Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 04-10-2018, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Che70velle View Post
I co-own an electrical contracting company along with my brother. We specialize in high-end residential homes. The crazier, the better for me. Today’s ever changing tech is utterly amazing.
I grew up with not very much, so I have a natural drive to bust my tail for what I want/need. I got my first job at 14, bagging groceries at a grocery store, where I walked to work most days, almost 5 miles one way. My dad would pick me up after we closed. I wanted an ATV, and I had to work to get it. What a concept!!! I tell my dad a lot how thankful I am, that he didn’t give me the world on a silver platter.
I do well for myself, these days, and am able to provide for my family, and play with plenty of toys. My 14 year old sons travel baseball keeps us plenty busy lately!
Love it Scott!
2004 NASA AIX Mustang LS2 #14
1964 Lincoln Continental
2014 4 tap Keezer
The Following User Says Thank You to Flash68 For This Useful Post:
Che70velle (04-11-2018)
Old 04-10-2018, 11:25 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 2,205 Times in 1,343 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWAXU View Post
Is that the thread that started "Investing 102"?
Wow, I had forgotten that!

You have a very good ‘rememory’.

Skip
Old 04-11-2018, 05:43 AM

I am an Electrician. I have worked on mostly large scale commercial and industrial projects in Idaho and Nevada with a stint overseas as well. It has paid for my home expenses and girls going to college for the most part with my overtime going into a general slush fund for fun.

After my divorce last year and my youngest daughter moving out I rented out 2 of the bedrooms in my 4 bedroom home and use that money to pay for Hot rodding while my electrical income pays everything else.

I will never have a 100K pro-touring car but my 64 El Camino has been slowly coming along with the latest project being a warmed over LS1 build and T56 install.
Old 04-11-2018, 12:07 PM

Ever been to the coast and seen huge dredgers replenishing the beach? That's what I do for a large Belgium Dredging company, I'm currently building the worlds largest container terminal in Singapore.

It's far from glamorous, I'm a 2nd officer on a 11136 ton ship, I do 12hrs a day, 7 days a week, 6 weeks straight... however I then get 6 weeks off without as much as an email from the company which serves great towards my project!

I'm in a niche field being an Australian, working on a British passport, for a Belgian company, in Singapore, living in the US.
Old 04-11-2018, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimjim View Post
Ever been to the coast and seen huge dredgers replenishing the beach? That's what I do for a large Belgium Dredging company, I'm currently building the worlds largest container terminal in Singapore.

It's far from glamorous, I'm a 2nd officer on a 11136 ton ship, I do 12hrs a day, 7 days a week, 6 weeks straight... however I then get 6 weeks off without as much as an email from the company which serves great towards my project!

I'm in a niche field being an Australian, working on a British passport, for a Belgian company, in Singapore, living in the US.
Where can I find pictures of that, i'd like to see it in action? sounds interesting

My 68 Torino
Old 04-11-2018, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarhead View Post
Where can I find pictures of that, i'd like to see it in action? sounds interesting
That does sound interesting indeed!
70 velle' on custom chassis w/custom RideTech coilovers, RED sleeved 434” with Mamo 265’s, F-body Magnum, 12 bolt 3:73, wilwood 6/4's, bla, bla, bla...build. thread https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=39631
New 434” engine build here https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...ved-block.html

Thanks Dad!!

My Chevelle is old school... It has a belt driven power steering pump.
They're 17's, but I keep em clean!
Old 04-12-2018, 10:03 AM

The ship I navigate is the TSHD Brabo.

But if you're interested in the project it's called the Tuas terminal project of Singapore.

It's very interesting how we're making it, very different from typical dredging procedures due to Singapores lack of remaining sand in the waters. either way, keeps me busy, I get lots of time onboard to order neat car parts then plenty of free time to instal them.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slimjim For This Useful Post:
Che70velle (04-15-2018), jarhead (04-12-2018)
Old 04-13-2018, 09:25 AM

I'm an application engineer. I work for a company that sells and supports CAD & CAM Software. My job consists of training engineers on how to use the software and showing them best practice. I also provide tech support, software implementations, and pre sales demos.

It's a great gig and it's awesome getting exposed to a wide variety of industries. it can be demanding at times but the pay is good I enjoy what I do.
Old 04-20-2018, 01:02 AM

I worked in Production Maintenance, for PPG Industries glass division. (now Vitro) Retired a couple years ago, after 42yrs service. My wife retired,last year. Between our firearms, our custom Harley, my 70 Elco, and traveling, I don't quite have the disposable income I used to have so building stuff takes a lot longer, these days. Being an older guy, I don't have to have the "latest & greatest" anymore, either, to be happy. Great to see the younger guys going nuts on their rides, though.

I also owned a sideline business, H&H Custom, for 27yrs, from 1979 to 2006. We built hotrods (musclecars & streetrods), custom bikes of all kinds, and even some aircraft.

Last edited by USAZR1; 04-20-2018 at 05:02 PM.
Old 04-20-2018, 03:58 AM

I've spent my entire career in the collision industry in various positions. Make a good living, but nothing earth shattering.

How do I build my car and have hot rod funds? I do side work. Made a deal with my wife over 20 years ago, she gets my regular pay check to pay bills etc. The side job money is mine. This allows me to buy parts at will without having to ask permission. But, that's also why it took 8 years to build my car. Do a side job, but parts, do another side job, buy more parts.......

It works for us perfectly.

1955 Chevy BelAir
1951 Chevy 3100
1987 Chevy R10

Glenn