Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Chassis and Suspension
User Name
Password

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-26-2018, 09:49 AM

Yes, I have been reading Ron's thread on front suspension, about 1/4 way into it so far, I want to really soak it in so have been re-reading over and over. I have a post in it on the last page and Ron has gave me a little input so I am working on making changes but struggling a little with it. I would have thought 2" of dive and roll would be more than I would get from a purpose built track car that is mid engine and with a flat 6 the center of gravity will very low. Other than fiberglass there is nothing above the top of the rear tire other than the roll bar and my helmet. I am going to try to calc the CG but have not figured that out yet. I assume Performance trends can assist with that? What do you think I should account for with dive and roll? I would be happy to end up anywhere near the 917/10 or 908's handling ability. I don't even know if there is much now days that can keep up with a 350 hp 908 on most tracks. But I am having fun with diving this far in trying to get the best handling I can.