Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 05-21-2013, 01:02 AM

Default 1968 Camaro build motivation

Hey guys, I'm trying to get motivated to start working on my new project. Its a 68 Camaro I have had for about 7 years. Since I just finished my Dads 1980 Camaro LSx project I want to get started but really looking to get an idea of what direction to take it in. I know I want to build a traditional Chevy big block (probably 427) and it will definitely be in the Pro Touring style (I know BBC and Pro touring don't exactly mesh) Any pictures or motivation is welcomed. Thanks guys!
Heres mine in its current state....

-1967 C-10 step side 4x4
-2000 Dodge Dakota

it'll buff out........
Old 05-21-2013, 02:15 AM

Do you have any favorite race cars, car builders or other types/ genres of cars that you can take a page from and combine with your car to make a truly unique build?

As a couple of examples- in a current issue of Hot Rod magazine they featured a Gulf themed first camaro. It was painted in a color combo usually seen on Porsches and Fords. Or a couple of years back they had that "Toyomaro" that was built with the Toyota engine, etc. Like 'em or hate 'em they are not your typical builds, and they stand out. I think Pure Vision/ Steve Strope is very successful at making a lot of cool unique builds with well thought out combinations of different genres, etc.

With the 427 engine you have- imagine what if Shelby had signed with GM and not Ford. What would a Shelby 427 Camaro look like? Or perhaps what would a Pro Touring car built by Smokey Yunick look like? Maybe it's black/ gold similar to the Trans Am camaro he had, and you add your own touches to make it your own car. Maybe there's an old Indy car that you like and can have graphics inspired by, or a bonneville car, etc. Or check out the recently built Hot Wheels '67 Camaro. A toy car brought to life. Perhaps you have a toy or model kit that you've always liked...

Maybe I went too far out in left field, but hopefully this will help get you thinking of something you might like, or help cross out what you don't.

I hope this helps.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:22 AM

That's good direction, I like the idea of the trans am feel
-1967 C-10 step side 4x4
-2000 Dodge Dakota

it'll buff out........