a liar and a scum and probably a Trump lover or some other nonsense.
Thanks buddy.

Maybe people just irritate me. Or maybe it's their 9th post of the day about there new socks they just bought or to bitch and complain with absolutely NO chance of doing a damn thing about it. HA

I will still go on there once in a while to look up an old friend or family member to see what they have been up to. I try to stay off the news feed. They even call it the NEWS feed.
Old 10-27-2017, 09:47 PM

I use my FB account for hosting pictures and keeping in touch with a few friends. Beyond that I have no use for FB or IC. That said, I can see where a business needs to have a broad online presence and FB and IC are where the people are. But there are effective FB pages and ones that are not so effective. These days I think a business needs to have a smart mix of FB, IC and forum exposure. This online media thing can be very time consuming for any business, but I think it is a necessary evil of the times.
Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you!
"Jeremy Clarkson"
Old 10-29-2017, 02:53 AM

I dont have the Book of Faces or a Gram of Insta. I've cut down the online time drastically in the past couple of years and seems like I've got so much more time time to work on other things in life. But still check on the forums to see what the peeps are up to.
Old 10-05-2017, 03:16 PM

Personally, I don't Facebook, or IG. I come here everyday to get my fix. Most days I don't even post, just scroll through. I've developed a sense of family here, and if I don't check in, I feel like I've missed something. I'm 45 years old, if that matters to this discussion.
70 velle' on custom chassis w/custom RideTech coilovers, RED sleeved 434” with Mamo 265’s, F-body Magnum, 12 bolt 3:73, wilwood 6/4's, bla, bla, bla...build. thread https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=39631
New 434” engine build here https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...ved-block.html

Thanks Dad!!

My Chevelle is old school... It has a belt driven power steering pump.
They're 17's, but I keep em clean!
Old 10-05-2017, 04:32 PM

I'm 29. I think it depends on a lot. My job requires me to travel A LOT, so for me I'm on instagram more. I hate Facebook, really only have it to keep in touch with really old friends from time to time. When it comes down to it through, you can't top the forums. The discussions are easier to track in forum format than skipping to look at photos. I think that Instagram is huge for marketing and getting your name out, but at the end of the day i get on my laptop to really get all the information i need on the forums.

At least, that's what works for me.