Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 08-30-2007, 06:21 AM

Default how much for a 1969 camaro build?

Well guys here is the question. I have been on this site for awhile now and have been looking at some very nice cars. I can do alot of my own work on cars and have questions about price. I either will buy a new z06 or biuld a 69 camaro.
My goal is to have a 69 camaro pro touring type vehicle. I already have the body I bought for 7k and will buy a big block with a 6spd for 10k. I know this is a broad question but what am I looking at price wise for a completion of the car. I dont want to go extravegant but would dyno mat the whole car, repaint, which my buddy does, definately suspension of some sort and a nice interior, meaning seats and a dash. I hope this is not a dumb question, but I dont really know where to start when it comes to an old school project. If the cost is crazy, I will probly just buy a 2006 z06 for around 60k. Any help would be appreciated and thank you for listening to my thoughts.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:39 AM

60-80k
Old 08-30-2007, 06:42 AM

well if I am looking at 60-80 ill probly just buy the z06, it sucks but well see what others have to say. thanks for the response
Old 08-30-2007, 06:55 AM

Default cost to build?

Hey guy, I have a 69 ive been working on for about 4 years.I bought mine for 6 k off e bay.no motor no trans.I bought a ls1 6 spd out of a trans am for 5 k low milage drop out.I got my wayne due c 4 fronnt end for around 4k from a member on this site as his car took a new direction.mini tub kit with new 9 inch tru trac rear.still interior needs finished but i have seats and steering column.I bought my wheels and tires from boze and tire rack.I did all the metal replacement myself.working at the body shop on my day off.kind of a sweat equity deal.I would guess by the time I get the car on the reoad ill have a little over 30k in mine.can be done for more or lees depending on how tricked out you want the car to be.also stay focused on the original plan.easy to see the latest and greatest part come out and want it.good luck
Old 08-30-2007, 07:04 AM

First, welcome to lateral-g. Like you mentioned, the question is very broad, I will give you my perspective.

Building a pro-touring car is not something you toss around like choosing between hash browns or home fries with your Sunday breakfast. It's a hobby plain and simple. You have to have a stomach for late nights, bloody hands and a very patient spouse willing to put off buying that vacation house.
Most if not all of the guys here are gear heads plain and simple. They live eat and breath building the ultimate car.

You said that you didn't want to get extravagant with your build yet you want to buy the baddest production vehicle GM ever made? That doesn't make sense. Also, If you think your buying a new Z06 for $60k your dreaming. My brother just bought one for a little under $90k out the door. $60k will get you a low miles rental or used lease car.

Since you already have the body I suggest you sit down and seriously think about the amount time to build the car or the amount of money it will cost you for someone else to build it for you.
It sounds like you have the itch for a trick muscle car, find a builder on this site and give them a call. They will help put this into some perspective.

Good luck with your decision.

Rich
Old 08-30-2007, 07:26 AM

could be done for 40-50 but you will have to do it all yourself and not get to crazy on parts or interior
Old 08-30-2007, 07:26 AM

Check out Jake's work here:

https://lateral-g.net/forums/show...&referrerid=74

Top notch builder.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:33 AM

Ditto, $60 - $80 for a nice one if you do most of the work yourself. Keep in mind what both cars will be worth in a few years. We all know the new car will depreciate (although i love the new vettes!!). Good luck either way.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beegs
Check out Jake's work here:

https://lateral-g.net/forums/show...&referrerid=74

Top notch builder.
there ya go.

If Jake could build you a car for $80k I would give him a call.
Atleast you wouldn't pull up to light and see an exact copy of your $80k corvette.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich-allen
there ya go.

If Jake could build you a car for $80k I would give him a call.
Atleast you wouldn't pull up to light and see an exact copy of your $80k corvette.

I dont think 80k inc labor........it could be done for that with labor but you would have to be careful with part selection.