Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Interior and Electrical
User Name
Password

Old 08-07-2007, 05:15 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Post 1967/8 Camaro Vintage Air Gen 4 install pictures

I am about 80% done with the Gen 4 install in my 68. Here is a link to some of the install pictures. The only picture I forgot to take was how the factory controller is integrated into the new system. Overall it hasn't been too tough, just time consuming. I like to take on alot at one time (glutten for punishment), I am doing the VA system, a street and performance pulley system and converting to a covans dash unit all at the same time. Let me know if anyone has any questions.

http://rides.webshots.com/album/560202775dZkBLK
Full of DSE and Holley parts
Old 09-11-2007, 09:24 PM

How much additional room would you say is taken up by this unit vs Stock? I'm in the midst of planning an LS1 install and am looking to place it under the dash in addition to a vintage air unit. Where have you put your LT1 PCM?
Old 09-12-2007, 07:39 AM

Thumbs up

Are you talking about a stock heater or a stock AC box? The Gen 4 is slightly larger than the stock heater. With the stock heater, I laid the PCM flat on a piece of aluminum and it worked fine. The VA comes with a "glovebox" but I am trying to figure out how to use it and mount my PCM in the area above the AC unit and the dash. Between the ducting and the VA unit, there is not alot of space to mount it and still beable to access it without tearing it aprt (ductiing and such) if I had ro remove it.

I currently have the PCM mounted in the glove box space. "Mounted" is a term I will use loosely, positioned would be a better way to put it. It is between between the dash and the AC unit. It is secure in there, I just don't like it there because I want my glovebox storage back. I have been driving like this for over a year and a half without any problems (had a surefit kit in before this). Let me know if you have anymore questions. I am gathering all of my info and want to do an install article to post on here.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:57 PM

Thank you for posting pics and info. Can you took one pic from back seat to see how much is gen 4 unit visible under the dash ?
Old 10-05-2007, 05:45 PM

Thumbs up

I will try and get one this weekend for you. I just uploaded a couple more pictures of what the dash control conversion looks like. I have been trying to find time to get the AC lines made and get the system charged but between work and the family, not much time to get it done.
http://rides.webshots.com/album/560202775dZkBLK