Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 02-07-2019, 01:52 PM

Having the lighter colored carpet helps the rest of the interior shine. I think if it was black it would darker the whole interior and not stand out like it does now.
The Following User Says Thank You to SSLance For This Useful Post:
hackster (02-08-2019)
Old 02-07-2019, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSLance View Post
Having the lighter colored carpet helps the rest of the interior shine. I think if it was black it would darker the whole interior and not stand out like it does now.
I agree about the lighter shade carpet helping....
I'm just not feeling the Goldish/Carmel color against the UPS patina-brown material (those are the colors I see from my monitor). I have about that color carpet in my dually.
Old 02-07-2019, 07:26 PM

Sean, your sense of style comes through in your ability to appreciate subtle contrast, or contrast at all in that sense. Most people don't understand contrast, which is why they wind up over-coordinating, which is gross (and worse yet, boring--just Camaro everything) . . .

The dash integration is beautiful!

I don't know if it's your fault or not, but I've been driving (bought) a 1985 BMW (524d) for a few weeks now, and I love it. It will of course get an LS at some point, but whatever; I'm just diggin' the 80s-ness of the thing (no nasty elements of the dinosaur era cars). It's also really nice to drive. I could just blame you, but it's also because my 2001 ate two cylinders.

Keep up the great work!
Old 02-11-2019, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSLance View Post
Lance this is my thoughts exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotI View Post
I agree about the lighter shade carpet helping....
I'm just not feeling the Goldish/Carmel color against the UPS patina-brown material (those are the colors I see from my monitor). I have about that color carpet in my dually.
And you could be totally correct but to be honest I would rather try it and see than to be boring and go to black. If I hate it down the road I can swap it out for another color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustomatic View Post
Sean, your sense of style comes through in your ability to appreciate subtle contrast, or contrast at all in that sense. Most people don't understand contrast, which is why they wind up over-coordinating, which is gross (and worse yet, boring--just Camaro everything) . . .

The dash integration is beautiful!

I don't know if it's your fault or not, but I've been driving (bought) a 1985 BMW (524d) for a few weeks now, and I love it. It will of course get an LS at some point, but whatever; I'm just diggin' the 80s-ness of the thing (no nasty elements of the dinosaur era cars). It's also really nice to drive. I could just blame you, but it's also because my 2001 ate two cylinders.

Keep up the great work!
Dude we are so on the same page. Exactly like you say I like a little contrast. Its honestly about half and half. Basher things it looks like baby puke and hates it. Most of my other buddies are like hell yeah that carpet nails the 80's/ 90's euro look.

Haha....I have done a ton of work on a buddies 83 533i. They are such great driving cars, who would have known how great they drive? I grew up in an 88 535i that my folks bought new in 87. First car I ever did a burnout in. Good car huh?

Thanks for the props. I am going to have a week to kill the first week in May in California would be super cool to meet up with a few of you guys for lunch or Dinner or something.

Ill be in Davis for a big volvo meet, then heading to LS Fest from there.

Very little progress on the car, picked up the deeper dish steering wheel and got it bolted on, much better clearance on the turn and windshield wiper levers.

Also got a bunch of little items buttoned up. Got the clip for the wiper motor installed. Rear passenger seatbelt indicator purchased and installed, final blank plate for the dash installed as well.

Took a little time Friday evening and picked up the hardware for the passenger (Actually it was the drivers seat) and got the seat bolted to the adapter and got it all bolted in.

Aside from a little fix on the carpet and the rear driver window the interior is buttoned up as well as it is going to be for now. Still need to get the door panels in for upholstery but that will happen in a few weeks, will only take him a day to knock them out.

I didnt have a ton of motivation this weekend so I got to stripping off all of the old trim (what was left on the car).

I had 4 of the 6 pieces on the car so popped them all of and got to work pulling the old trim clips.

Its hard to describe but from the time of it sitting around it built up some horrible crud above and below the trim on the paint. I tried everything I could in order to get it off, purple power, rubbing compund, clay bar, hard plastic scraper and I could not make a dent in it. I had a buddies steamer and thought what the hell, cannot hurt so I gave it a shot. Steamer with a brush on it worked amazing. I spent hours on the drivers rear quarter by hand. Had the passenger side all the way down done in 30 mins with the steamer.

You can kind of see what I am talking about in this pic.

Pulled all the logos off.

It was time for this to happen.....passenger side is unpulled/ unrolled.

Drivers side, is rolled, pulled and probably cussed at more than a few times. Front fenders are ****ty repaints so I have not been worried at all about keeping the paint perfect.

Great coverage on a 10" wheel and a 275 clearing the strut with about 1 degree of - camber, should be no problems up front.

Got to work with a little color sanding and lots of polishing. Turd is looking how it should in my head. Shiny but not nice.

This fender is the worst, color doesnt match, paint is all chipped and cracked but its whats on there and it got color sanded and buffed all in the same.

Took Sunday off from all car stuff and played in the snow with the new daily.

I need to button up the trim, install the roll steer correction stuff and bleed brakes and clutch and I could take it for a spin. Getting close.

Sean
Old 02-11-2019, 02:37 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackster View Post
most of my other buddies are like hell yeah that carpet nails the 80's/ 90's euro look.
^^this^^
hackster (02-12-2019)
Old 02-11-2019, 03:10 PM

Hate is a strong word and I don’t think I ever said that...I mean I do, but I don’t think I told you. That would be rude and that’s just not me.

The only good thing about the carpet is I won’t be able to see it while we’re out running around a track. Just get it done.

The Following User Says Thank You to DBasher For This Useful Post:
hackster (02-12-2019)
Old 02-12-2019, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketzer View Post
^^this^^
Haha, thanks for the feedback man, always appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBasher View Post
Hate is a strong word and I don’t think I ever said that...I mean I do, but I don’t think I told you. That would be rude and that’s just not me.

The only good thing about the carpet is I won’t be able to see it while we’re out running around a track. Just get it done.

I could read your hate through your messages, its like my wife, she doesnt have to say it, I just know.

Truer words never spoken, hell if I am doing things right I wont even be able to see it when I am on track

Wheels are ordered and paid for but doesnt look like they will be here by LS Fest. Still excited just a little bit less now.

Happy Tuesday.

Sean
Old 02-12-2019, 05:07 PM

Yo, definitely looking forward to the weather May will bring, probably the coinciding events as well. If I'm around, let's definitely plan something fun--Davis has some good beer and places to eat. My wife lived there for years, doing college and whatnot . . .

I'll probably be attending the following at Sonoma in March: https://www.radwood.co/. Apparently, the '80s are the new '60s, but with Jazzercise and breakdancing . . .
Old 02-12-2019, 05:21 PM

" its like my wife, she doesnt have to say it"

Ha ha ha ha... I can relate

Love the updates!

My 68 Torino
Old 02-12-2019, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackster View Post
I could read your hate through your messages, its like my wife, she doesnt have to say it, I just know.

Sean
So she hates the carpet too? Lol

Looking forward to seeing the wheels, like Jimmy Rushwheel said, it’s a bold move but one that just may work.