Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Events > Lateral-G's "Members on the Scene"
User Name
Password

Old 08-10-2015, 09:45 AM

Default North Texas Camaro Club "Sahara 200"

A few pictures of me running in an event I helped organize for the North Texas Camaro Club. All makes and models were welcome but the entrees were limited so we could run a lot of laps- some got 20 laps in. IT WAS HOT! I think this was the hottest day of the year. We got a lot of first time drivers in this event and I think they left with a good impression of autocrossing. I had a great time and I was happy with how the TA ran in the heat!

'78 Trans Am - Y88-R LS3/T56,
Holley EFI, UMI Performance
Old 08-10-2015, 10:15 AM

Really wish I could have made it up there, other than the heat of course. Wasn't exactly cool in Austin this weekend at 105*.
Old 08-10-2015, 03:38 PM

It was a lot of fun Greg. I especially enjoyed the undulating course. This was my first time to LoneStar Park. I though it was great. I didnt count but I think I was in the running for most DNF's due to being off course. I just couldnt get the car to stick in some of those spots. Once I slid off, that run was done. Had to take a short cut into the pits to let the tires cool back down. I ended up with 13 runs myself and honestly that was more than enough in that heat. Congrats on your times. You're really getting that Trans-Am to work for you. Seth said you upgraded shocks recently. Get some sticky tires and you just might be giving Dustin a run for it.

Its not a Vega!!!!

Total Cost Involved - Total Control Products - Gateway Performance - Fatman - MaverickMan Carbon
Old 08-11-2015, 08:27 AM

I believe I saw your GT at an SCCA event on July 12th running at Texas Motor Speedway. My 69 isn't completed yet, or I would have joined you guys, I live about 15 miles from TMS. ill try and log on here more often to catch when the track days are going on.
Old 08-11-2015, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberGT View Post
It was a lot of fun Greg. I especially enjoyed the undulating course. This was my first time to LoneStar Park. I though it was great. I didnt count but I think I was in the running for most DNF's due to being off course. I just couldnt get the car to stick in some of those spots. Once I slid off, that run was done. Had to take a short cut into the pits to let the tires cool back down. I ended up with 13 runs myself and honestly that was more than enough in that heat. Congrats on your times. You're really getting that Trans-Am to work for you. Seth said you upgraded shocks recently. Get some sticky tires and you just might be giving Dustin a run for it.
Glad you had fun! Even 13 runs is a lot of run to make on any day, then throw in 100+ temps and it's a beat down. I'm as dedicated as anyone about driving as much as possible but, after 8 laps in the morning with sweat running down my chin I had to stop and cool down in the 105 temps. The inside of my car gets very hot!

I'm pleased with how the TA is running and am having a great time learning about all this suspension stuff but, I think I'm a long way from giving Dustin a challenge. I plan to have a spectacular time trying to challenge him though!!!

August 22 the BMW club is running an event for $40 and we get 10 runs - 5 in the am and 5 in the pm, Tech starts at 8 and drivers meeting at 9:15. They usually have around 40 cars and only 10 runs so they usually end around 3-3:30. I plan on going, meet me there and lets see how we can improve our times with what we have! Don't tell Dustin, we need more practice than him!

'78 Trans Am - Y88-R LS3/T56,
Holley EFI, UMI Performance
Old 08-11-2015, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2keaton11 View Post
I believe I saw your GT at an SCCA event on July 12th running at Texas Motor Speedway. My 69 isn't completed yet, or I would have joined you guys, I live about 15 miles from TMS. ill try and log on here more often to catch when the track days are going on.
Cool. The more classic muscle we have there the better. Also, be sure to check out the North Texas Camaro Club. They are a fairly decent bunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gscherer78ta View Post
Glad you had fun! Even 13 runs is a lot of run to make on any day, then throw in 100+ temps and it's a beat down. I'm as dedicated as anyone about driving as much as possible but, after 8 laps in the morning with sweat running down my chin I had to stop and cool down in the 105 temps. The inside of my car gets very hot!

I'm pleased with how the TA is running and am having a great time learning about all this suspension stuff but, I think I'm a long way from giving Dustin a challenge. I plan to have a spectacular time trying to challenge him though!!!

August 22 the BMW club is running an event for $40 and we get 10 runs - 5 in the am and 5 in the pm, Tech starts at 8 and drivers meeting at 9:15. They usually have around 40 cars and only 10 runs so they usually end around 3-3:30. I plan on going, meet me there and lets see how we can improve our times with what we have! Don't tell Dustin, we need more practice than him!
10 Runs sounds like a pretty good deal. Im may lay low for the next 4 weeks or so though. Let the heat settle down some and I need to conserve the car for Goodguys and then a Roadtrip to Biloxi for Cruisin the Coast. I might do the 9/12 event a Lonestar or Maybe the NTAX at TMS on 9/18 as a tune up for GG.

Its not a Vega!!!!

Total Cost Involved - Total Control Products - Gateway Performance - Fatman - MaverickMan Carbon
Old 08-14-2015, 12:16 PM

Just found this, what an appropriate title! Great day, but after a couple events this month I'm absolutely beat on summer autocross.

I also learned my lesson on running at 1:30 after a light breakfast in the heat, with the car getting the best of me on most of the runs.

Here's a shot I grabbed in grid between runs (while downing a Gatorade)

Shutterspeed Photo/Design
Old 08-15-2015, 11:49 PM

I'm a true beginner and I need to start driving in some of these events.
Old 08-16-2015, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver63c10 View Post

Here's a shot I grabbed in grid between runs (while downing a Gatorade)

Good picture of Chris' car.

Body & Paint:
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/...dy-2014.10252/

Engine:
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/...ictures.10230/
Old 08-17-2015, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmadden View Post
I'm a true beginner and I need to start driving in some of these events.
These are great events and are geared towards absolute rookies and those who only autocross occasionally. They are lots of fun and a prefect palce to get started. Contact the NTCC to be included in the next event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Cuda View Post
Good picture of Chris' car.
Thanks. Thats me in the photo. It must be one of the few times I was out of the car not spraying myself with my iced water tire sprayer while wearing a cool-towel on my head. LOL IT WAS HOT.

Its not a Vega!!!!