Thanked 2,204 Times in 1,342 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8TV View Post
Morning laugh from Charley:

"At 3500 rpm my engine makes 966 ft pounds of torque."

Charlie ‘nailed’ it.

Skip
Old 03-17-2018, 02:38 PM

Now guys... obviously there are those on there that don't appreciate that people want the ride to move on while keeping the classic styling and if you read that thread you can pretty plainly see who has a general problem with that. The whole LS motor and oil pressure thing is something I've heard before just from putting a gerotor style oil pump from an L67 Series II 3800 on my classic 4.1L V6 from other Buick engine boards...

However the banter I'm seeing here isn't much better however. Some people don't want to advance the cars handling, part of the charm is the way it worked then and still does now. Don't feed the trolls and enjoy the folks that do like the build, or at least can appreciate it even if some of the choices are questionable to them (I don't particularly care for non-Buick engines and despite the power of the LS9, I'm bored of LS swaps in stuff from when there was a brand identity to engines). Lets not make this the billet vs. the rat rod antagonistic relationship and please keep the updates going on both sides (or I'll keep pushing stuff over).
The Following User Says Thank You to CTX-SLPR For This Useful Post:
syborg tt (04-13-2018)
Old 03-17-2018, 07:24 PM

(I don't particularly care for non-Buick engines and despite the power of the LS9, I'm bored of LS swaps in stuff from when there was a brand identity to engines). Lets not make this the billet vs. the rat rod antagonistic relationship and please keep the updates going on both sides (or I'll keep pushing stuff over).

3 posts in and this? This site is about upgraded suspensions, brakes, and LS (and other modern motor) swaps.
jarhead (03-17-2018)
Old 03-17-2018, 08:24 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,443 Times in 625 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTX-SLPR
(I don't particularly care for non-Buick engines and despite the power of the LS9, I'm bored of LS swaps in stuff from when there was a brand identity to engines). Lets not make this the billet vs. the rat rod antagonistic relationship and please keep the updates going on both sides (or I'll keep pushing stuff over).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummgawa View Post
3 posts in and this? This site is about upgraded suspensions, brakes, and LS (and other modern motor) swaps.
I agree Jim, we are all about modded cars on Lateral-G, not stock ones. Charley has both numbers matching and highly modified cars, and everything in-between. He actually has more stock numbers matching cars than he does pro-touring and modded cars. But this site was started for those who love the looks of the older muscle cars, but wanted the improvements that modern technology offers. In my opinion, the modded cars (done right) are FAR more fun to drive.I can appreciate the stock stuff too, but that's not where my passion lies.

PAST CAR PROJECTS

Like Lateral-G on Facebook!

Follow Lateral-G on Instagram!

SPECIAL THANKS TO:
Jacob Ehlers and Amsoil for the lubricants and degreasers for my 70 Chevelle project
Shannon at Modo Innovations for the cool billet DBW bracket
Roadster Shop for their Chevelle SPEC Chassis
Dakota Digital for their Chevelle HDX Gauge Package
Painless Performance for their wiring harness

Ron Davis Radiators for their radiator and fan assembly.
Baer Brakes for their front and rear brakes

Texas Speed and Performance for their 427 LS Stroker
American Powertrain for their ProFit Magnum T56 kit
Currie Enterprises for their 9" Third Member
Forgeline for their GF3 Wheels
McLeod Racing for their RXT street twin clutch
Ididit for their steering column
Holley for their EFI and engine parts
Lokar and Clayton Machine for their pedals and door and window handles
Morris Classic Concepts for their 3 point belts and side mirrors
Thermotec for their heat sleeve and sound deadening products
Restomod Air for their Tru Mod A/C kit
Mightymouse Solutions for their catch can
Magnaflow for their 3" exhaust system
Aeromotive for their dual Phantom fuel system
Vintage Air for their new Mid Mount LS front drive
Hydratech Braking for their hydroboost system
Borgeson for their stainless steering shaft and u joints
Eddie Motorsports for their hood and trunk hinges and misc parts
TMI Products for their seats, door panels, and dash pad
Rock Valley Antique Auto Parts for their stainless fuel tank
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to camcojb For This Useful Post:
Che70velle (03-18-2018), syborg tt (04-13-2018), thedugan (03-18-2018)
Old 03-17-2018, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Good Sir, I'll say what I please 3 posts in or 300, as I mentioned I came over here because I was interested in this build as it parrellels my own less radical one and I'm not going try and hold my opinion because of a low post count no more than I would expect a more seasoned member would be expected to do so. I'm hardly some semi-anonymous new person and have used this user name on many boards including Bangshift.com and Pro-Touring.com beyond the ROA board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camcojb View Post
I agree Jim, we are all about modded cars on Lateral-G, not stock ones. Charley has both numbers matching and highly modified cars, and everything in-between. He actually has more stock numbers matching cars than he does pro-touring and modded cars. But this site was started for those who love the looks of the older muscle cars, but wanted the improvements that modern technology offers. In my opinion, the modded cars (done right) are FAR more fun to drive.I can appreciate the stock stuff too, but that's not where my passion lies.
I think y'all are missing the point. You probably should go read what I actually have said on the ROA board and take what I wrote here in context. My point is that making fun of the way that guys that have a different direction on their building of a car and expecting them not to do the same is rather near sighted. Let those that want to enjoy congratulating the guy who found the last set of NOS battery terminal clamps do their thing. Ignore the trolls, that get on my nerves too by the way, and lets keep it respectful where we can. Other than the obviously bizarre LS oil pressure thing, I think Charley has been rather well received by the general populace over there who aren't the usual trolls who show up on my threads too or make snide references to me in others threads.

On to something a bit more personal in terms of why I'm here and what I think about Charley's build.
I have made no gross complaints about his choice on engine, I wouldn't have made it and I stand by what I said about my tastes and desires. It doesn't take an LS to make power though it's probably the most cost effective way currently going. I am about integrating modern technology and upgrading suspensions and am doing so on my numbers matching '64 Riviera. I wouldn't call a 256cid Buick Turbo6 with an L67 EFI system driving a 4L80E being all that obsessed with keeping things stock or classic. You can imagine how much flack I got/get for having a V6 in virtually all circles. I don't have Charley's resources so having been building this slowly over 14yrs which means that my once reasonably modern engine is now fading into a bit more obsolescence. Charley's is actually going to look more stock than mine most likely with the hood closed and I don't mind that at all. I've not the time (full time job, volunteer work, a family, and a car that I'm building) to have made a big post on my project so I'll link my Bangshift.com build on it and come back here sometime later with a local build page that cuts quite a bit of the evolutionary nature of the build thread out: Project Franken-Riviera -1964 Buick Riviera-
The Following User Says Thank You to CTX-SLPR For This Useful Post:
syborg tt (04-13-2018)
Old 03-17-2018, 11:52 PM

Well, good sir, 3 posts in or 300 posts in, and you come across as an arrogant condescending douchebag. We seem to have more respect for each other here than you dudes over on your site.

No explanation needed.
Che70velle (03-18-2018)
Old 03-18-2018, 08:17 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by camcojb View Post

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kwhizz For This Useful Post:
Che70velle (03-18-2018), Ummgawa (03-18-2018)
Old 03-18-2018, 08:21 AM

Well.................this got off track. Any new pics Charley?
The Following User Says Thank You to NAPA 68 For This Useful Post:
dhutton (03-18-2018)
Old 03-18-2018, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Well, good sir, 3 posts in or 300 posts in, and you come across as an arrogant condescending douchebag. We seem to have more respect for each other here than you dudes over on your site.

No explanation needed.
Please don't lump me in with another forum as a gross whole; I am an individual, not a forum or even a moderator of one. Also please do your research as to what I've said as an individual. With that I am done with any direct interaction on the subject. Good luck with trying to recover your father's 63 Riviera from the junkyard and that is not a condescending swipe, I genuinely mean it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAPA 68 View Post
Well.................this got off track. Any new pics Charley?
I heartily agree...

With the original seats sitting up on a hump in the floor that was unequal inside to out, are you going build riser mounts to get them to sit at the same height as original? Are you going to customize the foam under the covers to give a bit more lateral support? I find the stock seats a bit flat and slidey even with the original suspension.
Old 03-18-2018, 10:14 AM
Lateral-g Moderator

CTX,

Commenting about mine, I, my preferences, etc. is not cool in another dudes build thread. That's for your thread. Tons of great guys and gals here, tons of knowledge, which they are always willing to help if you need it. Humility and respect is always the way.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stuart Adams For This Useful Post:
BMR Sales (03-26-2018), Che70velle (03-18-2018), DOOM (03-23-2018), Ummgawa (03-18-2018)