Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > LSX Conversions
User Name
Password

Old 03-19-2018, 04:45 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

I have the Mast oilpan in my car (69 camar0) with DSE subframe and fits no problem. I trimmed my quicktime bellhousing to not have it hanging a lip down below the pan as shown above.

William
2018 GMC Denali HD
Old 03-19-2018, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by will69camaro View Post
I have the Mast oilpan in my car (69 camar0) with DSE subframe and fits no problem. I trimmed my quicktime bellhousing to not have it hanging a lip down below the pan as shown above.

William
I will probably trim the bell housing flush with the oil pan as well. I do want to be careful though as to not void the SFI rating. Luckily the bottom of the bellhousing still sits up higher than the frame rails so it would be pretty much impossible for it to bottom out either way.
Old 03-19-2018, 10:45 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65 Drop Top View Post
I will probably trim the bell housing flush with the oil pan as well. I do want to be careful though as to not void the SFI rating. Luckily the bottom of the bellhousing still sits up higher than the frame rails so it would be pretty much impossible for it to bottom out either way.
Yea i wasn't as worried about the SFI rating and i'm not sure what it does for that. I know i wasn't comfortable with the idea of something snagging it and ****canning my $5k billet geared trans. I'll live with whatever SFI says about it, i'm not racing this thing professionally.
2018 GMC Denali HD
Old 03-26-2018, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65 Drop Top View Post
Bowler has a QuickTime bell housing that is only offered by them that is already flat at the bottom. Mine fit great so I didn't need to cut it like on a regular one
Old 03-29-2018, 01:04 PM

The Mast and Holley are both nice pans, I see that DSE shows the GM Camaro pan # 12628771 will work. Given that you have to buy the windage tray, pick-up tube and dip stick regardless of what pan you buy, is there a reason why I would go with the Mast or Holley pan over the GM?? The GM pan is quite a bit less expensive...... Thoughts??
Old 03-30-2018, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by classiccamaro View Post
The Mast and Holley are both nice pans, I see that DSE shows the GM Camaro pan # 12628771 will work. Given that you have to buy the windage tray, pick-up tube and dip stick regardless of what pan you buy, is there a reason why I would go with the Mast or Holley pan over the GM?? The GM pan is quite a bit less expensive...... Thoughts??
The Mast pan comes with a pick up tube and uses the stock windage tray.

I don't see any reason not to use the f body oil pan, as long as it fits the chassis and allows for adequate ground clearance. You could probably find a used pan pretty cheap too.

Check out some of the build pictures on DSE's website, they usually show pictures of the bottom side of the cars. Look and see what pans they use on their sub frame.
Old 03-31-2018, 12:01 AM

DSE also says you can use Corvette pan 12624617 which is lower profile than the f body pan if you need additional ground clearance. I like how the Vette pan has cast in internal baffles.
Old 03-31-2018, 02:51 PM

Holley pan (302-1...maybe -2 and -3 as well) comes with pickup tube, and utilizes Oem windage tray as well. Works with Oem dipstick as well.
Regardless of what pan you go with, always check your pickup to pan clearance with modeling clay. It’s easy to do and takes maybe 5 minutes. Too much or too little clearance can cause oiling issues.
70 velle' on custom chassis w/custom RideTech coilovers, RED sleeved 434” with Mamo 265’s, F-body Magnum, 12 bolt 3:73, wilwood 6/4's, bla, bla, bla...build. thread https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=39631
New 434” engine build here https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...ved-block.html

Thanks Dad!!

My Chevelle is old school... It has a belt driven power steering pump.
They're 17's, but I keep em clean!
Old 03-31-2018, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by classiccamaro View Post
IF you are looking for a 302-2, I just posted one for sale in the "for sale" area.
Project Build
Old 04-01-2018, 06:31 PM

Holley makes a lot of great parts in order to swap these LS engines. I would use their oil pan but I am going to use the oil pan from MAST since it will clear the stroke on an LS7.

If you check their website, it says out of stock, but in an email I sent to them, they said they should be back in stock at the end of April.

Good luck!