Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2018, 12:18 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,076 Times in 384 Posts

I will only say this one more time.... I would have never mentioned my issues over MY car... or even one or two guys that came forward and told me of THEIR stories. There's not one or two people out there -- it's ridiculous how many peoples projects are a mess because of big promises and failed delivery.

If you want to hang your money and project out with Ron Sutton Racing -- be my guest. I did -- I got so burned it's stupid.

Consider this -- I loaned him $80 grand to start his brake business (not a dime paid back) .... had him in my corner for 5 years every time I tracked my cars..... Had him build me a $200,000 track car.... In fewer words - he was my friend and I was there to help him and his business.

It's real easy when all of a sudden you get exposed - to come (weeks later) and cry and say "so sorry". Those are all just WORDS..... same BS words used for months and months while owing people parts and so called expertise. I had called him on this many times over the last couple years - about talking less and delivering more.... because I was hearing rumblings of people waiting and waiting for parts and tech.

There are two mods and several other people that know EXACTLY what went on in the background before I finally became convinced that other people were experiencing real pain with their projects because of RON. I was the SLOW FUSE not the fast blow fuse. Too much hype and self selling -- too little real actual delivery. The boards don't take people out based on one or two whiners.....

You make up your own minds.... good luck!

Last edited by GregWeld; 08-25-2018 at 07:57 AM.
Old 08-24-2018, 03:53 PM

I posted in Greg's original thread about my positive experiences with Ron, but maybe my post count isn't high enough to matter, or maybe my opinion doesn't matter because I didn't drop $200K on my car.

From a business owner that has almost 1000 online reviews: there are always 2 sides to every story. The previous Dr. I bought my clinic from summed it up like this... Rule #1: Try to please everybody
Rule #2: You can't please everybody.

Will I ask Ron for advice in the future...Yes.
Will I make purchases from his store in the future...Yes

I value my own opinion and experiences more that anyone else's. Even if I didn't drop $200K on my car.

Maybe this will help my street cred https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...ild?highlight=
Almost 75,000 views and 250 posts!

Last edited by jlwdvm; 08-24-2018 at 03:56 PM.
Old 08-24-2018, 04:02 PM

My previous post made more sense before OLDFLM deleted his.
Old 08-24-2018, 04:11 PM

Default Follow up

I hesitated to get involved with this in the first place, but because I did post a reply stating that I had never received my coilover springs I need to finish the story.
Last week Ron did contact me with my suspension calculations. No less than five emails each way on a Friday night. In my error, I gave him some bad intel so I tried calling him Saturday. He answered right away and we spent nearly half an hour working out the new spring rates. I received the first two springs Wednesday and the other two are coming.
Just stating the facts here, nothing more.
Old 08-24-2018, 07:19 PM

Just wanted to post my opinion. I'm definitely am not on either side of this matter because frankly only 2 people know the real truth of what REALLY happened (besides the obvious) .

I'm glad you finally posted up your side of the story Ron.

The problem I see is that there's implications of many others who have had major issues with their build but have yet to post up anything? Ron was deleted as a vendor but with no explanation to us other members as to why besides Greg's build thread? I understand Greg's build issues being big but what other reason? Once again, not taking sides I just want to know what other reasons I guess. I understand he may have waited too long to post his side but he did come on here to try and patch things up. To what extent only Ron knows.

I've never had any problems with my orders or services so I can't speak any negatives. I'm just a customer. I've never ate dinner with Ron, never flew him anywhere exotic, never bought anything over the top from him but
He's always answered my questions, sent me all orders right away and always got back to me by phone or email in a timely manner with questions I've had.

I hope this matter can be resolved and both parties can move forward.

Sometimes we all spread ourselves thin as husbands,parents or friends but its how we move forward to correct mistakes or improve on ourselves that matters.

Last edited by Build-It-Break-it; 08-24-2018 at 07:38 PM.
Old 08-24-2018, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Build-It-Break-it View Post
Just wanted to post my opinion. I'm definitely am not on either side of this matter because frankly only 2 people know the real truth of what REALLY happened (besides the obvious) .

I'm glad you finally posted up your side of the story Ron.

The problem I see is that there's implications of many others who have had major issues with their build but have yet to post up anything? Ron was deleted as a vendor but with no explanation to us other members as to why besides Greg's build thread? I understand Greg's build issues being big but what other reason? Once again, not taking sides I just want to know what other reasons I guess. I understand he may have waited too long to post his side but he did come on here to try and patch things up. To what extent only Ron knows.

I've never had any problems with my orders or services so I can't speak any negatives. I'm just a customer. I've never ate dinner with Ron, never flew him anywhere exotic, never bought anything over the top from him but
He's always answered my questions, sent me all orders right away and always got back to me by phone or email in a timely manner with questions I've had.

I hope this matter can be resolved and both parties can move forward.

Sometimes we all spread ourselves thin as husbands,parents or friends but its how we move forward to correct mistakes or improve on ourselves that matters.
+1

I too am just a customer, and have good good dealings with Ron in advice, services, and parts over several years. I am sorry to hear of the outcome of Greg's build, but I'm not ready to rule out someone who has contributed so much without first allowing time for redemption. People make mistakes, and should be allowed to fix them.
Old 08-24-2018, 09:12 PM

I'm seriously concerned with some reading skills exhibited here.

I've stated about 50 times - maybe more - that THIS IS NOT ABOUT MY BUILD.

Can any of you recall this last couple weeks news about the Catholic priests? Did ANY OF YOU shake your head and think to yourself -- WHY DIDN'T THESE VICTIMS COME FORWARD at the time..... and possibly saved other lives from these heinous offenses? Why does it take ONE PERSON to finally say something and then all the floodgates open and all the other people come streaming out with their horror stories.

Were these priests doing "good" for the church when not buggering little children? Sure they were. Were they promoted and liked by many? Of course they were.

Should the church be accountable - if information comes forward that they knew of the offensive actions and looked the other way? I think you'd agree they're certainly every bit as guilty because of their actions - and allowing the offenses to continue. Harming more and more with each passing year.

People went out of their way to get in touch with me. Some probably don't realize I actually know other people that aren't on Lateral-G. Some people that are considered the pillars of our little corner of the world..... And they shared their stories.... I think I have saved 42 PM's. That's probably more PM's in a week than I've received since I joined. NOT ONE GOOD ONE.... People don't share happy -- they share the bad. Nobody in 5 years has sent me a happy PM saying -- GEE EVERYTHING IS JUST SWELL.... Meaning -- I don't hear from people. I get asked about my cancer treatment in PM's. But nobody sent me any "heads up I'm having a problem with...." The 42 PM's came flooding in after the news about my car started to make the back alleys we all have with each other... (Edited this. In an effort to clear up my thought/statement here)

Can you still remember reading my intro here -- about the mess the priests have made?

Trust me when I tell you -- this was never about me.... I'm just the last guy in line that took the biggest hit. I AM REALLY JUST THE GUY THAT HAD THE BALLS TO COME FORWARD ONCE I HEARD THE STORIES.

I've said it enough. If you like Ron Sutton and you want to continue to seek his info and parts. I don't care. It means nothing to me. That's your decision. I like Summitt you like Jeg's....

But now everything I read from this guy - is a dance. A dance around part of the facts.... errors of omission....and it always comes back to SELLING. If you knew why Kurt Urban moved to Scoggins-Dickey you'd be able to read between the lines -- He was not there, and he just got there - Why drop his name in to the story? Selling? People LIKE KURT URBAN. Yeah - he's there NOW.... but he wasn't there when the catalog was created.... wasn't there when my motor was built.... so why is that now important? It's a suck in.... his name connection sucks you in.

The time frame was not an issue -- never was -- but it suddenly is because it's a very convenient escape from the truth - covers everything doesn't it -- "we were rushing for poor poor Greg". That's about 35% correct. I was willing to move any date any time.... and asked REPEATEDLY about "can you make the date or should I move it?" The track rental date was easily moved... When it was chosen - it was chosen with full knowledge. PERIOD. Again -- that was nothing in stone. It was just a date to try to make. When the car was obviously behind -- I asked several times about killing the date or moving it.... and the date was never a problem. Now then when it got much closer - again many discussions -- and I allowed and agreed to -- the body being rough - the wrap not done - the chassis not "finished" and if we did that - we could make "the date". Okay - I've built lots of cars - and frankly when I thought about it - the body in white was better for testing anyway - you wouldn't feel bad about taking a sawzall to it. Ditto the chassis.

I have all the emails and texts discussing all of these dates and details (I'm extremely detailed and have nothing better to do). I'll save 'em, and did save them all along - A: as a reference B: I've done a few business deals in my lifetime

Okay -- yes -- TIME is extremely important to me -- but that's "larger picture" stuff... and yes -- it was "time sensitive" because of my "maybe" poor health (right now I'm in excellent health). But we've had so so many detailed discussions about that -- and my reasons, and how to think about that etc - nobody knew better than Ron - my friend - a guy I loaned money to on a handshake - a guy that has been instrumental in my driving and cars - a guy I wanted to succeed in the worst way. WHY? Because he was good for US. Because we needed a guy like this. NOBODY TRUSTED HIM MORE THAN I. Nobody discussed business with him more than I. Put deals together. Pushed his career. I liked him - I needed him - we needed him. I could try to do good things for him.

But === I can not - ever - never - be the guy that knew something that should be known by all, and didn't come forward. My balls are tiny, but not that tiny.

Last edited by GregWeld; 08-24-2018 at 10:27 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to GregWeld For This Useful Post:
Streetking (09-05-2018)
Old 08-24-2018, 09:57 PM

Default Another thought....

I get the "perception" is that I'm some kind of big shot in the inner circle of life at Lateral-G.

I too - would look at the length of membership and number of posts and think - Dude is a somebody.

I can assure you that I don't know the first thing about what goes on at Lateral-G other than the posts / threads I care to participate in. I don't ask what's going on - don't care - I don't gossip.... I'm on a Text train with two "mods" -- by the way - I'm not a mod - was never asked to be one - wouldn't be one if asked... WE do not discuss Lat-G. WE don't gossip about Lat-G. Are they considered to be some of my closest confidants and friends? 100%

I don't know if they were in the decision to ban/strip/censure Ron Suttons BUSINESS. I didn't ask - I didn't influence - it was never mentioned. I frankly don't care. That's Lat-G's business. I don't want to know. When I text or email with Jody - it's about my health - and HE asks me how I'm doing.... that's IT! I can tell you that I forwarded a bunch of info to him .... without any discussion from me -- just a "well.... here's another one...." or a "FYI".

I kept the confidence of the people that shared with me. That's their choice - their decision. I'm a pretty sharing guy.... I share WAY MORE than I should.... Way more. Why? Because I guess I think I have something to offer that I'd like to share with you all. Try to help when I can. Shut up and say nothing when I know nothing. You've never seen me post in suspension threads.... I don't post in ANY LS discussion.... I read - but I don't post. Why? Because I really don't know a thing about it. If you're welding or bending metal - or doing brakes - or having a timing issue with a SBC (NOT FORD).... I'll try to help. Plumbing? Oh yeah - something I love. Wiring? Yeah - as long as it's not some new fangled wiz bang auto dimmer door closer.... but if it's straight up switches and relays and 12V = I'll try to help.

What am I trying to say? I'm saying that I was as surprised as you all when someone told me they'd (Lat-G) taken down Sutton Advertising. I'm not shocked by that - given what I now know.... but I thought there might be a lot more hemming and hawing... and dancing around.... and "well that guy complains all the time about everyone" kind of talk.

Ya know what I heard repeatedly in mails and calls..... "I could have told you that a long time ago".... and "you should talk to so and so OMG...." and "I wouldn't drive that because of this or that".... and "you have no idea how much I had to redo of his stuff" and "you know that's just a Joe's Racing piece at twice the price, right".

OKAY --- that's my very last post ever on the subject. For me it's case closed - I've said all I have to say about that <Gump>
Old 08-24-2018, 10:07 PM

Not trying to offend you Greg at all. Not my intentions. My reading skills are up to par ( if directed at me). I don't watch the news at all. I'm just not into it. I don't read news articles either so the priest story I didn't know happened. I'm not religious either. If something happened to kids that's sickening and my heart goes out to them.

My post wasn't directed towards you if that's how it seems but more so about the dozens of people who only messaged you, that only you know the stories to but no one has stepped up besides you. I'm curious about the others out there. Once again not trying to offend anyone or take any sides.

I'm more curious as to why zero people have said anything? 5 years of complaints ( if i read correctly) but not 1 person said anything? Not saying it can't be true but wondering why just you posting? 5 years of you knowing the wrong doings of Ron but posting now about them after 5 years of 42 pms (if that's all within this week disregard)?

Not saying your lying at all but why wait 5 years and then promote his business that was bad 5 years ago?

I hope this all isn't coming off smug because it's a bad situation all around. Im honestly just sitting back waiting for more information from anyone else that's had issues to step up and say something. No sides taken and no harm meant with my posts.

Like most I only believe half of what I read on the forums.

Last edited by Build-It-Break-it; 08-24-2018 at 10:13 PM.
Old 08-24-2018, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Build-It-Break-it View Post
Not trying to offend you Greg at all. Not my intentions. My reading skills are up to par ( if directed at me). I don't watch the news at all. I'm just not into it. I don't read news articles either so the priest story I didn't know happened. I'm not religious either. If something happened to kids that's sickening and my heart goes out to them.

My post wasn't directed towards you if that's how it seems but more so about the dozens of people who only messaged you, that only you know the stories to but no one has stepped up besides you. I'm curious about the others out there. Once again not trying to offend anyone or take any sides.

I'm more curious as to why zero people have said anything? 5 years of complaints but not 1 person said anything? Not saying it can't be true but wondering why just you posting? 5 years of you knowing the wrong doings of Ron but posting now about them after 5 years of 42 pms?

Not saying your lying at all but why wait 5 years and then promote his business that was bad 5 years ago?

I hope this all isn't coming off smug because it's a bad situation all around. Im honestly just sitting back waiting for more information from anyone else that's had issues to step up and say something. No sides taken and no harm meant with my posts.

Like most I only believe half of what I read on the forums.

I must not be able to communicate very well.... could be my meds.

I am saying that for 5 years I've been his best man! I didn't know anything until a couple weeks ago -- when people started to talk (behind my back) about my car --- and it's problems -- and that is the start point for me knowing anything "bad" about Ron Sutton Racing. I have a couple friends that had to wait extremely long times for parts and info - but I chalk that up to the usual stuff - busy - not really that important right now - "I'm working on it" -- "I'm writing a book".....
Closed Thread