Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 01-16-2011, 08:11 PM

I tried to be strong, the hinges were just to sweet. Went for the black ano.

Made some progress, got the rear window regulators in and door handles/locks. Had to weld the seat back braces in and hopefully wont have to take the Mig torch out again, aint no fun welding with fully painted panels all around. Probably not smart but I covered myself and the welded area with a big blanket to prevent spatter from destroying my paint. After I modded the rear seat I had the guys at Creative auto interiors in Butler NJ cover the frames for me, they did a nice job. I decided Im going to do the headliner myself so I fitted the bows and all the little screws so I can find them once the headliner is hung. Also decided to get new window regulators for the front door glass, hope it helps tighten things up.

Old 01-17-2011, 10:21 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thumbs up

Very nice Rich. Good call on those hinges. They look awesome with that paint.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:23 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Nice progress Rich, donated another pint of blood I see, Sweet. The seats came out nice. How was it adjusting the back windows?

Last edited by waynieZ; 01-17-2011 at 10:25 AM.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynieZ View Post
Nice progress Rich, donated another pint of blood I see, Sweet. The seats came out nice. How was it adjusting the back windows?
Wayne- Those hinges are least 4 pints, The back windows are pretty easy, Im getting use to it now after doing the 67. I will do the final adjusting when I get the front window regulators and adjust the two pieces of glass together.

Rich
Old 01-17-2011, 01:28 PM

As nice as it looks under the hood with the hinges, hardware, and that motor are you really going to use those stock fender braces. Just a few pints more.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by War View Post
As nice as it looks under the hood with the hinges, hardware, and that motor are you really going to use those stock fender braces. Just a few pints more.
Jason - More than likely I will get different ones. Haven't found one that I like yet. Really not crazy about carbon and many of the alluminum billet look real bulky to me. Would be cool if Ring Bros had something classy to match the hinges. Probably end up with the DSE braces.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:43 PM

Nothing wrong with the stock braces. IMO
Old 01-17-2011, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ragtp View Post
Jason - More than likely I will get different ones. Haven't found one that I like yet. Really not crazy about carbon and many of the alluminum billet look real bulky to me. Would be cool if Ring Bros had something classy to match the hinges. Probably end up with the DSE braces.
I agree the DSE ones would look best. Your car is turning out very nice BTW.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:42 PM

Thanks guys- After the headliner Im gonna start on the exhaust and looking for the Corsa db red series mufflers part number 8332551 2.5" offset in and 2.5" center out. Found out there discontinued, and called Corsa but they dont have a recomendation on where to get them. If anyone has purchased them recently or has some info for me, it would be appreciated. Im hoping someone has some stock left over, I don't want the dreaded drone! Any other muffs out there that flow like hell are reasonably quiet at cruise and dont drone?

Thanks Rich
Old 01-25-2011, 09:43 PM

Tackled the headliner over the last couple days, thankful to have this job behind me its a big one. Im very happy with how it came out, its my second one. My wife really helps me with this stuff, Im a lucky guy, she has a great understanding of fabric/stiched stuff and very helpful. She would kill me if I posted a pic of her, so I told her I got one of her tugging on the headliner from the back. In my area of jersey they are getting a grand to do this, so Im extatic to have saved a bit. The dash pad will be the next hurdle , I had to get a OER repro since we started with nothing on this build, Im really thinking it aint gonna fit so good, keep my fingers crossed and ill let you know. - Rich