Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 10-24-2011, 07:43 AM

Default October 2011

And here is my most recent update. I spent about 50 hours reworking and rerouting all of the chassis wiring and some of the computer wiring, deleting excess vacuum lines, making new engine grounds, reworking the brake lines, fixing the trans tunnel, wrapping the chassis wiring, removing excess wiring, tracking down wiring that was installed incorrectly and causing issues or going to eventually cause issues, etc and so on.

I had a set of TCP shock tower braces left over from another build and decided to see if i could make them work. They would not clear the intake tube, so i turned the bracket 90 degrees towards the rear of the car and drilled new holes. Although i am not really sure how much good/bracing these links actually provide, I do think they add a nice touch to the engine compartment.

Update from late last week
Might be somewhat redundant.

I cant even begin to count the amount of small things that I have done to the car in the past two weeks, but it has certainly kept me busy.
Here are a few pictures of some of things i accomplished yesterday evening and tonight.

Finally finished the chassis harness wiring, or at least all of it that runs under the dash, wrapped the wiring, removed the steering column, repainted the dash around the gauge cluster, installed the gauge cluster, installed all AC ducts, relocated fan temp sensor, relocated crank sensor wires and wrapped them, wired AC compressor, installed a new ground for the fan, ran wires for trinary pressure switch, welded metal in to fix the shifter cut out, finally organized all wiring running to front of the car, wrapped all wiring running to front of car, and installed weather pak connectors on lights and wiring.

New Billet Hood Hinges from EMS. The stock units provided way too much play and the hood kept shifting and trying to rub against the cowl paint.

Last edited by Restocreations; 10-24-2011 at 07:46 AM.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:23 AM

I did this swap a few years ago and see a lot of the same things I did!! Looks good..
Old 10-24-2011, 09:58 AM

Hell of a journey man, props for sticking with it through all of the challenges.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:17 PM

im glad to see more people are doing this swap, Ford has been lagging in creating an aftermarket to support this platform. im trying really hard to convince my brother to run this in his 67 fastback also. great work so far!!!!!
Old 11-06-2011, 12:06 AM

11/06/11

No Logo fat mat installed. It did not want to stick, so i glued it down with Weldwood contact cement.

I also spent 4 hours stripping the Krylon paint off of and polishing the steering column. I think it looks much better polished.

Old 11-06-2011, 11:18 PM

Finally, the car is back on its feet. I bled the brakes, adjusted the ride height, washed the car and took a few pictures today. The sun was getting low, so the photos arent the best.

Old 11-07-2011, 08:23 AM

Looking good
Old 11-07-2011, 05:21 PM

Congrats on your perseverance. I know how long and how hard I struggle with even the smallest things like routing a hose or wire correctly, and then marvel that ANYONE is wealthy enough to pay someone to do this correctly . So it never really surprises me when people have these kind of problems with shops. One has to really be rich, choose a well respected shop, or be a bit lucky to make sure everything goes without a hitch.

IN fairness to shops too, I can't count the number of times I've found my own mistakes - ie loose fittings, poor routing etc. After a change I never drive further than one lap around the block before its up on stands again for inspection. THen its a slightly longer drive around the block and so on.

Anyway, congrats, enjoy the car, I like everything but the Carroll Shelby signatures.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:28 AM

way to stick with the build! how are you liking the front/rear suspension setup? I ask because im running pretty much the same front setup and the rear setup your using from TCP is the one im contemplating on!
Old 11-14-2011, 07:41 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Man, that thing looks great!