Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Off Topic Forums
User Name
Password

Old 08-07-2012, 04:51 AM

Default Something I thought you should all be aware of...

I just got to watch this video tonight when I came home from work and I got moved to tears.

http://youtu.be/x3Vh53KMPSs

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourrideishere.org

Having cancer is difficult...
Getting to treatment shouldn’t be.

Your Ride is Here was established to provide transportation to and from treatment for those fighting cancer at no charge to the patient or healthcare provider. Our goal is to help patients focus on recovery by eliminating the anxiety and stress associated with getting to their appointments.

As a community-based program, we rely completely on volunteer drivers and donations from individuals, foundations, clubs and corporations. By working directly with social workers and staff from treatment centers, we remove the frustration, time and worry associated with finding a ride.

http://www.yourrideishere.org/
My father and grandmother are both cancer survivors and my uncle Dennis lost his fight with cancer a little over 3 years ago. I'm going to do more research on the program, but knowing the group here in Lat-g and some of the awesome people you are with equally awesome cars, I thought maybe I would pass it along and update as I get more information.

As for myself, I am currently in the process of rebuilding and prototyping a 3.5L i5 for my GMC Canyon that will make over 500hp and the first ride will not be on a racetrack, winding road, or even a blast down the freeway. No, now, that first drive is reserved for the first person I can help get to treatment...

Facebook Page

Website

Old 08-07-2012, 08:18 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Good stuff

Current rides: 2000 BMW 540i/6 and 86 C10.

Former ride: 1979 Trans Am WS6: LT1/T56, Kore 3 C5/6 brakes, BMW 18in rims