Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Chassis and Suspension
User Name
Password

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-03-2017, 05:45 AM

Default 1969 camaro suspension choice

Hello I hate to ask this question but I have been doing research and don't really know my answer yet. I have a 1969 Camaro, just the body, freshly painted with a stock freshly painted subframe. I will be putting a ls3 blown in the car with a 6spd. It will be used for weekend driving, no autocross or racing events but I like to drive hard and have a well handling car. I was looking at Speedtech stuff, roadster shop stuff, DSE and ridetech. I am leaning towards the roadster shop spec chassis because of the price. I can get the chassis for around $13,000 with the options I want and the rear end already on the chassis. I also like the fact that it is full frame so it can support the horsepower I will be putting in the car. The speedtech stuff looks great but after doing it all will probly be in the 20k range. The ridetech stuff is nice but with the options and rear end, it'll be almost at where the roadster shop chassis is and Id rather just buy that. DSE, that's also in the high teen to 20 range with all options. This is not a show car so I really don't care what it looks like under the car, they will all look good once done. I just want the car to handle the horsepower and handle good. Any suggestions from your experience would be very greatly appreciated. Also the car will be mini tubed. Thank You