Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 06-07-2010, 06:31 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Rich I just sent you an e mail to see how it was going. I guess I should have checked here first. lol Is that a GM bumper or aftermarket. I have a GM I hope it fits good.

Old 06-07-2010, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ragtp View Post
I was at a local car show this week end and a guy pulls in with a yellow yenko clone, it had an endura bumper on it and it fit just like mine. Have you ever seen these things fit up perfect? The pic doesn't show it well, its actually the painted edge of the grill isn't at the same level as the bumper between the center and the ends. If I drop the ends then theres a big gap at the ends and they dont fit into the corner pockets. If you guys have this bumper please comment on the fit, this thing beat me up.
Rich
We'll be mounting one up in a couple of weeks - Year One I think. If it doesn't fit, I'd just as soon return it and mod a metal one. I'll let you know...
Old 06-07-2010, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynieZ View Post
Rich I just sent you an e mail to see how it was going. I guess I should have checked here first. lol Is that a GM bumper or aftermarket. I have a GM I hope it fits good.
Its an aftermarket, Im pretty confused at this point, Ive had people tell me they fit like crap from the factory as well. I guess if your a real talented body guy you could probably re-shape just about anything and make it fit perfect. I just flat out don't have the skills to make this one fit any better. Like Flash911 said reshaping a metal one is an option and since I can weld it may be my only option. I think Im going to move forward, perhaps taking it to some ones shop might also be another way.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:11 PM

marquez has a glass one but im not sure if it ready for retail yet. the car i seen it on fit real good

1970 1/2 rs z28...pro-touring?...i wish...soon?
Old 06-07-2010, 10:44 PM

I was thinking of looking at the aluminum one from ( I think it AMD ) the guys who make the aluminum front sheet metal. Mark is using one on the Blue bomber.

Old 06-08-2010, 08:18 AM

Thanked 1,546 Times in 850 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ragtp View Post
Thanks Marty- I was able to get the wheels back to forgeline, they were able to machine the mounting pads a decent amount. Should have them back in the next couple days. If Im still not happy with the space I will give you a holler. Appreciate the offer- Rich

Your welcome - just shoot me an e-mail if you need me

Projects - Syborg TT 4.3l v6 Mini-Truck, 2nd Chance Camaro & SLP575 Bumble Bee - 4Sale
Old 06-08-2010, 09:40 AM

Thumbs up

Sorry about the fitment issues. Car does look good though!
GOOD LUCK & keep us posted.
Old 06-13-2010, 04:44 PM

I finally got to install this humongus tank, had to cut a huge hole in the inner fender well. I did it with a dremel and composite blades, believe it or not, three blades did the job. Easy to cut curves with out having to take out the monster air tools. here's a few pics.
Ive been trying to find out which port on the ls7 oil pan is the supply(front or rear) and which one is the return. If any of you guys know please let me in on it, I must have searched four different sites and couldn't find anythng. I beilieve the top port on the resivoir is the catch can the next one down is the oil return and the bottom goes to the supply. Just need to know what each one is at the pan.

Thanks Rich
Old 06-13-2010, 05:43 PM

Keep em comin Rich !!! Lookin good!!!!
Old 07-17-2010, 06:27 PM

I made a little more progress, takes forever to do things when you can barely walk around the car. I need my head examined for doing this in these conditions. Ok enough bitch'n. Got the rear bumper bolted up, installed the column, pedal assy and electronic gas pedal , parking brake, installed the rear brake line and had inline tube make me a few lines from some templates I bent up. Im not very good with the flaring tool, so I just bend the lines and send them over to inline, BTW very nice people to work with. Hydratech hydroboost and clutch slave and resivoir are in. I used the autowire classic update harness.

Gas tank went in with no suprises, I talked with Hector last night from Ricks, what a nice guy, couldn't be more helpful.

Rich