Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 11-21-2015, 10:45 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Here's a picture of the front suspension.........Maybe adding some good shocks, but that's about all

Here's how the A/C condenser was mounted behind the front bumper....

Even though the trans fluid went thru the Radiator cooler....it was still run into this air cooler mounted behind the bumper with minimum air flow.......Gone......

Gone..........

There is now room for a sway bar............

Ken
Old 11-21-2015, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
I think you said something along the lines of --- the brakes have been upgraded so they're good...

You're going to put in a 500+ HP motor -- and my '56 Nomad weighed 4,000 pounds....

I know you don't drive like a couple of other idiots you call friends .... but think about following Charlie - and we're cruising up the road (no speeds mentioned here) and he puts on the binders in one of his super cars.... His stopping distance will be FAR FAR shorter than yours.... so even if you had adequate distance off his back bumper... Well, just sayin'.

Yep ...........But that can be addressed after Charley's car is repaired......LOL
Old 11-22-2015, 11:18 AM

Did some more dis-assembly ......getting ready for the new drivetrain that will be arriving next week.......and parts are starting to arrive (I like to plan in advance so when I start .....I can keep going).........as you can see, when it was built, it was built with all the good stuff !!!

Holley #302-1 Oil Pan arrived

Heat Exchanger

Old 11-22-2015, 12:25 PM

Nice stuff Ken, who's heat exchanger did you go with ? When I got my C+C kit it took a month because they were waiting for the trans controller.

Old 11-22-2015, 12:25 PM

Thanked 1,076 Times in 384 Posts

Just FYI --- On a tri-five chevy -- it's far easier to just pull the front sheetmetal off as a unit --- I tape a couple layers of green tape on the leading edge of the doors and the rear of the fenders and the edge of the cowl -- pull the hood -- There's one bolt (and some shims) at the top of each fender by the cowl -- and one at the bottom (and some shims) just ahead of the door..... two bolts (and some shims) at the core support -- three guys and walk it off.

I usually bolt them to those cheap ass furniture dollies you get at Harbor Freight and a 4 X 8 Sheet of plywood... cover it for protection and push it out of the way.

SO much easier then to access everything else.

Last edited by GregWeld; 11-22-2015 at 12:53 PM.
Old 11-22-2015, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynieZ View Post
Nice stuff Ken, who's heat exchanger did you go with ? When I got my C+C kit it took a month because they were waiting for the trans controller.

AFCO Dual pass Camaro ZL1 heat exchanger
Old 11-22-2015, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
Just FYI --- On a tri-five chevy -- it's far easier to just pull the front sheetmetal off as a unit --- I tape a couple layers of green tape on the leading edge of the doors and the rear of the fenders and the edge of the cowl -- pull the hood -- There's one bolt (and some shims) at the top of each fender by the cowl -- and one at the bottom (and some shims) just ahead of the door..... two bolts (and some shims) at the core support -- three guys and walk it off.

I usually bolt them to those cheap ass furniture dollies you get at Harbor Freight and a 4 X 8 Sheet of plywood... cover it for protection and push it out of the way.

SO much easier then to access everything else.

Thanks.........I was wondering about the easiest way to do this.......

Ken
Old 11-22-2015, 02:04 PM

I also received my new Wonder Bar Radio.......AM/FM Stereo /Sirius/Bluetooth...........Modern stuff to keep up with the drivetrain......LOL

But.......This car just amazes me.....can't wait to get the "Old" drivetrain and clean this old "Beater" up..........Just happened to spray some cleaner on the frame and wipe it off.............."WOWZA".........Look at this.......

Old 11-24-2015, 12:19 PM

love Nomads! also love it when someone is not afraid to cut one up! lol.that transmission cooler was doing nothing! keep up the good work ! i will be following this build for sure.!
my name is Eric Hokenson I have a dream of building ten of the coolest hot rods out of my home shop wish me luck I am going to need it! - more pics on my web site www.erodzcustoms.com this is just for fun and i am NOT looking for any more work!
Thank you supporting sponsors! without you guys there is no way I could do this myself !
Modern automotive performance,Ring bros.,Yank convertors,extreme drive systems,Cj tunes,race coatings stainless works,Modern Automotive Performance.all of these shops have the experience to get your car to the top.
Old 11-24-2015, 07:55 PM

A couple of neat things about this car..........whoever built the car in California originally did a great job with the install of the engine/trans..........the frame engine mounts are a work of Art.......and the trans has a tubular trans mount and frame mounts installed very professionally.........Gonna save a lot of fabrication and installation time getting the new drivetrain in..........Ended up very carefully taking the core support out........Pulled the headers off (Glad I never had to change the Spark Plugs on this puppy)..........dropped the trans out and then pulled the engine..........Now I can get the engine compartment Sparkling again.......