Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Vendor Specific Technical Discussions and Support > Roadster Shop Chassis and Components
User Name
Password

Old 02-06-2011, 10:25 PM
Supporting Vendor

RoadsterShop.com

Default Roadster Shop Projects

I've been wanting to do this for some time, and I finally had the time to gather up a few pictures of other non pro-touring stuff we have been working on. So, here is a wrap up of what we have been up to for the past month.

57 Chevy Convertible on a Roadster Shop Fast Track chassis. This one is sort of a blend of performance and original restoration. It has our performance chassis, 510 HP LS3 from Turn Key Engines, TKO 5-speed, 14" Wilwoods, 19's and 20x12's out back. But it will retain all stock trim and have the appearance of a stock car. We changed the LS injection over to a carb style intake manifold with a throttle body on top. It will have a stock themed 57 air cleaner on top of that to keep it looking some what original under the hood. It is in paint right now and will be assembled shortly.

Disassembled for paint

Frame in paint

Engine in paint
Old 02-06-2011, 10:31 PM
Supporting Vendor

RoadsterShop.com

This one I will have to actually start a build thread as soon as I can organize all of the pictures. quick details... 67 Chevelle on a Roadster Shop Chevelle Chassis. Aluminum 572 with a Bowler 4L85. 18x10 and 20x12 Forgelines (mock up wheels on it right now) A lot of unique metal work has been done to the car.c Should be pretty cool once completed. We are hoping to have it out to upholstery by the end of March.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:36 PM
Supporting Vendor

RoadsterShop.com

We also have gotten into some of the higher end new car tuner stuff which is pretty cool. We completed a few BMW's that were delivered in December and January.

2009 M3 - Full carbon fiber wide body kit, and painted the car matte green. (Not our choice, but it actually turned out pretty sick when it was completed.)

2008 M6 - Carbon hood, lower splitter, and rear spoiler. 2-toned the top of the car black.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:48 PM
Supporting Vendor

RoadsterShop.com

We have a few early 30's hot rod projects going as well. unfortunately, 2 of the more detailed cars we have to keep under wraps at the owner's requests.

Here is a Speed 33 with some custom metal work.

Old 02-06-2011, 11:17 PM

Nice work! The matte green beemer is awesome!
Old 02-07-2011, 12:17 AM

Yea, the matte green looks pretty cool. I also love the large diameter wire wheels on the roadster! I like when people take chances and think outside the box.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS-Perf View Post
We also have gotten into some of the higher end new car tuner stuff which is pretty cool. We completed a few BMW's that were delivered in December and January.

2009 M3 - Full carbon fiber wide body kit, and painted the car matte green. (Not our choice, but it actually turned out pretty sick when it was completed.)

2008 M6 - Carbon hood, lower splitter, and rear spoiler. 2-toned the top of the car black.

What color green is on the BMW? Never mind stupid question.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:47 PM
Supporting Vendor

RoadsterShop.com

Garick - we haven't touched the Chevelle in quite some time. Have had too much going on with customer cars to touch our own build.

OrangeVert - We custom mixed that green to get what the owner was looking for. We started with a GM production color and then kept tinting it and spraying different levels of matte clear to get the desired color. That is one color that I never thought anyone would be asking for the paint code on! Unless that was a sarcastic question on your part.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:20 PM

[QUOTE=RS-Perf;360481]Garick - we haven't touched the Chevelle in quite some time. Have had too much going on with customer cars to touch our own build.

I didn't realize that was your car. Well hell, there is no sense in letting those nice custom bumpers go to waste. I know of a car they would look sweet on....MINE!! Anyways congrats on another SMOTY, it was well deserved.
Old 07-23-2011, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS-Perf View Post
This one I will have to actually start a build thread as soon as I can organize all of the pictures. quick details... 67 Chevelle on a Roadster Shop Chevelle Chassis. Aluminum 572 with a Bowler 4L85. 18x10 and 20x12 Forgelines (mock up wheels on it right now) A lot of unique metal work has been done to the car.c Should be pretty cool once completed. We are hoping to have it out to upholstery by the end of March.