Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 08-30-2009, 11:38 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69MSA View Post
Take note Brad, while short, this story has a good lesson. So just remember, next time I say its Amethyst Red, and you say its purple, be prepared, I could be an inch away from punching you in the face

Oh and as soon as its painted you guys at the shop need to post up pictures of it in Amethyst Red. I just can't wait to see it in Amethyst red...

Matt
LOL!!
Any updates on this bad boy?
Old 08-30-2009, 04:21 PM

its purple. end of story. not only is it sooooo purple, its also very purple, quite purple, certainly purple, really purple, positively purple, amazingly purple, super purple, and just the prettiest shade of gosh darn purple I've ever seen

bro it up bro it out,
brotourer

ps. purple

Last edited by Theresa; 10-09-2009 at 12:09 PM. Reason: fixed typos
Old 08-30-2009, 05:49 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

I actually do have a couple of pics to update you guys with, maybe later tonight when I get a chance. They're pretty boring though. The car is just about to get painted this week or maybe next week. There are a couple areas that need to be spot primed, and jams need to be sanded and painted, then come the whole car. I also snapped a pile of parts so big most of you wouldn't believe without photographic proof. So yeah, some kinda boring pics.

Matt

p.s. I just remembered I took some pics of the gauges, which are Classic Instruments, and are damn nice and classy looking.
Old 08-30-2009, 05:56 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69MSA View Post
I actually do have a couple of pics to update you guys with, maybe later tonight when I get a chance. They're pretty boring though. The car is just about to get painted this week or maybe next week. There are a couple areas that need to be spot primed, and jams need to be sanded and painted, then come the whole car. I also snapped a pile of parts so big most of you wouldn't believe without photographic proof. So yeah, some kinda boring pics.

Matt

p.s. I just remembered I took some pics of the gauges, which are Classic Instruments, and are damn nice and classy looking.
Very cool. Will be looking out for them.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:09 AM

Ok, here are the pics as promised.

There is one of just about everything on that shelf, except the parts we really need right now like a Marquez dash and seats... hope the dash comes soon so Brotourer has some time to cut out the old one so it can go out the upholsterer's on time.

Like I said earlier, the guys have been working their asses off in the paint shop. As of today it looks like the car needs to be spot primed in a couple places. Sometime this week it looks like the car will be coming back apart...again. I never thought I'd be so happy to see it get taken apart.

Lastly, here are the gauges. I had to get a clock too, to fill up the last space in the Marquez instrument cluster. Looks like the instrument cluster will need to be modified though to fit the smaller 2 1/8 inch size gauges as the holes are 2 1/16. Hopefully that won't take long

Matt
Old 08-31-2009, 07:58 AM
Administrator

Wow, Matt, you've got to be stoked. The car looks perfectly straight.

My LS7 69 Camaro
Old 08-31-2009, 08:12 AM

Thanked 1,077 Times in 385 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brotourer View Post
its purple. end of story. not only is it sooooo purple, its also very purple, quite purple, certainly purple, really purple, positively purple, amazingly purple, super purple, and just plain f**kin purple

bro it up bro it out,
brotourer

ps. purple
One of my buddies has an ORANGE 57 Chevy that's named GINGER... the color is GINGER... and it's a beautiful car - pro built... and it's his pride and joy.

However, I NEVER miss a chance to reference the cars color as ORANGE... just because I know it kills him.

EEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAA
Old 08-31-2009, 12:44 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by XcYZ View Post
Wow, Matt, you've got to be stoked. The car looks perfectly straight.
I was just thinking that while looking at the pics.
Looks good guys!
Old 08-31-2009, 04:50 PM

yeah, you guys have no idea how stoked I am to see the car at this stage. We've always had paint just around the corner. Originally we were looking at having the car at this stage in late May or June, then things like the chin spoiler, side vents etc, pushed the timeline back.

Also, it looks like we're going to be getting a nice rendering of our car done by Mike Casti, who you guys might remember as having done Steve's last rendering of Bad Penny, among other things. While talking he brought up the idea of making a mold to make some copies of the front chin spoiler, which seems like a great idea. I don't want to kill Brad's on a parking curb or driveway. Provided Brad doesn't mind having some similar plastic replicas of his masterpiece floating around, I'd love have some made, (probably not too many). If we did make some, do you guys think anyone would be interested in one.

Matt
Old 08-31-2009, 04:52 PM

Thumbs up

Very cool Matt.
Would love to see the rendering. I don't have a '69 right now, so I'd have to pass on the front chin spoiler. I'm sure others on here will be all over it.