Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Events > Track and Driving Events
User Name
Password

Old 02-04-2014, 03:40 PM

Yeah, I noticed that also Sieg. Thats going to be one hell of a track to learn judging by the lengths of the straights with the addition of the many slight meandering turns. With the right car and enough down force that will make for some really cool looking vid's
Old 02-04-2014, 04:35 PM

That one straight might leave enough time for a guy in a stock Miata to make a grilled cheese sandwich and eat it before getting on the brakes.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:15 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,076 Times in 384 Posts

I see plenty of opportunity to spin like a top....

The new track looks like it would be far more favorable to my Lotus -- which is down on torque -- but has very high braking performance...

The Mustang is going to run out of gear on that straight.... that's okay - it's like a fuse -- keeps me from overdriving the poor little brakes. Charley will be even more aware of that with his rear drums.

I might have to go with some larger binders and wheels on the Mustang.

First NorCal Shelby event is going to be full track... and I'm certain I can overheat the brakes in a couple laps.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:27 PM

Please, PLEASE, PLEASE do not use the full course for the 25hr.

Two tracks = double the amount of available track rental days. Hopefully that results in a drop in fees.

Last edited by Damn True; 02-05-2014 at 06:53 PM.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn True View Post
Please, PLEASE, PLEASE do not use the full course for the 25hr.

Two tracks = double the amount of available track rental days. Hopefully that results in a drop in fees.

The NORMAL plan as was explained to us during a track owners presentation is to run TWO separate events at the same time... We were told it would be very special to run the full track -- and that NorCal Shelby would be one of the groups allowed to do that because they were initial investors in the track before it (the original) ever built.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:48 PM

My mouth is watering. I've never been "on" a track before, and i told my self, "no track daze in the Camaro till i've got at least six points and a suit and a helmet".....but i'm looking forward to the day....

And this will most likely be the first track to run for me....
Old 02-05-2014, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassman View Post
My mouth is watering. I've never been "on" a track before, and i told my self, "no track daze in the Camaro till i've got at least six points and a suit and a helmet".....but i'm looking forward to the day....

And this will most likely be the first track to run for me....

Mike -- this is a great track for beginning. There's not much to hit -- the dirt is pretty rock free as dirt goes. Unlike say - an off track at Spring Mountain.

Guys can mess up 14/15 and loop it right there into the K wall... but I've spun in turns 3 - 9 - went off track at 5A.... without any damage to the car. Only the pride gets busted.

Personally - I think it's a "fast" track without being very technical. You can carry some pretty good speeds and there's only a couple areas where you really have to watch your entry... the off camber in 3 can bite ya if you lift... 5 and 5A are throw aways (you just can't make any time in them).... 1 can come up pretty fast and you're carrying some good speed thru it. The Lotus tries to oversteer there on the street tires it had. That's a little uncomfortable but catchable.

Oh -- and then there's the fine dinning!! Casa Ramos... serves up big tables full of BS when the boys are gathered round... HAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 02-05-2014, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
The NORMAL plan as was explained to us during a track owners presentation is to run TWO separate events at the same time... We were told it would be very special to run the full track -- and that NorCal Shelby would be one of the groups allowed to do that because they were initial investors in the track before it (the original) ever built.
Good. I want no part of that full track for the 25hr. I'm sure the drivers would love it.....until they are sitting closer to Ukiah than their pit waiting for a tow.

Plus it'd require at least 2x the number of safety crew and flaggers.

+11ty on Casa Ramos.

The new hotel is nice. I'm guessing there'll be at least one more that'll be nicely renovated once business picks up at the track.
Old 02-06-2014, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn True View Post
I'd almost bet that fees will be going up
Old 02-06-2014, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
First NorCal Shelby event is going to be full track... and I'm certain I can overheat the brakes in a couple laps.
I'm more worried about running out of gas than I am brakes. Honestly dont think we are going to need to worry unless they extend the run time which I doubt they will do.