Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 03-06-2018, 09:22 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 214Chevelle View Post
It's Lat-G or bust for me. There are lots of other sites. But, in my opinion, most of them are nothing but a lot of bickering, disrespectful and immature audience forums. To me, Lat-G maintains the polar opposite. Here, guys are helpful, doesn't bash or belittle the guy with a mild/mediocre build. No one here talks down, laughs at or talk s#!t to another guy. I've made so many friends here whom I never actually met and if I walked past them in Wal-Mart, I wouldn't even know who they were. I've pm'd guys here and they gave me their cell number and we've had lengthy conversations, helping me out. Some have told me things in confidence and warning me about certain things. I say all this from my persepctive though. You just have to find the right forum for you. Some others are LS1tech.com. Depending, on what you are working on there are truck sites like 68-72chevytrucks.com. Others are trifive.com, camaro5.com, corvetteforum.com. But, as far as old school/muscle cars...Lat-G and protouring.com are about two of the biggest.
My man Marcus !!!
The Following User Says Thank You to DOOM For This Useful Post:
214Chevy (03-10-2018)
Old 03-07-2018, 11:28 AM

I’ve been here with Jody and Stuart and Brent, along with many others here since Lateral-g.net was invented. This is the very best site for pro touring cars, builds and advice I’ve seen. I’m biased of course, but Jody runs a clean show here. No asshats or jerk offs, at least not for long. Vendors are top notch. Honesty is the standard. What more could you ask for?
Old 03-07-2018, 12:22 PM

Lat-G or death.
2004 NASA AIX Mustang LS2 #14
1964 Lincoln Continental
2014 4 tap Keezer
Old 03-07-2018, 12:32 PM

I visit here daily and a torino forum for obvious reasons.

What do I like about this site over all others? Well I like the brotherhood, guys willing to help other guys.

Look at the forums for example...

Investing

Health

Welding

Vendors

i could go on but I will mention what helps me. Guys willing to help me with my car that doesn't even come close to the cars that are on here in expense and style. Guys willing to encourage me with my daily health and well being.
Guys willing to teach me how to lay a bead. Guys that are just helpful all around. The brotherhood comes out in all the posts, the helping, the good natured ribbing, the humor.

Then there is Jody working to keep it all together! Thanks Brother!

Lat-G, pretty damn awesome, thanks for ALL the help guys!
Joe

My 68 Torino
Old 03-07-2018, 01:10 PM

Ditto on what Joe just said. As I mentioned earlier in my previous post about how I've never met any of these guys in person. Well, those same guys have also offered to loan me certain tools and car parts, etc for mock up all on good faith and my word that I'd return it just because I was a member here on Lat-g. As my great grand pappy used to say, "You can't beat that with a stick!"

Last edited by 214Chevy; 03-07-2018 at 01:16 PM.
Old 03-08-2018, 09:16 AM

Thanked 1,077 Times in 385 Posts

The difference in Lat-G is clearly the community. I've been on many other forums - welding - Lotus - racing - big trailers - you name it.... for the most part they all suck. The internet keyboard warriors - non doers - I know everything because a guy I know that knows a guy.... No thanks.

Very hard to find sites you can trust - where the people are real - where friendships are made. We actually all get together at events - at SEMA - and GoodGuys shows - you name it. Even when just doing road trips. I wouldn't say I've ever met/talked to/discussed issues anywhere else where I'd even feel comfortable sharing my email address let alone actually meeting....
Old 03-08-2018, 09:47 AM

Lat-G is my homepage, has been for as many years as I've been a member. The folks on here seem to be the most genuine in their comments and advice. I echo what Marcus says, if you're a longtime member of Lat-G, you are someone who can be trusted.
This and CTSVOwners are about the only car forums I frequent unless I'm looking for specific tech about a repair. I was smitten with Instagram for a moment, but the more "improvements" they make, the more it sucks....

Jeff-
Old 03-08-2018, 11:37 AM

Incredible group of people. I'm beyond grateful for the things I've learned and people I've met. Only wish I could give back half of what I've received.

My Build Thread:
https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=53320
Old 03-09-2018, 10:35 PM

Thanked 1,581 Times in 858 Posts

This by far is my favorite site.

What I like, no scratch that love is everyone is so down to earth. There is no competition just a bunch of people with common interest. I think back to my truck build and the fact that everyone here welcomed it even though it was built to be more of a touring build. You all even helped me spiral out of control and pull me back when I needed it.

The friends I've made on this site will be lifelong and the memories will never be forgotten.

Love you guys and thank to all who work so hard in the back to keep this site going.

Projects - Syborg TT 4.3l v6 Mini-Truck, 2nd Chance Camaro & SLP575 Bumble Bee - 4Sale

Last edited by syborg tt; 03-10-2018 at 06:41 AM.
Old 03-10-2018, 05:40 AM

Default agreed

Well said Marty, couldn't agree more
Lat G guys even like us 'Canadians' ...

lol
Steve
1966 FJ40 R2.8 -SOLD
911 Hotrod - SOLD
2002 Gated 360
Next up - "Killer Piggy"