Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 10-19-2019, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmachine1911 View Post
Rear seat fabrication...
Hi Shane, just looked through your build thread from the beginning. Wow!
I have a couple questions that I hope you will help me with.
What kind of undercoating did you use? And how did you build the rear seat? Did you build off the factory metal frame or is it all foam? I need exactly what you have built for my 64 nova. I’m sure I can handle the foam shaping part but the rest I need a plan on lol Thanks! Chad.
Old 10-20-2019, 12:43 AM

I really like the look of that console.I'm not running one in my 69 but had been thinking about something along those lines.Yours looks great...nice work
Old 10-20-2019, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highroller54 View Post
Hi Shane, just looked through your build thread from the beginning. Wow!
I have a couple questions that I hope you will help me with.
What kind of undercoating did you use? And how did you build the rear seat? Did you build off the factory metal frame or is it all foam? I need exactly what you have built for my 64 nova. I’m sure I can handle the foam shaping part but the rest I need a plan on lol Thanks! Chad.
Hey Chad, no problem, glad to answer any questions you have. The coating I used is the Upol Raptorliner. It’s bedliner and sprays on very nicely. If I recall correctly, I sprayed it at about 80 psi which gave me a very fine texture but you can experiment with lower pressures to get the texture you want. I did use the rear seat frame but it’s been modified for mini tub clearance and then I took the car to Shane Lisle at Sewn Tight Interiors in Louisville, KY and he worked his magic to make it match the front Recaros. Per my request, he removed the springs from the rear seat back to make it much thinner then it was originally since I’m running a roll bar and still wanted to have the ability to use the rear seat for my teenage boys. It actually sits quite comfortable but the legroom is severely limited so It doesn’t see much use. The 67 Nova I’m building wont have a roll bar in it for that reason, so it’ll be more of a “family car”!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Pratt View Post
I really like the look of that console.I'm not running one in my 69 but had been thinking about something along those lines.Yours looks great...nice work
Thank you, Dave! I had never run a console before in all the years I’ve owned the car but after getting it on the road and doing longer road trips, I started to appreciate the need for having some extra space to keep my junk!

Link to my 68 Camaro build thread:
https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php?t=56387

Link to my 67 Nova build thread:
https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php?t=57769
Old 10-21-2019, 12:32 AM

Awesome Shane, thank you!
The Following User Says Thank You to Highroller54 For This Useful Post:
Gmachine1911 (10-21-2019)
Old 12-23-2019, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Hey John, thanks for the input, I hadn't thought about that but I'm liking the sound of it! That would also allow me to still use the seatbelt holder area for cell phone storage while driving, too...something I didn't wanna give up for cup holders but hadn't worked out yet either. I'll roll that around in my head and try to come up with something. It reminds me of those cup holders my Dad had in his truck when I was a kid, you know, those cheap plastic ones that hung on the door panel between the glass! Maybe we can bring those back in style, a more refined version
Missed your post, glad the measurements helped... this is the only cupholder setup I've found off the shelf for the console. Could easily be improved by putting hinges on it so it can be flipped up for easy access below:
https://www.camarocentral.com/1968_1..._p/con-886.htm

1968 Camaro SS
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ADY For This Useful Post:
Corey R. (12-24-2019), Gmachine1911 (12-27-2019)
Old 12-27-2019, 10:32 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Sugar Shane,

didn't know you were on here! got to page 26 of you build, I'll have to finish later, awesome car, great design,

70 Nova SS street racer, ugly,
Old 12-27-2019, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve68 View Post
Sugar Shane,

didn't know you were on here! got to page 26 of you build, I'll have to finish later, awesome car, great design,
Hey Steve, too funny! You never know where I’ll turn up Glad you’re enjoying the thread and thanks for tuning in!

The Following User Says Thank You to Gmachine1911 For This Useful Post:
Steve68 (12-27-2019)
Old 02-13-2020, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Alright, got some time this evening to wrench on the car and made some good progress! Got several big items checked off my "to do" list for the weekend...
First, I got the grommets installed for my engine harness:

Correct me if I’m wrong that’s a DSE ac delete panel with a VA bulkhead ac connectors. How did you connect the lines from the evaporator to the bulk head?
Old 02-13-2020, 08:43 PM

Correct, I had to make custom lines from the evaporator to the bulkhead on the inside. It’s not easy but is time well spent if you wanna hide the lines as much as possible. You can make hardline patterns and send them to VA and they’ll custom bend and make the finished lines for you. The catch is that they’ll make them exactly how your template is so you wanna get it right.

Old 02-14-2020, 11:18 PM

Quote:
So I ordered one of frankv11's cold air intake kits to take the place of the one I originally made for the car. The other one worked fine but needed a support brace and, most importantly, needed to be away from sucking hot air from behind the radiator. Frank's kit is really nice and he did a tremendous job getting my order turned around and out the door lightning fast. I wanted to have it in time to get it installed before HRPT so that obviously won't be a problem. Here's the initial mockup. Now I just need to get the tube pulled back out and painted before final assembly. This is one of the nicest kits I've seen for a first gen Camaro and well worth the money.
Late to the party Shane but just saw your thread , great job on that install and thanks for the kind words.
The Following User Says Thank You to frankv11 For This Useful Post:
Gmachine1911 (02-15-2020)