Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Off Topic Forums
User Name
Password

Old 02-21-2018, 12:46 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Greg I don't care what they call it your better now and that's what matters and I'm glad to hear it. One big problem is for anyone in the same situation they won't try this to save them. I'm so glad to hear some great new right now I need to hear this. So glad for you and the family.

Old 02-21-2018, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
Just flying home from Scottsdale Mayo Clinic after another round of CT scans, blood draws, consultations and all the waiting around that goes with that. Ugh.

They continue to tell me I’m cancer free... and that I had to be misdiagnosed. Whatever. They have no idea what I might have had that would mimic bile duct cancer, but refuse to believe that without “treatment” I could be cancer free. Okay. LOL

I’m now and will be forever stuck with these permanent stents which require constant intervention to keep the bile flowing... mind you... this requires flights to Scottsdale.... dogs in the kennel... hotel room expense etc. By April I will have
Been there at least once per month since December. I had an ECRP in January and am scheduled for another one in March. Easy right? They’re 3 hour surgical procedures... and cost $50,000+ per.

A friend of mine used to say "If money can fix it, it's not a problem". I'm sure you agree Greg.
There are countless people on this forum that are glad you are going to be around for the foreseeable future.

Best!

'69 Camaro / 534 BBC / DSE Built
'67 C10 / LS-3 Magnuson / Roadster Shop Chassis
Old 02-21-2018, 09:03 PM

Thanked 1,076 Times in 384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69hugger View Post
A friend of mine used to say "If money can fix it, it's not a problem". I'm sure you agree Greg.
There are countless people on this forum that are glad you are going to be around for the foreseeable future.

Best!

Thanks for the kind words Bill..... right now -- what I really have, is a plumbing issue. The surgeons seem to think (they're just guessing) that they can continue to clean the stents out for "awhile".... basically we'll continue this course "until they can't". Nobody will know when that is. At that point - my only option will be what's called "The Whipple". Surgeon said straight up - they won't do that until my only other choice is death. Apparently it's not a great surgery -- lots of complications - digestive issues etc. The surgery is "easy" - but the post op is a problem.

Right now --- I'm just about two years "after death" --- and my plan is to stretch this out as long as I can!! LOL I do truly appreciate the extra time I can tell ya!
Old 02-24-2018, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
I haven't posted much in here - because I don't want the thread to be about "me" --- I want it to be more about help for someone that is searching for answers to a very deadly disease.... My particular problem seems to have disappeared.... so far so good!!

But check this could of videos out!! This young lady happens to be a cousin of someone many of us Lat-G'r's know and love.... and when I was asked to forward "what I had done" - I gladly did so! Now --- watch the first video to see.. this poor young thing wasting away.... and then watch the second video after a HUGE amount of chemo / radiation / surgery.... and you know what...

Crap, I finally made time to watch the second video and it's not available any longer.
Old 02-24-2018, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSLance View Post
Crap, I finally made time to watch the second video and it's not available any longer.

She's revised the video ---- I changed / edited my post -- and here's the revised version

Old 02-24-2018, 11:40 PM

Greg, yours is truly a great story...what a life, keep on racin'
Old 03-27-2018, 07:33 PM

Well ---- as many of you know --- I've been going to the Mayo Clinic about every three months for getting my roto rooter treatment.... each time they do biopsies of my bile duct and they've never found any cancer....

I was originally diagnosed May of 2016 --

At my January clean out -- they did some CT Scans -- and after doing the normal one - they called me back for another CT scan which looked at a different region because they had seen some "spots" on my lungs -- and they've been monitoring a couple lymph nodes.

So this visit -- last week - they did the usual roto rooter -- and took some biopsies of the lymph nodes - which the surgeon described as "worrisome".

Sadly -- they are more than worrisome -- they came back as positive for cancer. It's Adenocarcinoma

Cancer is like this --- it goes away -- only to strike somewhere else. Crazy - but we all hear this all the time.

While I will meet with the Oncologist at the Mayo ---- I doubt I'll use their treatment..... The THC/CBD oil I did last time -- (when I was MUCH MUCH sicker and had been given the death sentence) -- kicked that bad boys ass... So why not give it a go once again.

I share this here -- because once again - it will be interesting to see what happens. If it works again -- it will be further evidence that there's more than just poison (Chemo) to fight this crap with.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GregWeld For This Useful Post:
96z28ss (03-29-2018), BMR Sales (03-28-2018), camcojb (03-28-2018), fleetus macmullitz (06-13-2018), shelteredV (04-02-2018), Ummgawa (04-02-2018)
Old 03-27-2018, 07:44 PM

Truly admirable the way you have handled this situation Greg. You have fought it head on by some what unconventional means while educating and sharing with all.. class act . No need for best wishes , just go and kick some cancer ass..
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to frankv11 For This Useful Post:
Che70velle (03-28-2018), fleetus macmullitz (03-27-2018), GregWeld (03-27-2018), Ron Sutton (03-27-2018), waynieZ (03-27-2018), WILWAXU (03-28-2018)
Old 03-27-2018, 07:47 PM

We are here for you buddy!! Sorry to hear about the diagnosys. Way too much of this kind of news lately. Let me know if I can help out in any way.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SSLance For This Useful Post:
Che70velle (03-28-2018), GregWeld (03-27-2018), Ron Sutton (03-27-2018), WILWAXU (03-28-2018)
Old 03-27-2018, 09:05 PM

Prayers to you Greg, you will be beat it again!!