Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Cooling: Radiators/Fans/Controllers
User Name
Password

Old 06-25-2017, 09:32 PM

Anyone know the pin out for the fan control on the E67? I can't see it on my pin out...called something else?
Old 07-29-2017, 01:36 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlifttoshift View Post
Yep, transducer goes in the high side and becomes an input.

The wire that runs from your AC controls to the compressor also becomes an input.

Then a wire runs from the ECU to the compressor, that is an output. Also need an output from the ECU to the C6 pwm fan controller.

The output to the compressor will not run unless it sees 12v in from AC controls _and_ pressure is between 30 and 400 psi, matching Vintage Air's cutoff on their trinary.

The fan control side has been covered in this thread already.

The problem you may have with the HP is limited number of I/O available.
Donny,

Why is there a need for the wire from the AC control to be an input to the HP?

I am trying to help Larry, but I don't know enough about AC systems, although I am good with the Holley system.

He has a 0-5v sensor installed in the AC system, but there seems to be very little variability in pressure. I sent you a PM on PT...if you have time...

Andrew
Old 09-03-2017, 05:55 PM

Does anyone know anything about the PWM configuration on the new LT1 and LT4 GMPP kits that use the e92 ECU?

Presumably there is a PWM output, but maybe GMPP did away with it on the retrofit kits (as they did on the e67 kits, as John Parsons experienced). I also know that the new generation of fans the WPM controller is built into the fans, so no intermediate controller (like the C6) is needed.

Andrew
Old 09-04-2017, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
Does anyone know anything about the PWM configuration on the new LT1 and LT4 GMPP kits that use the e92 ECU?

Presumably there is a PWM output, but maybe GMPP did away with it on the retrofit kits (as they did on the e67 kits, as John Parsons experienced). I also know that the new generation of fans the WPM controller is built into the fans, so no intermediate controller (like the C6) is needed.

Andrew
I have an LT4 and the GMPP controller kit, and a late model CTS-V cooling fan, but we're a month or two from finishing wiring and getting things running. I am hoping that I can reprogram the e92 with HPTuners to do PWM control as it does in a CTS-V - we'll see. Why GM would block PWM control in the crate motor ECUs is beyond me ...
Old 09-04-2017, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTAddict View Post
I have an LT4 and the GMPP controller kit, and a late model CTS-V cooling fan, but we're a month or two from finishing wiring and getting things running. I am hoping that I can reprogram the e92 with HPTuners to do PWM control as it does in a CTS-V - we'll see. Why GM would block PWM control in the crate motor ECUs is beyond me ...
Thanks for chiming in! Please keep this thread updated. I know from another LT4 build that the stock GMPP fan configuration is discrete fan control, with a Hi and Low fan setting. PWM would be way better, especially if you're using the new CTSV 800watt fan.

Have you found a source for the Yazaki connector and terminals for the fan?

Andrew
Old 09-06-2017, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badazz81z28 View Post
Anyone know the pin out for the fan control on the E67? I can't see it on my pin out...called something else?
The A/C pressure sensor is wired in at pins J3-21 (reference ground), J3-37 (reference 5V), and J3-57 (signal).

The PWM control wire is J3-64 (FANSPD:IMTVPS)
Old 09-07-2017, 01:03 PM

Default Fan connectors

I haven't seen the CTS-V fan. Does it use the same connectors as the C7 Corvette and the aftermarket released Spal DC brushless fans? If so I have those connectors in stock as kits with terminals seals etc.

Here is what I have:

Multiple terminals and seals are provided to account for different gauge wire applications.

Jason Haines
Product & Service Solutions LLC
[email protected]
www.proservsolutions.com

Quote:
Thanks for chiming in! Please keep this thread updated. I know from another LT4 build that the stock GMPP fan configuration is discrete fan control, with a Hi and Low fan setting. PWM would be way better, especially if you're using the new CTSV 800watt fan.

Andrew
Old 09-09-2017, 11:40 AM

Quote:

Andrew
I got the connector from Summit:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/SPU-IXSBLYAZPT

Edit: the above part number is complete connector, terminals, and harness.

The GMPP controller is indeed set up for discrete control as it comes, I'm just assuming I can change that like on most GM ECU.

Scott

Last edited by PTAddict; 09-09-2017 at 12:20 PM.
Old 09-11-2017, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTAddict View Post
I got the connector from Summit:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/SPU-IXSBLYAZPT

Edit: the above part number is complete connector, terminals, and harness.

The GMPP controller is indeed set up for discrete control as it comes, I'm just assuming I can change that like on most GM ECU.

Scott
Scott,

Thanks for the info!!!

I am eager to see if you can change the tune in the e92 for PWM fan control.

Andrew
Old 09-11-2017, 05:56 PM

Has the E38 been figured out for PWM fan control?

I have a 2010 Camaro and a radiator coming with twin Spal brushless fans. I called Spal and they wouldn't tell me anything because of an NDA with GM as they are an OEM supplier. I called the place building the radiator and was told the same thing but they'd see what, if anything, they could find out because they have not installed in a 2010 Camaro.

Dave Steck (DSX Tuning) is a friend of mine and I contacted him about it. He said the Corvette and Camaro E38 OS are the same but have differing CANbus communication. He said he sees no reason I can't control the fans with PWM because the OS has PWM Electric as a choice. That is a screenshot of my actual tune showing it.

Unless I missed something in this thread (quite possible) I haven't seen anyone successfully running PWM in a 5th Gen Camaro and an E38 ECM.

It would be nice to be able to just drop the new fans in, connect the wires and go.

ETA: I don't know which fans I'm getting as the place (wizard cooling) is going to use the biggest ones that will fit. 14" diameter and 3. 25" thickness was mentioned. I am not aware of any other aftermarket 5th Gen radiator having 14" fans though.
Attached Images

Last edited by blake-b; 09-11-2017 at 06:03 PM.