Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 05-17-2018, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubbed69 View Post
Thanks,I am leaving the dry sump oil pan on it but trans. pan sure needs to be shallower.
I think your best option for a shallow pan is to graft together a CTS-V pan and a G8 pan.

Don
Old 05-18-2018, 08:00 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhutton View Post
I think your best option for a shallow pan is to graft together a CTS-V pan and a G8 pan.

Don
Thanks Don,hoping to get time next week to see what I need to get to it fitting in the car.
Old 05-18-2018, 10:19 AM

Below's a link to the Speedtech Chevelle Cover. At the very bottom of the page is instructions that may give you a better idea if it'll work or not. One nice thing is that it goes the length of the tunnel so it will give you plenty of room for a raised drive shaft and proper pinion angle too. It also includes a panel that goes in the trunk for ExtReme chassis frame rail clearance but isn't necessary with a factory frame. Unfortunately we don't sell the kit without this panel. Photos on our web page show it installed in a 69 GTO. Click Here for the Chevelle tunnel kit.

If you only needed the front piece that goes directly above the trans you can buy the Camaro one, it's similar only the Camaro doesn't need the front firewall portion, the rest of the tunnel behind the trans and the rear trunk portions so it's less $. Click Here for Camaro Tunnel cover.

The Camaro tunnel cover can raise the height of the tunnel upwards of 3.5". The Chevelle cover will raise the tunnel upwards of 6". Now supposing our tunnel cover isn't tall enough, it may make more sense to get it anyway and fill the gaps along the bottom sides between the cover and the car's tunnel with sheet metal instead of rebuilding the whole tunnel from scratch? I don't have a diagram with measurements for the Chevelle cover parts yet. For the dimensions for the Camaro cover Click Here I'll post it here when I get measurements for the Chevelle cover.

Good luck with it and feel free to contact us with any questions!

Last edited by Ben@SpeedTech; 05-18-2018 at 10:36 AM.
Old 05-18-2018, 01:06 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben@SpeedTech View Post
Below's a link to the Speedtech Chevelle Cover. At the very bottom of the page is instructions that may give you a better idea if it'll work or not. One nice thing is that it goes the length of the tunnel so it will give you plenty of room for a raised drive shaft and proper pinion angle too. It also includes a panel that goes in the trunk for ExtReme chassis frame rail clearance but isn't necessary with a factory frame. Unfortunately we don't sell the kit without this panel. Photos on our web page show it installed in a 69 GTO. Click Here for the Chevelle tunnel kit.

If you only needed the front piece that goes directly above the trans you can buy the Camaro one, it's similar only the Camaro doesn't need the front firewall portion, the rest of the tunnel behind the trans and the rear trunk portions so it's less $. Click Here for Camaro Tunnel cover.

The Camaro tunnel cover can raise the height of the tunnel upwards of 3.5". The Chevelle cover will raise the tunnel upwards of 6". Now supposing our tunnel cover isn't tall enough, it may make more sense to get it anyway and fill the gaps along the bottom sides between the cover and the car's tunnel with sheet metal instead of rebuilding the whole tunnel from scratch? I don't have a diagram with measurements for the Chevelle cover parts yet. For the dimensions for the Camaro cover Click Here I'll post it here when I get measurements for the Chevelle cover.

Good luck with it and feel free to contact us with any questions!
Thank you very much Ben,I will check out your kit.
Old 05-18-2018, 03:04 PM

Lots of people online are always asking questions about modifying the tunnel. I'll tell them about your tunnel products now, Ben.