Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-24-2008, 08:11 PM

Default new project / already having a blast

Hey everyone, got a new project going, its a 69 camaro. I know another one, there like a bad disease, I just cant get past the body style. Anyway with me its about the build, some of you have seen my 67 camaro, it was a basket case that required a lot of my time welding but for me its like therapy and I cant get enough. So I begin another one, this time Im not going to weld any sheetmetal and subject my wife to the grinding/welding mess since I do all my work out of my basement/1 car garage. She's a trooper if you can imagine her white blouses hanging from the plumbing(laundry machines) and me grinding and welding non stop for months right next to them, needless to say I cant subject her to the black hue that fills the air and our noses. This is where Mike Riggs- Mikes custom cars enters the project, He's preparing a new body for me with the dse subframe connectors and we will do DSE's quad link and Full subframe. Frank from Prodigy Customs has been very helpful in getting me many of the needed parts to put it together. The brakes are the new wilwood ws calipers with 14" rotors all the way around, I should have them this week and will install them and update. The subframe is like a piece of jewelry, sometimes I just go down into the shop and just look at it for a while, its a shame that much of it is hidden once in the car. Today I cut metal and welded all afternoon and made a cart out of an old lakewood engine stand. When your tight on room its nice to be able to wheel things around to create room. Anway it was a ton of fun building it, I call it The DSE Subframe Super Cart.

Rich