Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Transmission and Rear End
User Name
Password

Old 04-17-2015, 11:35 PM

I was seriously wanting these and they're are an extremely great idea and innovative. The part that made the decision for me personally is Cost.

After buying a ford housing with big bearing brackets, JSM brackets, strange axles, rotors etc its probably close to $3000 with no center section . The floaters I've priced (Speedway motors)complete are around $1000 minus the brake calipers,no center section. I know it's not an apples to apples comparison tho. I like yours WAY better.

If the axles and your brackets were priced a little lower Im sure there would be tons of interest. But people have to eat so I understand your r&d,time, money invested. Much respect for you coming up with these and offering them to others.

Last edited by Build-It-Break-it; 04-17-2015 at 11:40 PM.
Old 04-18-2015, 09:15 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Build-It-Break-it View Post
I was seriously wanting these and they're are an extremely great idea and innovative. The part that made the decision for me personally is Cost.

After buying a ford housing with big bearing brackets, JSM brackets, strange axles, rotors etc its probably close to $3000 with no center section . The floaters I've priced (Speedway motors)complete are around $1000 minus the brake calipers,no center section. I know it's not an apples to apples comparison tho. I like yours WAY better.

If the axles and your brackets were priced a little lower Im sure there would be tons of interest. But people have to eat so I understand your r&d,time, money invested. Much respect for you coming up with these and offering them to others.

I understand the cost being an issue for folks, but you should see the budget I am working with trying to bring these innovative designs to life
Just as a reminder though, this "bolt on" set-up was really conceived for folks who have a current housing/suspension brackets that want to take advantage of all the great things this kit offers over their current semi-floater configuration AND a Speedway type floater.

As you mentioned the speedway floater is a lesser dollar amount and a good option, but more for a track oriented car IMO, but as you also mentioned is not really an apple to apple comparison.
My offering is for folks leaning more towards that OEM feel/build that want a quality e-brake set-up, almost zero maintenance, and the ability to service the set-up if need be at most ANY local auto parts store/GM dealership.That you will not duplicate with the budget friendly speedway floater...

Appreciate the input & kind words, and perhaps I should/could offer a group buy which would bring the price down quite a bit. For example if I could get 10 "pre-orders" on both the flanges and axles at the same time, I could then bring the cost down on both the flange ends and axles. Just as a guess (pretty close though), the flanges would be closer to $650 for the pair & the axles at $700 for the pair.....
If anyone would be interested in this price range just let me know on this thread and when we reach 10 sets of both flange ends and axles everyone will be getting a GREAT deal!

Last edited by MillerBuilt; 04-18-2015 at 10:11 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-18-2015, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSM View Post
I appreciate you taking the time to contribute. Although I was hoping to be further along, lack of interest in this product so far has put this low on my priority list even though personally I think it is the best thing since sliced cheese.
Here are a few shots of the first sets. They are bad a$$!
Are you referring to just the bolt-on option or your set-up in general when mentioning putting this low on your priority list? I'm getting ready to pull the rear end out of my car next week and start fitting the wheels. I responded to your PM a week or so ago, so just want to see where things are with this and if it will still be an option?

thanks, Jake
Old 07-11-2015, 03:10 PM

Default Check List

Previously posted info no longer applicable to this product. This kit now fits either New Style (Torino) or Early Style Big Ford Ends.

Last edited by MillerBuilt; 07-07-2016 at 07:29 PM. Reason: modified info
Old 07-13-2015, 11:49 PM

Hi Jay,

Sent you a PM with some questions I have.

Robert
Old 08-14-2015, 09:02 AM

This is a really nice setup. Awesome!
Old 08-15-2015, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Hilliard View Post
This is a really nice setup. Awesome!
Thanks! Another complete kit w/axles was just sold to a gentleman in Virginia. Hopefully we will start seeing some posts from some of these sales to show just how trick this bolt-on kit is.Thanks again for the positive post!

I still think Vince needs to man up and run one of these!
Old 08-16-2015, 08:01 PM

I'm saving up now. . .I'm gonna run one of these with a fabricated 9" housing and then run the Street Tech Performance spindles in the front as well. . .

. . .excited that I finally settled on what I'm gonna run!!!

'97 Chevy Camaro 3.8/M5 coupe
'02 Yamaha R1
'01 Aprilia RS50
'00 Yamaha R6
Old 08-16-2015, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicjoe23 View Post
I'm saving up now. . .I'm gonna run one of these with a fabricated 9" housing and then run the Street Tech Performance spindles in the front as well. . .

. . .excited that I finally settled on what I'm gonna run!!!

Joe - that is great news. I am a HUGE fan of this Bolt-on application as the conversion can take place in a matter of hours! Talk to you soon. Thanks!
Old 08-21-2015, 03:18 PM

Have you tried sourcing another vendor for the axles to bring the cost down from $450 per axle?