Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Events > Goodguys Events
User Name
Password

Old 01-10-2013, 01:41 PM
Good Guys

Donnie, Sorry I meant that "You are NOW a Hot Rod".

The 10% will be something that is decided by the tech guy and the AutoCross Official. If your cars has been highly modifed from the production base car then it will be looked at. If it resembles a production car and has been chopped or the wheel base changed but not over aggressive it will be OK. Goodguys is just trying to keep people from stripping down a car and making it as small and light as possible to have an advantage over stock cars.

As far as the Fuel Cell we need to have approved fuel cell, Fuel tanks and FIA and SFI are approved. No gas cans made into gas tanks and they need to be mounted secure.

Let's just go out and have fun at the AutoCross....
Old 01-10-2013, 01:50 PM

T is not close enough to W on my keyboard to make that an acceptable typo.

Ok, so just like last year. A car runs in the appropriate class until it wins an event and then moves to Pro.

And Bryce, You're good to go.

Support your local hot rod shop!
Old 01-10-2013, 02:44 PM
Good Guys

Donny,
Yes you have to win your class to be in the PRO-Class at the next event like last year.

PRO-Class points will be totaled from all classes that you drove in for the finals shootout.

Goodguy Ed
Old 01-10-2013, 11:10 PM

Ed, can a late model car make it into the shoot out?

67 Plymouth Valiant
69 Barracuda Convertible
Old 01-11-2013, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
So does everyone vote if a body mod is over 10% or is the decision made by one person. Your example would be a 100% body mod in my opinion. Does that mean as long as the overall size of the car is within 10% of stock. Example: if the stock wheelbase was 100" then anything between 90" and 110" would be within the 10% rule or if stock width is 60" then anything between 54" and 66" would be within the 10% rule. Can you please clarify this rule?
I am interested in how the rule functions as well. Certain elements of my truck such as wheelbase and cab dimensions are roughly within 10%. My bed length is not though. That said, all major body panels are from a '47 Chevy truck and my truck is a '47 Chevy truck both in form and legal registration. I guess my first question is what dimensions matter?

There's nothing like building up an old automobile from scratch and wiping out one of these Detroit machines... That'll give you a set of emotions that will stay with you... Know what I mean? Those satisfactions are permanent...
Old 01-12-2013, 04:07 PM

This is the direction all forms of racing eventually take. So what are the interpretations of the rules regarding the No Limit Hell Boy Truck, Trent Summers Truck, Ridetech's factory 5 33. Etc etc. These just to name a few are purpose built. Do they no longer count in the auto cross standings? Not trying to be a pain Ed, but I've been racing a long time and this type of thing is what has crippled local racing all over the country. Get rid of the money and get back to the start. Fun and bragging rights! Either way good luck, I love watching and will hopefully have our truck out there sooner rather than later.

68 Chevy Pickup Project
Build Thread: https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=7505

THANKS TO: A&M Machine and Fabrication, CCTek (http://www.candctek.com), Hermance Design(www.hermancedesign.com), Paradise Road Rod & Custom, Harry Opfer Welding, Wegner Automotive Research, Clayton Machine Works
Old 01-12-2013, 08:18 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,076 Times in 384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
All entries will have all body panels of such vehicle. (Fenders, doors, hood, deck lid and bed sides on trucks) body must be within 10% of original production. (Hot rod & Truck class have exception in rules)

THIS IS A SERIOUSLY STUPID RULE AT A HOT ROD SHOW.... Where modified cars are what you're trying to attract. I mean REALLY??
Old 01-12-2013, 09:26 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,076 Times in 384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccracin View Post
This is the direction all forms of racing eventually take. So what are the interpretations of the rules regarding the No Limit Hell Boy Truck, Trent Summers Truck, Ridetech's factory 5 33. Etc etc. These just to name a few are purpose built. Do they no longer count in the auto cross standings? Not trying to be a pain Ed, but I've been racing a long time and this type of thing is what has crippled local racing all over the country. Get rid of the money and get back to the start. Fun and bragging rights! Either way good luck, I love watching and will hopefully have our truck out there sooner rather than later.

Have to agree with you there Chad.... this WAS just good clean fun. The minute you introduce "rules" (other than basic safety) and money... the fun goes away - the "skirting" begins... and then comes the grumbling and the controversy.

I certainly don't understand the body mod rule... at a car show / hot rod event... I mean that's just flat counter intuitive to me. What's next - a Ford in a Ford? Period correct motors? Now you've got that wonderful growth org NCRS...
Old 01-13-2013, 10:54 AM

Based on my exeriences with racing organizations, something that isn't blatently obvious that isn't delibertly being looked for, will likely be overlooked, until that minor difference is enough to give you a competitive advantage, then you will be held to the letter of the law.

I mean realistically, you have 3-5 inspectors looking over a few hundred cars? That means they are not breaking templates, tape measures, and factory service manuals for verification. However, if you and your car begin to walk away from the competition or consistently win, then expect things to be more closely scrutinized. At that point if your wheelbase is 15% wider and 12% shorter, then you will be called out for the violation.

If your vehicle is radically altered, then you may may have to accept the fact that you can only run in non scored catagories. Maybe then you can make a case of how your resultant times prove that your modifications provide no advantage and lobby for a rule change.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:43 PM

Actually, it self polices pretty well. When someone is fast everyone else wants to know why........when they find out Trent hears about it pretty quick.

Support your local hot rod shop!