Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Off Topic Forums
User Name
Password

Old 02-03-2013, 07:07 AM

Default "American Sniper" Chris Kyle fatally shot...

I am so pissed after reading this http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...id=msnhp&pos=1

I read his book which was one of the best reads I've had in a long time. The guy survives 4 tours in the sh*thole of the world and meets his demise like this!!

Old 02-03-2013, 07:46 AM

Thanks for posting you were pissed. I was pissed and disgusted!! He gave back a lot to the soliders after retirement.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
Thanks for posting you were pissed. I was pissed and disgusted!! He gave back a lot to the soliders after retirement.
Thanks, I'm ex-military myself, so no matter which branch of service... you still feel like you lost a member of an extended family.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:31 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Anyone know a motive? I just read the news about him being killed but it was short on the details. Really unfortunate that he died this way. Reminds me of a customer I had. He served at least two tours in Iraq as a F16 pilot only to come home and die in a car accident.

Current rides: 2000 BMW 540i/6 and 86 C10.

Former ride: 1979 Trans Am WS6: LT1/T56, Kore 3 C5/6 brakes, BMW 18in rims
Old 02-03-2013, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSSix View Post
Anyone know a motive? I just read the news about him being killed but it was short on the details. Really unfortunate that he died this way. Reminds me of a customer I had. He served at least two tours in Iraq as a F16 pilot only to come home and die in a car accident.
Trey, I posted this story over on NastyZ28.com and got this as 1 response, which makes it even more sad:

Quote:
WFAA/Channel 8 quoted unnamed sources as saying that Kyle of Midlothian and a neighbor had taken Routh on an outing to help him deal with post-traumatic stress disorder. Routh turned on the men and shot them in the back, the report added.
Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/02...#storylink=cpy
Old 02-03-2013, 09:27 AM

Thanked 1,076 Times in 384 Posts

I read this as well.... and was pissed as well! This is one more senseless act that will add fodder to the anti gun crowd... and way beyond that - it is just a ridiculous senseless act. Words can't describe ones feelings sometimes.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by protour73 View Post
Trey, I posted this story over on NastyZ28.com and got this as 1 response, which makes it even more sad:
Thanks. I've got two former Army guys that work with me. Both served in Iraq. The one twice with a stint in Afghanistan too. Both officially suffer from PTSD though not terribly by their own accounts. One was communications and the other a sniper, Infantry, Ranger, Special Forces, etc. We've talked about it during long jobs. Their stories of over reacting/reacting to different stimuli from family and friends. I've learned the proper way to awaken a soldier that's served, ie nudge their feet and never touch them or shake them awake. The comm guy once knocked the crap out of his sister in law and broke her nose because she pushed him on his shoulders to awaken him while he was asleep on his stomach. He had only returned a couple months earlier. They are both good guys and not on edge or dangerous but both readily admit there are things that just scare the crap out of them and cause them to flash back or react. The SF guy nearly dove under his truck in the parking lot at work when it backfired unexpectedly. Fun to laugh at in some situations but also damn serious when you realize the crap they had to go through in order to have that type of immediate reaction.

Current rides: 2000 BMW 540i/6 and 86 C10.

Former ride: 1979 Trans Am WS6: LT1/T56, Kore 3 C5/6 brakes, BMW 18in rims
Old 02-04-2013, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSSix View Post
I've read that him and a buddy were trying to help the guy.. he suffered from PTSD. That seems like a real problem along with the medications and suicides. Sad story indeed.