Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Trucks
User Name
Password

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-06-2013, 07:19 PM

After many weeks of migraines, road trips, migraines, house work, migraines, cleaning out the storage are of the garage, migraines, rearranging the guest bedroom, migraines, and working on my father's '59 Impala project, I am finally back to work. Besides all the other stuff going on, I have also been plagued with a bunch of migraines. Did I mention that?

Anyway, without further ado, here goes the progress...

As you may recall, I had to modify the hood latch mechanism to clear the new radiator placement. I purchased a hood latch lever and cable system from Lokar and installed it. Works like a champ!

I was able to modify the original hood latch lever assembly to use as the bracket for the new lever assembly.

With the new heat-A/C system, there is plenty room up behind the passenger side of the dash. A few brackets, and some careful measuring, and we have a place to mount the ECM, TCM, Engine Management Fuse Panel, Auxiliary Fuse Panel, CB Radio, Remote Start Module, Keyless Entry Module, and... I think that's it... maybe...

I also mounted the passenger side defroster duct (the old style to go with the old style dash pad). I had to modify it a bit, but it works quite well now. I still need to make manifolds to connect the ducts to the Heater Box.

Under the hood, I mounted the Fan Control Module.

And the Auxiliary Battery Control Module

On the roof I got the CB Antenna and Scanner Antenna mounted.

In between migraines and other assorted distractions, I finished the radio panel. The upper hole is for the head unit w/GPS. The bottom is for the CB radio face. The toggles are for all manner of stuff. I have different labels coming as I don't like the way these look.