Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Help, Feedback and Testing > Vendor/Member Feedback
User Name
Password

Old 02-25-2012, 09:27 AM

Thumbs down unhappy with Air Ride customer service

I ordered an air ride controller dec 21st from perry at PTS while air ride was having their december sale thing. For whatever reason (PTS or Air Ride), Air Ride didn't have any record of my order til jan 8-13. Thats what the Air Ride guy (danny) told me. First, is this normal for an order to come in over a week's time? Whatever. I was told my order was being drop shipped from air ride but perry kept in touch with me all along. Well, about a week or two ago when all this air ride/pts stuff blew up, perry told me that, my order did not go in to Air Ride until early january because they weren't taking orders the last week of december and the first week of january. If that's true, is that normal procedure for a manufacturer? Sounds odd to not take orders for any period of time, but maybe it's just me. Anyway, so i get a contact at Air Ride (danny) and they have my order, im told im waiting on a compressor. Fine. I express my displeasure (not my first trouble w/Air Ride--ask me why i waited over 6 months for my struts), and he says call back next week. Call back? Isn't it incumbent on him to call me??? I'm the customer that's been waiting 2 months now. According to Air Ride (bret) this rarely if ever happens. Well i guess I'm just lucky because I'm 2 for 2 with Air Ride. My main gripe is with how Air Ride's policy seems to be you call us if you want to know what's happening with your order. I talked to Danny about a week and a half ago and he hasn't followed up. At least call me to tell me something. Anything. Like i said, i could believe this was an isolated incident if it didn't happen to me before. I made Danny aware of the problems I had with them in the past but i seemed to go in one ear and out the other. The kicker to all this is, i'm not in any hurry for the controller, i just want a little customer service.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:18 AM
Supporting Vendor

Your friend Perry Price at PTS has given you incorrect information. Ridetech was closed completely on Dec. 26 and Dec. 30...the Monday and Friday of the week between Christmas and New Years so our employees could celebrate those holidays. The rest of that week we had at least two guys on the phones to accept orders and answer tech questions. We shipped only "emergency" orders that week as the shipping department and production department were doing our annual inventory. We returned to full normal operation on Monday, Jan. 4. Perry had no lack of opportunity to place an order.

About 2 weeks ago I terminated the PTS RideTech dealership because Perry was taking people's money and delaying or avoiding placing the order with us [and several other manufacturers]. I told him we would honor his existing orders ...if he paid for them. We were holding 5 orders at that time. Last Wednesday, February 22, we gave him until Friday to resolve this or we would put those products back in stock and attempt to contact his customers to get them taken care of directly. That deadline has now passed with no payment from PTS. Since Perry had his orders shipped directly to him and didn't share his customers contact info, these forums are likely the only way to contact his end customer to attempt resolution.

As for your AirStrut order from weeks/months/years ago…we still do not know who you are. Danny Coultas talked to you a couple of weeks ago as one of Perry’s customers, but didn’t get direct contact information. If you will give him a quick call back we would like to get your specific information so we can attempt to get your situation resolved.

Specifically…we are still waiting on compressors, and the resolution is still quite some distance in the future. Here is the letter that I sent to our affected customers last week: http://www.ridetech.com/qr/email/

You won't find a "little" customer service at my company. You will find a lot. At many companies you would have encountered an accounts receivable person who would have explained that they had no order from you…weren’t at liberty to discuss a dealer’s status…you will have to contact a dealer to place an order…etc. These situations [and even backorder situations in general] are rare enough that we do not have a “process” for them…we treat each case individually. It is my belief that if you have time to develop a “process” for handling backorders, you have time to resolve the backorder problem in the first place. Myself and my staff of 40 hotrodders take your order, and the support of it, just as seriously as you do.

I know the situation with PTS is a mess. I can only offer an apology to you for not identifying this problem sooner…before you invested your money with Perry. Now we have to identify who our affected customers are and try to get them parts. The fact that Perry has taken their money, but not paid us, has magnified the problem. I do not have a solution for that. Most people who are in this position will not necessarily come forward with that information on a forum because they are still trying to collect a refund from him and don’t want to jeopardize that activity. I can appreciate that situation…I have attempted to collect money for the last several weeks. That didn’t happen. Now all I can do is post some info on the PTS order contents and encourage those customers to call us directly to re-order. Look for that info shortly in another thread.
Air Ride Technologies, Inc.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:09 PM
Supporting Vendor

I appreciate everyones support...and do not take it lightly. We would not have that support if we had not earned it in some context over the years.

As I have posted elsewhere, I am very allergic to airing one's dirty laundry in public, but my allergy is second to the need for accurate and relevant information. It pains me to see customers struggle to get parts they've already paid for, and service to get them installed and working correctly...especially from anyone who RideTech is associated with.

I also appreciate the scope of the problem that Scott, Jody, and the other moderators face with complaints and comments about vendors and manufacturers. As an opinion, I think these comments, when made by the affected parties, are useful, needed and should flow mostly uncensored. I also think they could be contained within their own section so those who do not want/need to see them don't have to be exposed to negative activity. [remember, this is fun, right?]
I further think that participation witin this feedback section should be limited to the affected parties...the customer and the vendor or manufacturer. Others chiming in does more to inflame the opposing party, and does not seem to help resolve these problems.
I've likely already said too much...I will now return to the task of finding compressors, building more shocks...and seeing if we can get PTS customers taken care of.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:21 PM

Bret-
i called darren today. Left a message and haven't heard back from him yet. Is he going to tell me anything different from what you just posted?
Old 02-28-2012, 05:49 AM

Bret if you want to call me, I left my number on darren's voice mail yesterday with my name and #. Tony Bicknell was my contact for my strut problem in the past, i understand he doesn't work there anymore but maybe you can find some records that way. The struts were part of a fatman suspension kit and were drop shipped by ride tech. Get back to me. Thanks
Old 02-28-2012, 08:24 AM
Supporting Vendor

Sounds like you and Darren have talked this morning. He indicated to me that when you get your money back from Perry that we will convert that order to your name and ship directly to you. We are filling compressor orders in chronological order, but I will have your order tagged with your original order date from PTS. That should get you a compressor yet this week, pending availability of compressors and getting your refund from PTS.
I'm sorry this is so hard...its hard for us as well. We'll all get through it. Thanks for your patience to this point!
Old 02-28-2012, 08:36 AM

I went from being merely being unhappy to being absolutely livid. 2 weeks when I talked to danny I was under the impression that I in fact did have an order with air ride with my name on it. This morning I find out that I don't. And now I have to get my money back from perry at
pts, then if I want to re can do it direct. What happened t
wo weeks ago?
Old 02-28-2012, 08:59 AM
Administrator

Thanked 1,443 Times in 625 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacnac View Post
I went from being merely being unhappy to being absolutely livid. 2 weeks when I talked to danny I was under the impression that I in fact did have an order with air ride with my name on it. This morning I find out that I don't. And now I have to get my money back from perry at
pts, then if I want to re can do it direct. What happened t
wo weeks ago?
I'm not going to speak for Bret, but it sounds like Perry never paid for your parts. I am not sure what his (PTS) deal was with Ridetech, but he may have been able to order your parts (compressor was backordered so they held the entire order) and when they shipped he had to make payment. That would be normal for a dealer that did not have an open account; pay when the order ships. In this case the payment could be delayed because they were waiting on parts to complete the kit. From your earlier post in this thread that was how I interpreted things; that PTS had placed the order but they were waiting on PTS to pay so they could ship. That is what Bret said in his response. So having an order for you and having been paid for it are two different things.

If so, that's a bad situation, but not Ridetechs fault that PTS took your money but didn't pay for your parts with it. We have other members waiting on thousands of dollars in refunds from PTS, so the entire deal sucks. I would think if Perry had paid Ridetech for any portion of your parts then they would send those, or credit you that money towards your order.

PAST CAR PROJECTS

Like Lateral-G on Facebook!

Follow Lateral-G on Instagram!

SPECIAL THANKS TO:
Jacob Ehlers and Amsoil for the lubricants and degreasers for my 70 Chevelle project
Shannon at Modo Innovations for the cool billet DBW bracket
Roadster Shop for their Chevelle SPEC Chassis
Dakota Digital for their Chevelle HDX Gauge Package
Painless Performance for their wiring harness

Ron Davis Radiators for their radiator and fan assembly.
Baer Brakes for their front and rear brakes

Texas Speed and Performance for their 427 LS Stroker
American Powertrain for their ProFit Magnum T56 kit
Currie Enterprises for their 9" Third Member
Forgeline for their GF3 Wheels
McLeod Racing for their RXT street twin clutch
Ididit for their steering column
Holley for their EFI and engine parts
Lokar and Clayton Machine for their pedals and door and window handles
Morris Classic Concepts for their 3 point belts and side mirrors
Thermotec for their heat sleeve and sound deadening products
Restomod Air for their Tru Mod A/C kit
Mightymouse Solutions for their catch can
Magnaflow for their 3" exhaust system
Aeromotive for their dual Phantom fuel system
Vintage Air for their new Mid Mount LS front drive
Hydratech Braking for their hydroboost system
Borgeson for their stainless steering shaft and u joints
Eddie Motorsports for their hood and trunk hinges and misc parts
TMI Products for their seats, door panels, and dash pad
Rock Valley Antique Auto Parts for their stainless fuel tank

Last edited by camcojb; 02-28-2012 at 10:27 AM.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:38 PM

paid for or not, they can send them because they don't have em. The point is moot now i guess.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:45 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,443 Times in 625 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacnac View Post
paid for or not, they can send them because they don't have em. The point is moot now i guess.
Let's give Bret a chance to respond. According to him Perry at PTS did not pay for any of your items. Bret also said that compressors were coming in this week, and he would give you your original spot in line, but somebody has to pay for the parts. I think he has everything else in stock.

PAST CAR PROJECTS

Like Lateral-G on Facebook!

Follow Lateral-G on Instagram!

SPECIAL THANKS TO:
Jacob Ehlers and Amsoil for the lubricants and degreasers for my 70 Chevelle project
Shannon at Modo Innovations for the cool billet DBW bracket
Roadster Shop for their Chevelle SPEC Chassis
Dakota Digital for their Chevelle HDX Gauge Package
Painless Performance for their wiring harness

Ron Davis Radiators for their radiator and fan assembly.
Baer Brakes for their front and rear brakes

Texas Speed and Performance for their 427 LS Stroker
American Powertrain for their ProFit Magnum T56 kit
Currie Enterprises for their 9" Third Member
Forgeline for their GF3 Wheels
McLeod Racing for their RXT street twin clutch
Ididit for their steering column
Holley for their EFI and engine parts
Lokar and Clayton Machine for their pedals and door and window handles
Morris Classic Concepts for their 3 point belts and side mirrors
Thermotec for their heat sleeve and sound deadening products
Restomod Air for their Tru Mod A/C kit