Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Brakes
User Name
Password

Old 08-14-2017, 02:07 PM

Default Master Cylinder

I have a 69 Camaro that I installed a Hydraboost system on and am now installing a set of z06 calipers front and back. I have a wilwood master I was going to put on, now I'm looking at a corvette master off a 2010.
My questions for those in the know are
1- will a 2010 Corvette master bolt up? If anyone has bolt pattern and diameter of the end that sits in the booster I can measure mine.
2- can I get away from running my adjustable prop valve.

Really like the look of the Corvette master and it looks nice and short.

Thanks
Old 08-16-2017, 12:03 PM

To be specific is the newer Corvette masters regulated internally for all wheel discs or do they still run a distribution block. I'm thinking I would still need a Prop valve as my weight distribution is nothing like a Corvette.
What I would like to know is if they changed the bolt pattern for the master before I buy one and try it. Love Chevy for there interchangeability.
Old 09-25-2017, 09:16 PM
Supporting Manufacturer

HydratechBraking.com

Post Vette MC

The late model Vette MC's are still the typical GM 3.4" stud spacing, and have the usual GM late / short MC pushrod interface with the standard GM rear register sizing that fits most all vacuum boosters and hydroboost units. We actually prefer this MC instead because it still uses the old school flare style brake line connections instead of the late model (pesky) bubble flare connections that the late model Vette's have:

http://www.hydratechbraking.com/mast...DE10131723DA51

This MC gives you the "Corvette look" you are talking about, and is only 6 3/4" installed length (as compared to the Wilwood and most other typical MC's at 8 1/4" installed lengths).

Proportioning? You most definitely need to have an adjustable proportioning valve installed to dial your braking in just right. Every little factor makes your car different from anything else, meaning spring rates, shock rates, actual available traction, chassis weight shift under hard braking = most definitely need to dial it in just right.

Paul M. Clark <-- the Ukrainian - Slava Ukraini !
Founder / Master Engineer
Hydratech Braking Systems ®
www.hydratechbraking.com

Last edited by Hydratech®; 09-25-2017 at 09:19 PM.
Old 09-27-2017, 08:23 AM

69 Pilot,
For what it is worth, I have a 68 Camaro with hydraboost and after MUCH research and failed experiments, I finally got my brakes working properly.
Here's what it took:
Buy the master cylinder shown above by Hydratech. Period. You will not be disappointed.
Proportioning valve is a MUST. Truth is.., I autocrossed at GoodGuys in Texas this last March and plowed through the course because my car is new and I had not adjusted bias into my brakes.., so, once again, I had to learn the hard way that a proportioning valve is essential and you need to tune it Before you get out on the highway.

I am interested in seeing pics of your car.
Where can I go to see a current shot of your engine bay?