Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 01-31-2011, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70supersport View Post
very cool build eddie been trying to talk to you at drags,but your a busy man i think we would all like more pics,keep up the great work
Be sure to stop by next time and ask for me. I try to always make time but it is tough since I'm working on the stuff. It's crazy how many people talk to me about this car. I can't wait to have it done. See you at the races.

Ed
Old 02-06-2011, 04:22 PM

Since I have a little bit before the Super Bowl I wanted to get a few pictures up. Here are some pictures of the car back in the shop after soda blasting the parts.

We found a few little sports that were rusted but all in all the base of the car was really clean.

Also here are 2 renderings that I had done about 2 years ago. They are both the same with a different color backgrounds to them. I just wanted to post them up and get some thoughts from anyone willing to comment on them.

I was thinking about changing the bottom color blue to a darker silver something a long the lines of the GM Cyber Gray that is on the Corvette etc... The car would end up being 2 tone silver. Something like a gun metal on the top and cyber gray on the bottom. I'm going to look into getting a rendering done that just to get a better idea. I will take any one's thoughts since we all know the paint can make or break a car and it is the hardest thing to make up your mind on. So feel free to tell me what you think.
Thanks Ed
Old 02-07-2011, 06:35 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thumbs up

Looks great Ed.
I like the colors that you have on there now. Maybe a darker blue to add a bit more contrast, in my opinion. Good luck!
Old 02-11-2011, 09:11 PM

Once I got the shell into the shop the one thing that stuck out like a sore thumb were the cowl vents. So the only option to me was cover them up. Here is the process of the way we did it.

This was a little tough to make fit and follow the lines 100% but after a little bit of time on the english wheel this is what we got.

We did one side at a time to keep the metal from twisting and doing wacky things once we cut the area out and put the new part in.

Once we did that I think it just cleaned up the whole area and now it has a smooth look to it.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:53 PM

Once we got the metal work all done on the cowl area next was to put together the front clip. For that I choose the Chris Alston's Chassisworks G-Machine stuff. It is very high quality and was just what we needed. You can tell a lot of thought went into building the parts. Here are some pictures.

Upper A-Arms

Lower A-Arms

The Power Rack set up. This bolted in really nice and uses some really cool billet clamps to hold the rack on.

Close Up

I wanted to have a coil over in the car so I didn't have to worry about the air side of things. I got the double adjustable Vari-Shock.

Also to make sure the car has no problems stopping I got the 14 inch Wilwood 6 piston brake set-up also made by Chassisworks.

Here is the whole clip built and ready to be bolted to the main body.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:41 PM

Default Bad ASS

Eddie show Um the Latest pics,, How old are these?? They can see more on Super chevy Site !!!!!
Old 02-13-2011, 09:39 AM

WOW!!! Awesome.This going to be a top notch build.Can't wait to see more. Scott
Old 02-13-2011, 05:33 PM

Default ?????'s

Eddie would love to talk to You !! Have ???'s about glass ?? Fuzzies, trim ?? Roger J
Old 02-14-2011, 06:17 PM

I'll PM you some info in a little bit. I just have been very busy.

I will also post some more pictures of some more stuff when I get a little bit of extra time.

Thanks
Old 02-14-2011, 06:31 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thumbs up

Very nice Eddie.
That whole front clip looks killer.