User Name
Password

Old 03-30-2012, 11:10 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 2,204 Times in 1,342 Posts

JR's got my vote.

Skip
Old 04-04-2012, 12:38 AM

I just cant believe what this post turned into. I simply just wanted to find a reliable engine builder and get questioned about me being the issue. Most of the guys on here were pretty cool except for a couple of forum natzis.
JR.....when your name came up originally, I was vague about my experience because I didn't want to get into detail about our conversations as you probably read.
Now that you posted, it looks like your misunderstood or misinformed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRComp View Post
Sorry I'm a little late with a response here but let me clarify a couple things. First of all, if this is who I think it is we had 2 conversations. The first was when you were brought to my shop by a local builder who I do business with. The conversation at the time was "what would it cost me for a power added LS engine making xxx hp". Of which you were given a rough verbal estimate.
Your absolute correct except for the fact that I was given your number by the shop that refereed me to you 2 weeks prior to me visiting your shop. I called and spoke with Shawn and explained what kind of build I was doing and how much power I was looking for and how much it would cost. He said he would speak with you and get back to me with and estimate by email. I got no response and mentioned that to guy that refereed me to you. I wasn't worried about it because I was dropping my car off at the time and figured I would swing by and BS with you personally. You were very informative and showed me some complete cars, your shop and build room. You showed me the twin turbo set up and another blown set up and you gave me some rough numbers. The rough numbers you gave me, gave me an idea of the cost if I wanted to go that route and it was so I asked you specifically if you can put a couple quotes for me and email them and you said it wasn't a problem but to give you a couple weeks because you were having a child. I was totally cool with that because I just had a child 3 weeks earlier then you so I completely understand. You asked for my email and I told you that your partner already has it because we spoke on the phone a couple weeks back and you wanted it again incase he couldn't find it.

Quote:
The second conversation may I remind you was a phone call made by me to you after hearing you were not pleased with the local builders quote to finish your car and I took it upon myself to call you and try to give you some guidance. Again telling you on the phone what it would cost you for an engine of the caliber you were looking for. At that time I did mention that I was way behind in the shop after the birth of my daughter and was trying hard to get caught up on the backlog of paying customers engines in the shop. At that time you had told me that you were not happy with the quote from the local builder and you were moving the project up north.
You did call me out of the blue which surprised me and thanked you for calling as well. You did give me guidance and your opinion on the shop that refereed me to you and I did give you my opinion on the quote. I told you that I still didn't receive a written estimate and was serious about getting a motor built. I specifically asked you " Please get me an estimate" at the end of our conversation because I mentally was planning on going with you after our talk. You were cool when I met you and were cool on the phone and you seemed to know your stuff. I just wanted a written estimate. Telling me it's going to cost me about 30K to build me a motor is not what I want. I want a simple written estimate. I want to know what parts are being used. I didn't think I was asking for a whole lot especially when I'm just about to pull the trigger with you. You did tell me you were backed up and I said that was fine. To this day....I never received an estimate, so 3 months later I post on this forum and here we are. After asking on 3 different occasions for an estimate and not getting one pretty much tells me that you're to busy which some people on this forum have a hard time believing or just don't want my business. I left it at that and moved on. I didn't have hard feelings or talk negative in any way.
Quote:
Now lets discuss some things that NEVER were mentioned, discussed or have happened. First, you never once mentioned to me any specifics of your build i.e... a stroked LS engine with an F1 Procharger.
I never mentioned specifics about my build other then I possibly wanted a turbo set up or blower. You mentioned I wasn't going to get the power I wanted with a whipple charger.You verbally quoted me for a motor with a blower and a motor with twin turbos.... This is exactly why I get written estimates so these things don't come up.
Quote:
Secondly, I have searched my inbox and telephone message log and have found zero messages or any other correspondence.
I have a couple email from you. I can forward them to you or post them. I emailed you on Dec 28th "Hello there, I spoke with you on the phone a couple months ago about building a motor for me and even came down a little over a month ago and met up with you guys. Sean from ---------------- introduced us. I was hoping to hear back from you by now because you mentioned you were going to get back to me with an estimate after a couple weeks. I thought I would try you one last time. Regards John
You emailed me back 30 minutes later mentioning you been out a bit because your wife and child were sick and you lost my contact info. You even quoted be under 30K ish in the email.
Quote:
Now I don't know if you are speaking about me or my shop when you say that you came with a "build sheet of exactly what you wanted", so I won't say that's an outright lie, but I was NEVER provided with any information about a detailed build sheet. Again, all that you ever said to me was "how much to make xxx power?"
Your 100% correct again. That was another shop. I told you what kind of power I was looking for and was wondering the cost to build what I wanted.
Quote:
Lastly I will say this. If somehow during this massive growth spurt we have experienced in the last year you feel that you or your quote were overlooked, then I sincerely apologize and will do everything I can to rectify this situation. However our reputation for our service, attention to detail, and building the highest quality engines in the industry is impeccable and can be vouched for by many members on this board. And I will personally see to it that stays that way.
I do accept your apology and do believe your sincere. I never questioned your ability to do the job and thought your quality of work was superb and thats the reason I pushed you to get me an estimate because I wanted to do business with you.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
That would be my take on the situation. Business ain't that good that "everyone" is turning down a guys business... so some part of this story doesn't add up. Not slamming the OP... but it just doesn't make any sense.
Right there in black and white he says he was back logged....Does it make sence now buddy?
Now that you know the story, can you close the case .... Sherlock homes.

Last edited by 69/RS; 04-04-2012 at 09:57 AM.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:54 AM

Sherlock...I hope you can help me, I lost my favorite Matchbox 35 years ago. I don't have many clues other than it was an orange General Lee replica. Please help. Thanks in advance!
Old 04-04-2012, 08:24 AM

I always had great results buying Shortblocks from Texas Speed or SPDC.....Both Shops are very reputable in the LSX Engine building....Also you can either buy their Heads or go with a different company like WCCH,Trick,AFR and etc...It's the same concept building these engines does not take a "Mad Scientist" to build... On My recent build, I Bought a stroker kit from Texas Speed and a set of WCCH's and had My Local engine Builder help me put it all together...Good Luck Finding your Engine

Last edited by cencalc6; 04-04-2012 at 12:50 PM.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:41 PM

69/RS - Let me just clear some things up here and hopefully shed some light so we can all move on. I do apologize that the written word can easily be taken out of context or perceived incorrectly. Clearly we have had some miscommunication here and I would like to fix that.
After doing some research I have found that the ball was dropped on our end. I had 4 pretty much identical quotes for customers wanting S/C LSX engines and confused your email with a couple others. I do recall our conversations and meeting here at my shop and have looked into who received written quotes and who did not, and you are correct, you never received one. Furthermore I want to say that I have no hard feelings about anything personally or professionally and that sometimes we have miscommunication and that is no fault of yours.
Lastly I would like to say that I would be happy to promptly give you a written quote for your project if you are still undecided? And if you have made a decision, I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors and hope to see you and your ride on the streets or at events in the near future. As always, if there is anything I can do to help you out, don't hesitate to contact me directly.
Regards,
JR
Old 04-04-2012, 05:35 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cencalc6 View Post
I always had great results buying Shortblocks from Texas Speed ,.....On My recent build, I Bought a stroker kit from Texas Speed
I bought my shortblock from Texas Speed and Performance. I highly recommend them too. Hadn't fired the motor up yet, but they are a great bunch of guys to deal with and have some good prices on their blocks too.

Old 04-04-2012, 10:27 PM

wow, i wish everyone would handle business as nicely as jr. i think hes easily earned himself a phone call about my ls build.
Special Thanks To: Rushforth Wheels ; Kore3 ; SC&C
Build Thread : https://lateral-g.net/forums/show...ght=widowmaker
Old 04-04-2012, 10:33 PM

Quote:
69/RS - Let me just clear some things up here and hopefully shed some light so we can all move on. I do apologize that the written word can easily be taken out of context or perceived incorrectly. Clearly we have had some miscommunication here and I would like to fix that.
After doing some research I have found that the ball was dropped on our end. I had 4 pretty much identical quotes for customers wanting S/C LSX engines and confused your email with a couple others. I do recall our conversations and meeting here at my shop and have looked into who received written quotes and who did not, and you are correct, you never received one. Furthermore I want to say that I have no hard feelings about anything personally or professionally and that sometimes we have miscommunication and that is no fault of yours.
Lastly I would like to say that I would be happy to promptly give you a written quote for your project if you are still undecided? And if you have made a decision, I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors and hope to see you and your ride on the streets or at events in the near future. As always, if there is anything I can do to help you out, don't hesitate to contact me directly.
Regards,
JR
I don't know you JR and have no skin in this game, but that's class ! Kudos to you! It's rare to here someone admit fault especially in a public forum.

68 Chevy Pickup Project
Build Thread: https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=7505

THANKS TO: A&M Machine and Fabrication, CCTek (http://www.candctek.com), Hermance Design(www.hermancedesign.com), Paradise Road Rod & Custom, Harry Opfer Welding, Wegner Automotive Research, Clayton Machine Works
Old 04-17-2012, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Regards,
JR
JR, I do appreciate your response and honesty. That goes to show you're a solid person. From your response, I can tell your reputation is very important which I can completely understand as a small business owner my self. I would definitely consider getting a motor built by you like I did when we first met.
I ended up getting a smokin deal on a new LS9 crate motor that I couldnt turn down by a friend of a friend. My car is 1/2 way done and when completed in 4 to 5 months, I plan on finishing my 240Z build. I will definitely need a motor and will give you a call on that one. Will be another LS based motor. Thank You again....