Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 10-06-2009, 02:05 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Glad you like the dash. I spent this evening over at the trim shop and got to watch James, the owner of the shop wrap it. I always wondered how much effort, time and skill went into wrapping a dash like this. It's a lot of work. It seems simple, but it was fairly time consuming. It took a couple hours. He makes things look pretty easy. You really have to know your material, glue , how to work around edges, creases, etc.

And, we don't have a spot yet. I talked with Turnkey over the summer, but haven't since then, they seemed somewhat interested, but never made it by to look at the car. We also discussed it a bit a while back at Best of Show. Dick wanted to go about contacting companies and such, but wanted to wait and send pictures when the front end was fitted, which hasn't happened because the interior has been more work than expected. Dick has also been dealing with a bit of a family crisis. So yeah, things have been chaotic. I can't say we are in a crunch the same way some of our other members here are, but not having a spot yet is a little disconcerting. The clock is really ticking and we don't want to be working countless hours only to find out the car isn't going.

Matt
Old 10-06-2009, 07:17 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thumbs up

Matt, the dash looks good. I bet it is a lot of work covering the dash. Looks easy enough, but like you said about the creases and such.
Hope you find a sponsor for the SEMA show!!
Old 10-06-2009, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Nothing billet? Then, what are you going to make my gated shifter out of after I win the brotouring contest?
if you are in fact the winner(which i doubt, cuz no one will be having more fun in their "bro*touring" shirt at sema than i will) ill just have to cast it, smooth it and then polish it now wont i matty mattstien
Old 10-06-2009, 09:12 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Just remember how much fun you have in your brotouring shirt might be directly proportional to the amount of drinks your customers buy you

Oh and if our car doesn't find a sponsor this year, do you think it might be able to get a spot in the brotouring booth next year?
Old 10-06-2009, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brotourer View Post
any kind you'd like
I was thinking a nice clock for the shop...perhaps with a 400 grade sand paper back ground? Or a Bro Touring sticker...not sure?
Old 10-07-2009, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Just remember how much fun you have in your brotouring shirt might be directly proportional to the amount of drinks your customers buy you

Oh and if our car doesn't find a sponsor this year, do you think it might be able to get a spot in the brotouring booth next year?
matty, you bring up a good point, and i truely hope you have been saving your money for buying me "adult" beverages during our stay in vegas. as for next year, i think we could work something out... he brotouring life style is sure to be in full swing by then

and as for you anthony, i will for sure be throwing in a brotouring sticker or two when i send out your shirt...but as for the prizes to be won, i will be deciding what gets made for the winner, but you can be sure itll make you really, really excited...like that

xoxoxo,
Brotourer

Last edited by Theresa; 10-09-2009 at 11:55 AM. Reason: fixed typos
Old 10-07-2009, 11:04 PM

LMFAO!!!!!!
Old 10-07-2009, 11:35 PM

Hey, how do I get in on this? Tony get's all the fun
Old 10-08-2009, 12:08 AM

Hey brotourer you crack me up with your posts. Everytime I read them I vision Spicoli standing in front of me talking. How do I get in on the shirt deal?

Last edited by CRCRFT78; 10-08-2009 at 12:10 AM.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:30 AM

thanks for the compliments guys, im glad to see more people getting into the spirit of things, the main reason we are into cars is to have fun...remember

sooooooo if you want a shirt you have to PM me with the size, im only going to bust out like 10 max, you know limited edition collector item style. and i will have them done next weekend so i can ship them to everyone before sema. so if you want one, get to it!

you dont get to pick what color of shirt or color of print, i can assure you they will not match or be cool in any way, but thats kinda the point you know. more than likely i will include a hand written note of some sort... a few brotouring decals for your gmaching or washingmaching or whatever.

have a super day,
brotourer