Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > EFI and Forced Induction
User Name
Password

Old 09-05-2006, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedster
Who NEEDS 1000 hp ? No one.
Who WANTS 1000 hp ? Some do, some don't.
Why 1000 hp ? Because you can.
Some need it. It the track(dragstrip) you need all you can get, especially with a heavy car. It also depends on what you actually do with the car. Some like to drag race, some like to pull top end in challanges like the one for hotrod. Doing that stuff, 1000 hp does not go to far these days. Heck, my closest is trapping 175 at the track, figure that out power wise in a 3500 lb car!! It really all depends what the goals are for the car.

1000 hp...... That is a common number because it is easily achievable with 93 octane, with race gas, the same car can make 1200-1500 hp at the push of a button!! So really, any turbo car with a built bottom end is a 1000 hp motor if you turn up the boost.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:30 PM

I need to learn more about turbo's.....

Don't they need lots of spooling to be fun on the street?

Nitro, tell us more on your set up. I have a 30 000 miles 98 LS1 on the shop floor i need ideas what to do to it! 6-700 horses would do the trick for me!

I looked at Prochargers P1-SC....Why would i prefer turbos to a supercharger?

Lead.

(oh yeah! i saw that vid of your car....First, I need to say i agreed with others;i would not have had my 2 girls (2 and 4) that close...BUT WOW!!!! It sure kicks ass!)

I lost the link...care to run it again?

New for summer '13. My latest find!!

48k miles, 100% original, 1969 Camaro coupe. Untouched, never apart and squeaky clean!!! 327/th350, A/C car. Gold on black w/vinyl top. Only add ons; Fast ratio box and SS396 wheels.

FINALLY!!! A car without rust repairs ever!!! None before, none coming!!! Cant come to modifying it tough....

...So, '67 Camaro project with my laying around stuff out of my black 'vert. 468 BB and YSI blower, braked th400, 12 bolt/spool, 35 splines etc. Complete Calvert suspension front and rear. 30x13.5 ET Streets, caged, lightened, slammed and running low 9's "Street car"
Old 09-05-2006, 09:39 PM

Twin 60-1 hi fi turbos are nice and small(1000 hp capability) and would work great on your motor. My boost comes on at 2500 rpm. There really is no "lag" with 450 hp on tap without the turbos. Turbos are the most efficient and you quietest, reliable, and get the best mileage, but you have to find a kit, or be willing to do alot of labor. Procharger D1sc will make the same power (1000 hp) maxed out, but will not be as efficient, but is an easier bolt on. I went with turbos because I wanted the ultimate and wanted this to be the last setup I had to build for the car. I had alot of motors before I figured out that turbos are the way to go. I just wish I would have done this 5 motor swaps ago!!

And for the vid, My wife zoomed WAY in, that made me look REAL close, but I wasn't.

The latest street video:

Click here to see Video

An old dyno video wwith low boost and smaller turbos:

Click here to see Video