Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Events > Track and Driving Events
User Name
Password

Old 04-26-2016, 09:07 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Nice Chad!! Hoping to get my wifey to do the same.....I'd like to make the trek and do this down there as well as a few up here.....now if i could only get my car running decent....
Old 05-05-2016, 10:40 AM

Noticed your wife was left foot braking too. Impressive for a first timer!
Old 06-06-2016, 12:29 PM

Okay, I've been slacking on keeping this thread updated. However, there has been plenty of autocrossing going on!

Since my last update I've attended:
CAM Challenge 4/30-5/1
CalClub SCCA practice day 5/14
San Diego SCCA autocross 5/15
San Diego SCCA autocross 6/5

CAM Challenge West
I was pretty stoked with the turnout at the CAM challenge. CAMT was the largest group of the three classes with 25 cars that competed! You can check out the results of Saturday here: http://cdn.growassets.net/user_files...pdf?1462135938

The Sunday shootout results are here:
http://www.scca.com/events/1982796-2...-cam-challenge

Some pics I found someone took of some of the CAM challenge:
http://hotrodhotel.net/media-2/scca-...gallery/page/1

You Sunday shootout finalists here:

Brett with the 99 Mustang on the left was the overall shootout winner.
Mary Pozzi was the Saturday CAMT winner.

Lots of autocross & track day videos of my car: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheDude023
Old 06-06-2016, 12:36 PM

CalClub Practice day 5/14
I'm definitely digging going to these SCCA practice days. I get a good number of laps (usually at least 12 laps) and so far folks have been super friendly, so I've gotten some great ride along instruction and gotten to ride in some pretty sweet cars too.

Michael and I have hit a few of these events together now.

The below pic sequence is pretty cool. I had someone riding along multiple laps with me and they kept yelling at me for lifting at a kink in what was otherwise a straight away. This is the result of not lifting. Car whipped around faster than I knew what to do with!

Lots of autocross & track day videos of my car: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheDude023

Last edited by Chad-1stGen; 06-06-2016 at 12:40 PM.
Old 06-06-2016, 12:47 PM

Default San Diego SCCA autocross 5/15

San Diego SCCA autocross 5/15

I believe this was a record turnout for CAMT or at least a record turn out for a CAM event that I've attended. We had 16 drivers in CAMT which is awesome for a Sunday SCCA championship day! Despite the course being on the SE lot it was actually a lot of fun.

With 16 drivers plus family and friends we had plenty of bench racing and good eats happening in the pits.

This is the closest finish I've ever had. Richard, gave me a run for my money! We also got to do fun runs at this event. I did 6 more runs for $10 and dropped another second off my best time.

Old 06-06-2016, 12:56 PM

Default San Diego SCCA autocross 6/5

And another San Diego SCCA autocross yesterday, 6/5

We had another great turn out with 11 drivers yesterday. The course was very tight and favored grip and nimbleness far more than horsepower! Maybe due to the fact that there was a Bernie Sanders rally happening at the stadium that day we were limited to a smaller area than normal. We were also treated to rally goers just walking across the middle of the course...

CAMT cars everywhere in the hot pits!

With my 6 thousandths of a second win the event before I was watching Richard closely this event. I was the 2nd one up so after finishing my fourth and final run I got to watch the other 9 CAMT drivers try to take out my best 56.2 time. Richard was struggling to get a clean run but I saw him come across the lights on his last run with a 55.7 and I felt the taste of defeat! Sadly, the run was a DNF.

Kevin with his big Chevelle swapped to new tires and lower control arms and was back at this event with a vengeance. His last run was his best and jumped him into 2nd overall, which is the best finish I've seen him do at an event! Bry also hit the podium at this event.

This weekend (6/11-12) is the next SCCA socal autocross and it is at El Toro! El Toro is one of the funnest places to autocross in socal!

Old 06-14-2016, 11:57 AM

Another great SCCA outing this past weekend with Cal Club. Man I love running at El Toro. Since I drive about 90 miles to get to the San Diego events and 60+ miles to get to the Fontana events it sure is nice having an event less than 20 miles away but even better are the big and fast courses they can make at El Toro. There aren't other places in SoCal that allow these types of courses.

I went to the practice day on Saturday and the Championship day on Sunday. Sunday was originally going to have 6 drivers in 5 cars in CAMT but Efrain discovered a wiring harness gremlin that morning and Evan's crew chief and partner in crime had a family issue crop up so they both weren't able to run. Efrain came out and got to see some of the action though. Overall we had a good mix of all three classes of CAM cars with a total of 13 drivers.

A buddy brought his Daytona replica and ran CAMS with it for his first ever autocross. He has wheel to wheel racing experience on the road course so it was fun seeing his first time on the autocross course.

The old school muscle at the event.

Andrew with the 69 Camaro was trying his first SCCA course ever. He had previously done GoodGuys and Hotchkis. My wife also drove for only her second time ever autocrossing.

Some of the CAMC cars

And the times for the three CAM classes.

The CAMT and CAMS crew just couldn't hang with the CAMC guys. Despite a first place finish in CAMT I couldn't help but feel I wa off pace compared to where I usually run against the CalClub CAMC cars. My wife was pretty happy to be in the same realm of times as the novice CAMT and CAMS drivers. Andrew had a 68 second run per the digital clock on his 3rd run but the announcers claimed he needed to do a rerun which he didn't hear and so he didn't get an official 3rd timed run.

I didn't get a pic of his vette but Tom drove up from San Diego and was even nice enough to let Richard codrive when Richard's ignition switch in his 68 Vette went out. I haven't heard how Tom feels about Richard beating him in his own car though...

The next Cal Club event is 7/10 and the next SDR event is 6/26!

Old 06-16-2016, 06:17 PM

I feel like GB2...
Attached Images

67 Plymouth Valiant
69 Barracuda Convertible
Old 06-16-2016, 08:19 PM

lol...
Old 06-16-2016, 08:47 PM

Nice results Chad, you are putting it on them. I just hope Dave gets his car running before you wear yours out.