Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 05-26-2011, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70rs View Post
Looks great Ray.
Good seeing you and the Chevelle at docs a couple weeks ago.

When do I get to drive it?
As soon as we get some decent weather and I can get it out of the garage for more than an hour or two. Hoss is hosting another dyno day / bbq at his place. You should come up!
Old 05-26-2011, 12:25 AM

Just tell me when and I will be there!

1970 Camaro.....on the road someday!
Old 05-27-2011, 04:00 AM
Supporting Member

Nice, 70 Chevelles are my favorite muscle car.
Old 06-04-2011, 05:55 PM

Nice build, looking at hydro boost right now for my build. I have the SPC suspension parts and they are nice product, I have not drove the car much with it but still i would suggest it from all the reading I have done about it.

YouTube & Chevelle pics - Instagram @nick.v70 & @ChevelleFactory
Old 06-04-2011, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor-Cal Nick View Post
Nice build, looking at hydro boost right now for my build. I have the SPC suspension parts and they are nice product, I have not drove the car much with it but still i would suggest it from all the reading I have done about it.
Thanks Nick, I went ahead and bought and installed uca/lca from Speedtech, with QA1 Coilovers. I like the SPC gear a lot, I just thought the speedtech stuff was more in line with my goals for the car. The Hydroboost has been great, the more miles I put on it the more I am pleased. I ended up buying pieces off of Ebay as opposed to Hydratech and saved a little money. If your interested I can PM you the links I have saved from buying everything.

Side note: Where in Nor-Cal are you at?? I grew up in Dunsmuir/Mt. Shasta area until I joined the Army. I miss Nor-Cal a lot especially in the summers.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:38 PM

It's been a long time since I have posted in here. This summer was a pain as far as the car went. I problems with pinging in the 3000-3500 rpm range and spent most of the summer trying to chase down what the problem was. After changing timing curves, plugs, adding carb spacers and heat shields and everything else I could think of. A very knowledgeable friend suggested I change intake manifold gaskets to the kind that block the exhaust crossover. Made a world of difference. It was too late in the year to know if it truly fixed it or not but it was a huge improvement.

This winter I have a bunch of small projects in mind for the car.

1. SPAL fan controller
2. Level out the Master Cylinder and Hydroboost unit.
3. replace some various interior pieces.

Longterm:

Look at Auto OD setup, I am thinking 4l80E with tci paddles.
Wheels and tires...I would really like to get some Rushforth's
Old 06-10-2012, 11:21 AM

A lot has changed on the car since I last updated on here.

- replaced the inner/out heater boxes which were rusted pretty bad

- installed and wired up the SPAL fan controller so no more having to constantly check the water temp guage and turn the fans on manually.

- Installed the rear Ridetech coil overs and the ride is awesome. Having coilovers on all 4 corners on these big cars makes the ride amazing. I'll have to re-work the rear exhaust to clear the coil overs, for now my exhaust ends at the turndowns over the rear axle.

- Re-routed my hydroboost return to the pump as it was incorrect and the pump constantly had fluid coming out of the top from too much pressure.

- Re-worked the Hydroboost firewall bracket. The bracket placed the master cylinder nose up at an extreme angle. got to where the MC sits almost level now.

- New wheels and tires, I'm sure people will recognize the style and probably the brand. All I'm going to say is I wish I would have gone with Rushforth.

pics:

I didn't have enough ports on the intake so I found this cool waterneck spacer on Summit. It has two NPT ports for temp senders etc. I ended up switching the senders location from this pic because the waterneck doesn't give a good ground for the water temp guage sender.

New Ridetech's installed and the issue with the exhaust.

Wheels/tires

Old 06-10-2012, 11:59 AM

WHeels and stance make all the difference .

How about some tire and wheel info? specs?
Old 06-10-2012, 12:32 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad.samaritan View Post
- New wheels and tires, I'm sure people will recognize the style and probably the brand. All I'm going to say is I wish I would have gone with Rushforth.

Wheels/tires

Wheels and tires don't look bad. Maybe lower the stance some. What brand are those? Sorry, I cannot recognize the detail because they are black. I can see that it's a mesh wheel. As far as wishing you went with Rushforth's, as you've stated in your previous posts, I thought you were. If Rushforth's are what you wanted, you probably should have waited and got what you wanted. I know way to well about being anxious and just buying something "for now" until I get what I want later. That costs and wastes alot of money. Nonetheless, the car looks nice to me. Rushforth's may have been your preference, but I like those too. Trust me, it looks really nice and I love the brushed lips.

Last edited by 214Chevy; 06-10-2012 at 12:34 PM.
Old 06-10-2012, 12:44 PM

Thanks guys,

The wheels are NewGen Anarchy's and tires are Nitto 555's

fronts are 18x8 with 4.75 BS 245/45/R18

rears are 18x10 with 5.75 BS 285/40/R18

The quality and fitment are fine, it was the process that really started to piss me off. For the very marginal difference in price I would have rather done business with a professional.

I had to trim my fender lips a little, as well as remove the wheel well trim. That pic is the day I got the wheels, I have since dropped the stance a little on both the fronts and rears. I may need to do a little more trimming to get the stance any lower in the rear.