Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Wheels and Tires
User Name
Password

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 10:30 AM

Wow Ron. You got me there. Your a better detective that I. Lol. Well, we will see what happens. I dropped a couple threads at the SVT forum as well to see what they think.

With the peak of hot and humid weather upon me here in Arkansas, looks like this may be a slow going build. Lol. I didn't want to start a build thread until I got all of my parts. Afraid I'd put a curse on my project. I do finally have the entire True Turn system in hand with a set of TQ shocks ready for install. Also have had the Z06 stoppers in hand from Tobin for a while now. 14's front, 13.6's rear. Just waiting on wheels. Once they are here I'll order a Moser floater.

Thanks,
David

Last edited by Stovebolter; 06-19-2013 at 10:34 AM.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:31 PM

Ive waited 6-7 weeks for a set of Boyds and they werent forged wheels. If your paying 3600 for that size of wheel I think that a pretty good price. Most companies charge about 1000 a rim for that size. I say if its been more than 6-7 weeks id check up on them every week to keep them honest.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:00 PM

They are definitely big with the SVT guys. Seems like Steve does a better job keeping up with the forums over there than the guy does over here.

They have a great reputation over there, and a ton of the members have their wheels. A few guys have even helped them develop new designs.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:01 PM

We actually do alot of private labeling for companies we cant mention
Old 06-20-2013, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil-G View Post
They are definitely big with the SVT guys. Seems like Steve does a better job keeping up with the forums over there than the guy does over here.

They have a great reputation over there, and a ton of the members have their wheels. A few guys have even helped them develop new designs.
Thats where steve started and we are big in the mustang community. I am on here reading post alot actually. Trying to learn alot of the brake companies and sizes. So much varies with pro touring cars its not like a mustang. It doesnt happen over night. Its acutally alot to keep up with and try to learn with so many variations,sizes,and cars no 2 are the same. So while he has 1 mustang forum i have quite a few other forums to keep up with
Old 06-20-2013, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stovebolter View Post
Rick,

They do make their own wheels. I researched the hell out of them. They primarily cater to the Mustang guys. I personally saw them on a couple of GT500's at a show in Tulsa and they are top notch top quality 3 piece wheels. Guess I should've ordered them for a Mustang?

David
Dave you know how i feel about the mustang thing lol.. Also i shot you a email back.

Your wheels are cut and off to our custom powdercoater.

Dave wheels took a little due to a machine going down and really setting us back a little and also we where waiting on a few more specs for the brakes i believe which he did get to us as soon as he could. I promised him wheels will be perfect and have apologized for the little longer wait issue and will throw in a few things because of that. But i assured him it will be well worth the wait and he will not be upset about anything when he receive the wheels and he knows i hold my world and value my customers and do everything i can to make a situation right

Hoping when everybody sees his wheels will motivate them to give us a chance on that nice project.

And yes dave you received a nice discount also
Old 06-20-2013, 07:23 PM

There was a thread about this more than 5 years ago.

https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=14137

And here is some info from the owner just after the company started in 2007

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...cs-inside.html

Looks like they have a pretty good reputation though.

Last edited by garickman; 06-20-2013 at 07:40 PM.
Old 06-21-2013, 07:55 AM

I'm looking forward to getting my greasy paws on these. I'll get some pictures up of the wheels themselves and a shot of them on the car. Of coarse it'll be a frontal shot . Going to take a while to get the rear ordered, shipped, and installed. Im a garage built enthusiast. I do all of my own work. Paint, fab, welding, interior, etc. i just couldnt stand someone else working on my car. Ask my son. I wont let him touch it and he's just as picky as me. And the front is going to be dependent on the nice warm muggy weather we get in Arkansas in July and August. Lol.

David
Old 07-15-2013, 06:51 PM

So did u ever get these? Would like to see some pics.
Old 07-26-2013, 05:42 AM

Hello Mike (your PM is full),

I'm looking to do wheels this year on my 67 Camaro, below is what i'm looking for - how much shipped to 14450 and how long would it take to get them? I'm new to lateral-g but have been on pro-touring for years (juat a garage built dailt driver with some upgrades along the way)

Don

Also any advise is always welcome.

Looking for your Competition Wheels design
either Polished with Black Chrome for whole wheel or flat back
17x8" front with 5.00 BS
17 x 9.5 back with 5.50 BS

Thank you,

Don
Closed Thread