Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 08-04-2013, 01:39 PM

Killer! Good luck at optima.

Are you going to be doing practice runs at Adams?
Old 08-04-2013, 03:26 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJW32 View Post
Killer! Good luck at optima.

Are you going to be doing practice runs at Adams?
I'm sure I'll be going out to Adams a few times. I'll probably be out there with Brett as we're both working towards dropping our times as much as possible, although I doubt we will be able to knock a full second off our times to get close to Brian's what Brian was running in his second gen. He gave us a good benchmark to keep chasing after!

I'd also like to get a little bit of time on a track like Big Willow again.

Matt
Old 08-19-2013, 10:14 AM

Hey Matt,

I heard your car ran Sunday. Give us the scoop !
Old 08-19-2013, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Sutton View Post
Hey Matt,

I heard your car ran Sunday. Give us the scoop !
Sure thing Ron!

I haven't dialed the car in at all since putting it back together. It still has a few parts combinations that I figured would need to be changed, namely with springs and bars, but I was waiting on a set of spring seat bearings for the front and didn't want to change springs out before I got those because that job is no fun at all on a DSE sub. I also wanted to drive it as-is because I wanted to get a sense for how each change effects the car's handling.

I showed up in the morning with no idea what to expect, except that I should probably have more grip than before.

What I found was that the car was pretty fast, and definitely had much less understeer than before. Mid corner speeds were greatly improved. The car was still a little bit tight, but wouldn't push terribly off line or skip the front end at all, and throttle application could easily straighten the car out without messy amounts of oversteer.

I'm still getting used to having more useable power than before, so I still wasn't driving the car at the limit. There were many times coming out of corners, or going through sweeping corners when I realized I could have been giving it much more gas, and sooner too.

The bad, as of right now is that my setup last weekend with the big tires was that transitions felt slower because turn in was less precise. The car wasn't as easy to drive through the long slalom because it didn't immediately change direction, but once it did it had all the grip in the world.

The next thing on my list of changes to make is to drop spring rate in the front. Right now there are 700lb Hypercoils in there, which I'm sure are too much. I'm going to drop down 50-100lbs and see what it does. I also have some wheels spacers to throw on the back, and then I might soften the rear bar or springs. the rear now feels like it has a lot of grip, and I want to keep as much of that as possible, so I hope dialing in the front will fix my current issues.

I'll get a few pictures of the finished car up later today because I know everyone likes pictures.

Matt
Old 08-19-2013, 12:23 PM

Matt I have those #650 or #600 for you. I want to take #600 out and put your #575 in the front.

Let me know when you want to meet up.
Old 09-03-2013, 02:58 PM

Matt,

Do you have any more track days coming up?
Old 09-03-2013, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Sutton View Post
Matt,

Do you have any more track days coming up?
Nothing dead set in the next month. I wanted to run the Fontana Roval, but my radiator is leaking, and Ron Davis wanted me to send it back so they could see what is wrong with it, and fix it. hopefully that doesn't take too long, but it probably will.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:18 PM

I just have to say, I was lucky enough to drive this thing recently. And I was able to drive the snot out of it. Matt has done a superb job of dialing this thing in and it was easy to flog around an autocross track at limits. So, good that within 3 runs I was able to match some of the fastest times of the day at the track.

Matt you have done a great job with this Camaro. It is easy to drive at limits. I just had to watch out how fast you could burn the rear tires with that 700hp on tap.

cheers and thanks again.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:09 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt.A View Post
Nothing dead set in the next month. I wanted to run the Fontana Roval, but my radiator is leaking, and Ron Davis wanted me to send it back so they could see what is wrong with it, and fix it. hopefully that doesn't take too long, but it probably will.
Matt, where is the radiator leaking? Let us know what Ron Davis says.

Mine's leaking a small amount at the bottom of the filler neck each time I drive. I'll probably drive by Ron Davis and see what they think. I only have 15,000 miles on the car but I doubt my "tail light" warranty is still in effect.

Project Alchemy
https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=29820
Old 09-04-2013, 09:20 AM

Thanked 1,267 Times in 479 Posts

Over the years I have had a couple Ron Davis radiators develop leaks and they were great about promptly fixing them.