Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 09-05-2018, 01:55 PM

The work on the van pedal is brilliant! I like how that turned out.

Good to know on the van pedal harness too. I've been messing with these engines for quite a while and didn't know that.
hackster (09-06-2018)
Old 09-05-2018, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSLance View Post
I can't wait to see this same shot with the rear tires on it!!!

Not the same shot but you get the feel of it, looks ok I guess.
Attached Images

Old 09-06-2018, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofastwclass View Post
The work on the van pedal is brilliant! I like how that turned out.

Good to know on the van pedal harness too. I've been messing with these engines for quite a while and didn't know that.
I had no idea either, turns out the van pedal worked really well, better than the truck pedal would have once I modified it. Thanks for the props

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goosesdad View Post
Thanks man, its nothing like your build......but its guys like you that keep me motivated. Your car is amazing.

Quote:
I can't wait to see this same shot with the rear tires on it!!!
Done

It is just mocked up because some idiot put the wrong wheel studs in front and back, 12x1.5 front and 1/2-20 rear.....

I had a question about the rear brakes and called the wilwood guy to discuss, he said that they have no application for my rear axle.......even though its the fourth call to him and the 3rd kit and I have everything bolted on.....

My question was that this is a c clip axle and the kit came with bearing retainers that I dont need to use. Can I just omit them from the kit?

Then he asked the application. I told him 83 volvo =) with an LS and an 8.8 from a 1997 ford explorer. The phone started to smoke he was so confused.

Happy Thursday all!!

Sean
The Following User Says Thank You to hackster For This Useful Post:
Nonhog (09-06-2018)
Old 09-06-2018, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackster View Post
The phone started to smoke he was so confused.

Happy Thursday all!!

Sean

I have gotten that response so much I thought it was normal when building a custom vehicle. Hahaha!
Old 09-06-2018, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackster View Post
Done

It is just mocked up because some idiot put the wrong wheel studs in front and back, 12x1.5 front and 1/2-20 rear.....

YES!!! Thanks....

And for what it's worth, I've had Metric studs up front and SAE studs out back for probably 8 years now, you get used to it after a while...
Old 12-03-2018, 10:12 AM

Well, I got the car buttoned up enough to make it roll and moved it to our old place. I have since remodeled the entire house, moved, sold the eugene home and have kind of settled back into something of a normal life again.

Been seriously lacking motivation but gotta get this POS done before spring so here we go again!!

When I got it buttoned up to move, it was just to get it to roll so there is a lot of stuff left to do that nobody would ever see. I started at the back of it and am working my way forward.

I needed to create an access panel in the trunk to get to the new fuel pump location, I started with the stock location and worked my way over to the new pump location, hole saw and some tin snips and we have a nice clean opening, some riv nuts in the body and a nice aluminum plate to cover it all up and make it a little more safe. I also tightened all the fuel connections and buttoned up the wiring and weatherpack connectors for the fuel pump.

With that buttoned up I got to doing all the safety wire on the rotors, believe it or not this is a very nice task and once I got it down I enjoyed doing it.

I had not gotten around to rear brake lines, so that was next, I had some brake lines made locally as the first ones I got were too long at the caliper and ran into the spring. Drilled and tapped the axle housing for some tabs and got those on, hard lines bent up and tightened and the flex lines on. Torqued the calipers, loaded up the pads and the aside from fluids the rearend is done!!

One other item to note, my terminals I had originally ordered and installed were just too bulky and got too close to the battery mount, I was worried about wear over time or something moving around and shorting so I picked up another set that are smaller but use lugs to connect instead of allen head screws in the terminal. This meant undoing everything and crimping the new ends on the wire in the car. My Hydraulic crimper worked great for the smaller stuff but had to borrow my neighbors big crimper for the 1/0 guage, its total overkill but never have to worry about it not having big enough wire.......I got it all for free too. I like how this has turned out.

So guages should show up today, Racepak IQ3 Street Dash, I have a new battery on order, going to try and start getting fluids in this week, heat up the electrical so we can pull the factory tun out of it and start working on a new tune.
Old 12-04-2018, 10:49 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Fantastic build Sean, as all of your previous ones!

Andrew
Please get in touch if I can be of service.
My YouTube Channel
The Following User Says Thank You to andrewb70 For This Useful Post:
hackster (12-05-2018)
Old 12-04-2018, 10:56 AM

Looking good Sean...glad to see you back at it. Really enjoyed chatting at Lat G party...wish we lived a lot closer to one another so we could do that more often.
Old 12-05-2018, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
Fantastic build Sean, as all of your previous ones!

Andrew
Thanks Andrew, I am just a hobyist in my little garage, nothing compared to most of the guys on this forum.

Quote:
Looking good Sean...glad to see you back at it. Really enjoyed chatting at Lat G party...wish we lived a lot closer to one another so we could do that more often.
I couldnt agree more Lance. I would love to come down and check out the car scene around you and hang out with you one of these weekends, maybe this spring I could take a little trip down there?

Dropped some parts off at STS to get the hook up on some on off bits and pieces.

Got home and my parts I ordered from Summit on Monday had shown up, thats some amazing customer service right there, free 1 day shipping.

The battery in the previous pics was a dead one from a long time ago just used for mockup. So I got this battery swapped in and actually bolted down for the first time, new battery terminals are way better.

Picked up some new to me 5 panel taillights that are in much better shape. A little clean up on the buckets and some detailing on the lights and its mucho better!!

I have a few things to button up the next few days, going to try and put power to it before the weekend and read the ECU.

About to order up all the stuff for the exhaust too. Man I have a lot of **** left to do.

Sean
Old 12-05-2018, 01:45 PM

Great to see you back on track with this thing, Sean. It's just great to see an actual build thread going on here . . .

Ditto on the Summit shipping deal. Between no sales tax in Nevada and my proximity to Reno (next day free), I can say that Summit is my favorite store in the world. I feel a need to visit them in person once or twice a year, just to show I care.

As for the tune, given your engine setup, I can strongly recommend, as an extreme amateur with HPTuners, a stock 2010-11 Corvette Zr1 tune (for a baseline, not forever). It got me running and driving instantly (not necessarily safely--the timing advance levels are crazy in the stock zr1 tune) after a (LS9) cam, injectors (Deka 80s), and turbo on my 5.3. Converting to speed density was pretty easy, but finding accurate injector data was a chore (but done). Success here may of course depend on your cam and injector choices . . .

Here's to happy predictability!