Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Interior and Electrical
User Name
Password

Old 04-03-2005, 05:39 PM

Default need some horn help

i need to assemble my horn on a 67 camaro. i have it wired correctly(i think) with a painless harness. i need some help with how the button and associated parts goes together on the wheel. tha only diagram that i can find sucks. im not even sure if i have all the correct parts. if it would be helpful i can post a pic of what i have unless someone knows of a diagram online. thanks a bunch.
Old 04-03-2005, 07:06 PM

where in NH do you live Kman? i have a ton of buddies in the car audio market who do custom installs, and i'm sure i could muster them up on a weekend or maybe a tuesday night to come check it out, shoot the ish, and meet more PTers around the area anyways, get back to me on that, or my email is [email protected], gimme a shout if you're interested!
Old 04-03-2005, 08:38 PM

thanks man, im in auburn. anyways i wont have the car back from pain until the end of the month so maybee if im still having problems ill give ya a shout.
Old 04-07-2005, 04:21 AM
Supporting Member

I know on a 69 you have the simple buttons on the wheel that are held in by little pressure clips. These push down on the horn plate in the outer trim piece that then causes the plate to ground against the column. You should have a plastic insulated pin switch with a spring that comes through the wheel mount part of the column. That goes down and twists into place. It has like a brass metal pin in the center of the plastic with a small spring around it. Without that in place the horn will not work.

The horn is part of the basic blinker wiring harness that comes up the harness to the blinker switch plate. There is nothing to wire/add between the lower and upper column, wire harness wise, other than that little plastic pin switch.

This is tough to describe, but maybe you are getting the picture????