Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Classifieds > Parts for Sale
User Name
Password

Old 04-17-2018, 12:44 AM

Default Default Lee’s 12:1 gear box / Sweet mfg 12:1 gear box / Chevrolet gear box fast ratio

Item Location (City/State): Los Angeles, CA.

Price:250-400

Description:

Hello and thanks for looking. I’m still learning about steering and the ratios and all this stuff. I didn’t know there was different ratios to begin with. I have a 1969 Z/28 and it appears to have an amazingly fast ratio gear box at 2-1/4 turn lock to lock and I love it!! Anyways before I knew anything about ratios I bought and collected 12:1 ratio gear boxes not knowing anything at all about them at all. Now that I’ve driven a few different ratios I know I like the 2-1/4 turn lock to lock boxes which seem to be the hardest to find but I have 2 and no more need for these boxes.

1- SWEET MFG - from what I’ve read about the mounting holes it’s for a Ford “ Y “ mount. It has the “ SWEET MFG “ stamped on its side. 12:1 on the top cover with the center lock nut. It’s 3 turns lock to lock. Looks to have a nice coating on the outer case anti-corrosive type of coating. Doesn’t appear to be leaking at all. Input shaft is 13/16” 36 spline. ( I could be off on the spline count hard to tell exactly since it does have the flat spot cut removing some of the splines).

2- LEE MFG - this has “ LEE MFG “ stamped to it also like the one I’m running in my camaro and I love it, hence why I bought it. Also stamped on the top cover 12:1 with the lock nut. It’s also a 3 turn lock to lock gear box. It has a goldish coating to it. Like an anti-corrosive protectant. Also doesn’t appear to be leaking or anything like that. This box has a 3/4” 30 spline input. ( I could be off on the spline count hard to tell exactly since it does have the flat spot cut removing some of the splines).

3- a good rebuilt box that I tried on my car but preferred the 2-1/4 lock to lock box better. So I had my original box rebuilt locally and used on my car. This box is a 2-3/4 lock to lock box so it’s pretty good I’d say if u want a quick ratio box. I have no clue what ratio people would call this box. Since 12:1 boxes seem to be about 3 turns lock to lock and this box is a 1/4 turn less at 2-3/4 turns. This box is 13/16” 36 spline input shaft. I will say it fast just not 2-1/4 turn lock to lock fast. ( I could be off on the spline count hard to tell exactly since it does have the flat spot cut removing some of the splines).

400 each either the Sweet box or the Lee box.
250 for the other box.
Make an offer if you’d like I don’t need these anymore. Prices are all shipped thru USPS FLAT RATE SHIPPING. NO OTHER FEES AT ALL. NO PAYPAL % crap like that. Feel free to call me or text me directly if you’d like I can send u pics thru text no problem. Message me your number ans what you want pics of and I’ll send u pics ASAP. I’ll try to post pics on here also.